Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stoopid people who save a seat for their bag on public transport

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I think it's just really annoying! Put your bag infront of your shins and if an ugly twat comes and sits beside you, let him be and don't be condicending! But if there is BO, tell him to get a fûcking wash!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The little bitch using a seat for her Louis Vuitton handbag on the 46A this afternoon was like that! 3 seats left upstairs on the bus, the one beside her was closest to the front, and she looked as if I'd asked her to kill her mother when I asked her to move her tiny handbag. Snotty little cow.

You could just walk for another three seconds and let her enjoy her journey without some inconsiderate jerk like you crushing her against the window, grinding against her and panting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

save a seat for your bag on the bus?! I even save a seat for my feet on the bus!, and another space beside me just incase I want to lay down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Zillah wrote: »
    You could just walk for another three seconds and let her enjoy her journey without some inconsiderate jerk like you crushing her against the window, grinding against her and panting.

Unless he's 30 stone, thats unlikely.

She has no more right to have a seat for her handbag than the other people with empty seats.

Why on earth should he not sit there and instead walk to the other end of the bus to sit beside someone else and "crush them against the window"?

If the girl was 15 and the others were adults, wouldn't he just be crushing them more since adults are usually larger than teenagers?

Just odd, odd logic used in the quoted post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Bugs the crap out of me to be honest. The same applies to the Dart as well. Some people even like to have a seat for their copy of the Metro while they are reading the Herald (Admittedly that only takes about two minutes).

People that sit on the floor of the dart when there are no seats bug me as well, taking up the room of four people whilst everyone else is crushed together.

Oh, people who push their way on as soon as the door opens, preventing people getting off and people who meander along getting in everyone's way (They are known as Meanderthals in London). this hapens a lot at the airport as well as people who stnad in everyone's way so they can chat, then there are the people who stand blocking the moving walkways when they know people want to get by. This is usually groups of girls.

Lastly, the women who walk up to the ticket barrier/departure gate then have to search in their handbag for their ticket whilst everyone behind them gets more and more annoyed.

and not forgetting the ignoramous who will sit in their seat, on the bus, train or dart and will pretend to be too engrossed in their paper, or fast asleep, so that they do not meet the eye of the old lady or pregnant women who should have their seat.

Baically, when I am travelling, pretty much everyone bugs me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Oh yeah, nearly forgot.

Plastic Dog Turd FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Ebonyellie

This annoys me so much, its pure arrogance leaving a bag on the seat beside you, if you paid for the other seat especially for your bag thats a different issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Ebonyellie wrote: »
    if you paid for the other seat especially for your bag thats a different issue

On the way home I'm going to buy about 12 tickets and then scatter my possessions around the seats.

Imagine yelling at some elderly woman to get the fuk away from Ipod's seat!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Bricriu

People who take up seats with their bag, or sit on the outside seat on the bus, taking up two seats, are not stupid, they are selfish and have inflated egos. They should be made pay double until they get their ego under control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

brim4brim wrote: »
    Unless he's 30 stone, thats unlikely.

Eh, I think he's a she.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 pip'n'chin

Well i automatically put my bag on the seat beside me when i get on the bus. The last day i was on the bus and it was pretty full but i didnt bother moving my bag until it looked like someone might want to sit down, its not that i was being deliberately rude, i was just away in my own wee world. Fortunately no one sat down beside me, i have really long legs and i have to sit slightly side ways on buses and its uncomfortable if theres someone sitting beside me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

brim4brim wrote: »
    Just odd, odd logic used in the quoted post.

Pishaw!

This lady has signified that she would like to sit alone by leaving her bag beside her on the bus. The other people who have not taken such measures clearly are not as concerned. Hence it would be kind to take an extra few steps and indulge her in this small thing.

Advertisement