Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stoopid people who save a seat for their bag on public transport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,979 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Just stick a wrench in the rear suspension as you board and youre good to go.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Public transport is for poor people anyway. I care not about this issue.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to deal with the maid's unexpected pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

The worst is when your listening to your ipod nice and happy out, when the fool next to ya keeps talking to ya and you have to keep taking out the ear phones to hear what they saying..

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The little bitch using a seat for her Louis Vuitton handbag on the 46A this afternoon was like that! 3 seats left upstairs on the bus, the one beside her was closest to the front, and she looked as if I'd asked her to kill her mother when I asked her to move her tiny handbag. Snotty little cow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

the bag is so insecure girlies don't have someone they don't know sitting beside them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭psycho8itch

I dont like sitting beside smelly people.
    Apart from that im a great travel partner. I don't look at them...don't touch off them..don't talk to them...hell, i don't even acknowledge them!

( "Them/They" being the evil seat snatcher beside me. Evil seat snatchers have cooties you know!! ) lol

joke!
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

Maximilian wrote: »
    Public transport is for poor people anyway. I care not about this issue.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to deal with the maid's unexpected pregnancy.

LOLZ :D:D Have a look at the abortion thread on humanities, may help
    as for the bag thing, yeah I sat in a scangers hand bag, and when she pointed it out to me I made a face as though I was farting and then said, "oh Im sorry, didnt realise your bag was there" big grin said different :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

The little bitch using a seat for her Louis Vuitton handbag on the 46A this afternoon was like that! 3 seats left upstairs on the bus, the one beside her was closest to the front, and she looked as if I'd asked her to kill her mother when I asked her to move her tiny handbag. Snotty little cow.

Should have just walked on to the next seat after she moved it :D

Or sat beside her and insisted on trying to chat her up the whole way just to p*ss her off and then say so I guess we'll be seeing more of each other, whats your number just before you get off. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Vain wrote: »
    The worst is when your listening to your ipod nice and happy out, when the fool next to ya keeps talking to ya and you have to keep taking out the ear phones to hear what they saying..

Two things.

I fúcking hate that absolute bogger saying "...out"

What the blue fúck does happy out mean? He's sound out.

What the absolute holy crap does it even mean.

Stupid country people.

Now, point number two.

If someone is rude enough to actually talk to me when I'm listening to my mp3 player, I usually ignore them. ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I thought 'out' was a nothern english saying?

I'd say you'd ignore them earphones or not Des ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

zAbbo wrote: »
    I thought 'out' was a nothern english saying?

Well, if it is or not doesn't really matter. It makes the bog warrior culchies sound even more stupid than they already are.
    zAbbo wrote: »
    I'd say you'd ignore them earphones or not Des ;)

I spent a week walking around with broken earphones in my ears at one stage so I didn't have to talk to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Des wrote: »
    Well, if it is or not doesn't really matter. It makes the bog warrior culchies sound even more stupid than they already are.

I spent a week walking around with broken earphones in my ears at one stage so I didn't have to talk to anyone.

you should go live in an apartment with a pipeline postal system. you would never have to go outside or talk to anyone ever again. wait a couple of years and they'll plug you into a matrix without people.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

brim4brim wrote: »
    Or sat beside her and insisted on trying to chat her up the whole way just to p*ss her off and then say so I guess we'll be seeing more of each other, whats your number just before you get off. :D

Funny, but if I'd tried that I would have looked like a total paedo, she was about 15 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

I don't understand people who make a big deal about it, or those complete and utter morons who make a show out of getting you to move the bag when there's about 50 free seats. What on earth point are they trying to make? It's so petty. If the bus is really filling up, I'll move my bag but what kind of idiot would sit with a heavy bag in their lap for an hour when there's an empty seat next to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Or how about those stupid people who cant spell "stoopid" right.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Des wrote:
    Two things.

Chill out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

javaboy wrote: »
    Chill out.

i concur. also, you shouldnt tar country people with the same brush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 SpookyWriter

ozzyoh wrote: »
    It REALLY annoys me! I do it myself, but only when a bus is pretty much empty, once I see more and more people getting on, I move it before I'm asked to. I remember one day, there was literally only 1 seat left, and it was occupied by a girl's bag, I politely asked could I sit there, and she made this show of sighing really loudly as if it was such a huge inconveneince....silly biatch...:mad::mad::mad:

Do YOU do this? If so....SHAME ON YOU!
    Why would you call her ma a bag?

ottostreet wrote: »
    i concur. also, you shouldnt tar country people with the same brush.

Yeah all city people do this and its really annoying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Des wrote: »
    Two things.

Stupid country people.

Now, point number two.

If someone is rude enough to actually talk to me when I'm listening to my mp3 player, I usually ignore them. ****.

I think you need to drink some Cranberry Juice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I think it's just really annoying! Put your bag infront of your shins and if an ugly twat comes and sits beside you, let him be and don't be condicending! But if there is BO, tell him to get a fûcking wash!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You could just walk for another three seconds and let her enjoy her journey without some inconsiderate jerk like you crushing her against the window, grinding against her and panting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

save a seat for your bag on the bus?! I even save a seat for my feet on the bus!, and another space beside me just incase I want to lay down!

Zillah wrote: »
    You could just walk for another three seconds and let her enjoy her journey without some inconsiderate jerk like you crushing her against the window, grinding against her and panting.

Unless he's 30 stone, thats unlikely.

She has no more right to have a seat for her handbag than the other people with empty seats.

Why on earth should he not sit there and instead walk to the other end of the bus to sit beside someone else and "crush them against the window"?

If the girl was 15 and the others were adults, wouldn't he just be crushing them more since adults are usually larger than teenagers?

Just odd, odd logic used in the quoted post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Bugs the crap out of me to be honest. The same applies to the Dart as well. Some people even like to have a seat for their copy of the Metro while they are reading the Herald (Admittedly that only takes about two minutes).

People that sit on the floor of the dart when there are no seats bug me as well, taking up the room of four people whilst everyone else is crushed together.

Oh, people who push their way on as soon as the door opens, preventing people getting off and people who meander along getting in everyone's way (They are known as Meanderthals in London). this hapens a lot at the airport as well as people who stnad in everyone's way so they can chat, then there are the people who stand blocking the moving walkways when they know people want to get by. This is usually groups of girls.

Lastly, the women who walk up to the ticket barrier/departure gate then have to search in their handbag for their ticket whilst everyone behind them gets more and more annoyed.

and not forgetting the ignoramous who will sit in their seat, on the bus, train or dart and will pretend to be too engrossed in their paper, or fast asleep, so that they do not meet the eye of the old lady or pregnant women who should have their seat.

Baically, when I am travelling, pretty much everyone bugs me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Oh yeah, nearly forgot.

Plastic Dog Turd FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Ebonyellie

This annoys me so much, its pure arrogance leaving a bag on the seat beside you, if you paid for the other seat especially for your bag thats a different issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Ebonyellie wrote: »
    if you paid for the other seat especially for your bag thats a different issue

On the way home I'm going to buy about 12 tickets and then scatter my possessions around the seats.

Imagine yelling at some elderly woman to get the fuk away from Ipod's seat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Bricriu

People who take up seats with their bag, or sit on the outside seat on the bus, taking up two seats, are not stupid, they are selfish and have inflated egos. They should be made pay double until they get their ego under control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

brim4brim wrote: »
    Unless he's 30 stone, thats unlikely.

Eh, I think he's a she.

Advertisement