Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scum of the earth... firemen attacked again

Options
  • 21-10-2007 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhmhmhaugbkf/rss2/

A firefighter in Maynooth is recovering today after a violent attack in the town last night.

At about 8pm, units from Maynooth Fire Station were called to the scene of a chimney fire in the Greenfield area.

It is understood that a group of youths, who were at a nearby bonfire, fired rockets at firefighters as they tried to bring the blaze under control.

One firefighter was injured and was brought to James Connolly memorial hospital in Blanchardstown.

He has since been discharged.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

pretty pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Wasn't Michael McDowell bringing in mandatory 5 year sentances for offences like this?

Not sure was it ever brought in though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

arm the fire brigade!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

This happened in Maynooth? Hadn't heard anything about it. Thankfully he wasn't more seriously hurt. Scumbags.:mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Bunch of muppets. Someone could have been seriously injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Happens all the time,part of the job.Just not reported.I say turn the hose on the feckers..But then they sue if injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Absolute vermin. They should be locked up in a special prison soaked in petrol so we can all throw smouldering fag butts over the wall at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Dalfiatach

texas star wrote: »
    Happens all the time,part of the job.Just not reported.I say turn the hose on the feckers..But then they sue if injured.

Too true. These scum are everywhere now, in every town and city in Ireland. They know there is nothing anybody can do to stop them, because they have "rights" and will end up winning a load of compo.

Back when I were a lad, any of the local men would give you a good clip round the ear and drag you up to yer ma if you were acting the maggot...and then she'd get righteous on yer arse with the old wooden spoon for showing the family up in front of the neighbours :D

We got up to all sorts of mischief, but we knew there were limits. Trying to blow up fire engines and kill the firemen would just never have occurred to us :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Dalfiatach wrote: »

We got up to all sorts of mischief, but we knew there were limits. Trying to blow up fire engines and kill the firemen would just never have occurred to us :eek:
    You must be mega old. Get with it man, attacking firemen is all the rage now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

DaveMcG wrote: »

A firefighter in Maynooth is recovering today after a violent attack in the town last night.

At about 8pm, units from Maynooth Fire Station were called to the scene of a chimney fire in the Greenfield area.

It is understood that a group of youths, who were at a nearby bonfire, fired rockets at firefighters as they tried to bring the blaze under control.

One firefighter was injured and was brought to James Connolly memorial hospital in Blanchardstown.

Flip. Maynooth of all places. :eek:

My student house is near enough Greenfield and they two bonfires already on Thursday Night.

The other day I was walking back to my house and there were 6 scumbags firing rockets at each other and two ran down my road. The once I got beside them they started running a firework just went off behind me.

Fúckin Scum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I know that area well. I used to have cousins living there. They had to move out because of the amount of complete scum who infested the area. Most of them weren't locals, but hung around there.

One of my cousins lived in an end house. One night one of the local hard men threw a brick through the bedroom window. The brick hit my cousins' eight year old son on the head and the glass shattered all over him. He had to be hospitalised.
    This happened in the late eighties, so this latest act is nothing new to that area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

bring back the ira... all is forgiven :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

DaveMcG wrote: »

How is this possible, I mean it was only the other day that there was all this publicity about Ireland being the friendliest country in the world??

The horror of the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

True, most of the little muppets would be under 16 and hence come under the Juvenile Liaison Programme, hence lots of chats and talking to without any real recrimination or punishment.

I'm normally against Sharia Law, but in this case, stoning to death seems an appropriate sentence.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Agreed. And surely the hose could just have "got out of control for a moment, your honour!"

While the judge might not actually believe you, I suspect most of them are sick enough of this kind of crap that they would pretend to ...

I think I'd chance it, tbh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Agreed. And surely the hose could just have "got out of control for a moment, your honour!"
    How about a fire hose scene like in Transporter II?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

do they get off on such scumfoolery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭curiousxxx1

Why isn't anything being done? Surely they can fine their parents or community service, there has to be some sort of punishment for these juveniles..
    Every day when i see kids vandalising e.t.c i just wonder what sort of discipline they receive from their parents or guardians..
    By vandalising and behaving like eejits they are wasting tax payers’ money that could have been put to good use.
    Would someone have to die before the Government start acting on
    this:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

this country is some ****hole

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

http://www.asboireland.ie/ should have all the information you need.

New laws for scumkids since March 07.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

I wonder would these specimans of society be so quick to attack the firemen if it was their house on fire.. What sort of person thinks its ok to attack firemen.. They must be f**ked in the head.

It happened up our way (Dublin 15) last week. A gang of local scum set two fires at the back of a neighbours house. He rang the fire brigade. They got bricked out of it when they came to put out the fire so they left. An even bigger fire was started so my neighbour rang the fire brigade again. He was told that they could not come out without a a police escourt as they had been attacked. My neighbour rang the garda station about the fire and was told "we are the gardai, we dont put out fires" my neighbour explained what happened and they said they would send a patrol car out. 1 hour later and with the fire still going and no sign of any of our emergency services he ended up putting the fire out himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

gazzer wrote: »
    I wonder would these specimans of society be so quick to attack the firemen if it was their house on fire.. What sort of person thinks its ok to attack firemen.. They must be f**ked in the head.

It happened up our way (Dublin 15) last week. A gang of local scum set two fires at the back of a neighbours house. He rang the fire brigade. They got bricked out of it when they came to put out the fire so they left. An even bigger fire was started so my neighbour rang the fire brigade again. He was told that they could not come out without a a police escourt as they had been attacked. My neighbour rang the garda station about the fire and was told "we are the gardai, we dont put out fires" my neighbour explained what happened and they said they would send a patrol car out. 1 hour later and with the fire still going and no sign of any of our emergency services he ended up putting the fire out himself.

Jesus christ!!!

I saw the fire truck and car going up and coming back down on my way to the funfair last night. The fire was in a scummy area of Maynooth (there's a few).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Why isn't anything being done? Surely they can fine their parents or community service, there has to be some sort of punishment for these juveniles..
    Every day when i see kids vandalising e.t.c i just wonder what sort of discipline they receive from their parents or guardians..
    By vandalising and behaving like eejits they are wasting tax payers’ money that could have been put to good use.
    Would someone have to die before the Government start acting on
    this:confused:

Has anyone heard of someone being fined for not having a fireworks licence? 10k fine is caught without a licence. Would they enforce that law?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I can understand these scum attacking the gardaí.
    I can understand these scum attacking social workers.

But why would you attack a fireman or even an EMT as sometimes happens?

These scum bitch and moan that the government failed them, hands out for a new council home and more welfare please.
    And what's worse is these scum will call anyone in a suit in a job a snobby ****er!

Lets take the American route of welfare to work and zero tolerance instead of the UK route of a PC culture and a welfare state.

Boston or Berlin, there is hope for us yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

dodgyme wrote: »
    this country is some ****hole

Nah it's just scumbags.

They just came from some unknown land and invested the place with this scumy behaviour so we can just push them aside and asure people that in general we're not like this

It's a disgrace really and the poster who descirbed what would have happened in the old days, of those getting up to bad behaviour were taught a lesson by the parents, sadly, a lot of the time, their parents will do little or nothing and so they contiue to get away with murder, all for the "buzz of it"

Attacking fireman is not on. And of course they would probably have watched it for some time and not bothered to report it, because they aren't obliged.

Deary dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

micmclo wrote: »
    I can understand these scum attacking the gardaí.
    I can understand these scum attacking social workers.

But why would you attack a fireman or even an EMT as sometimes happens?

These scum bitch and moan that the government failed them, hands out for a new council home and more welfare please.
    And what's worse is these scum will call anyone in a suit in a job a snobby ****er!

Lets take the American route of welfare to work and zero tolerance instead of the UK route of a PC culture and a welfare state.

Boston or Berlin, there is hope for us yet.

IMO, you wouldn't appear to be a very understanding person

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Mordeth wrote: »
    arm the fire brigade!
    With flamethrowers!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Its all politics,everyone love the fire brigade and they do the best they can but as was mentioned earlier when they can't come out to do their jobs,to put out fires then jo public start asking"What are they paid for",as the Gardai have to assist in these circumstance..but are usually busy fighting crime in our streets :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Believe its happened before in Greenfield, they'd do the town a benefit by sealing the road and pathways in to there...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Bring back corporal punishment! :D

Advertisement