Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

UNLOCKING Qs? - *Only* post in this thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I finaly unlocked my Sagem my v-65. I just rang up Vodafone and gave then all my(brothers;)) details. They gave me the process of how to do it and a code. I haven't finished it yet casue I need a vodafone simcard to get in to do it. Here's what to do: I can't remember whether it's in the menu or in the main screen but you hit down and star. I can't remember what's on this screen but it's called homepage or something. Then go to simlock and type in a code (It's a certain one for each phone just like the nokia's) and press ok. That's the best I can do from the instructions given to me by the operator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭ Clementine Purple Curler

anyone feel like unlocking a couple of 3310's for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,744 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Will unlock phones for anyone!

Only Nokia, Siemens, Panasonic, LG and Vitel makes.

Send me a PM with your IMEI number, phone make & model, network.

PS - I promise you all i will not do anything with your phone's IMEI or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

I was just lookin round and this handy code unlockes a few models tried on p400 worked perfectly so far maybe can unlock others heres the 3 steps:

1. Turn off your phone,make sure theres a sim thats wont work in it and turn it back on.
    2. At the wrong card message, type *#9998*3323#. A message will pop up telling you to press exit, so hit the right softkey. Choose number 7 (or 8 or 9 work, I think). Your phone will reboot and your SIM will work.
    3. Type *0141# and then hit call. This will give you a message saying your phone is personalized.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,185 ✭✭✭kensutz

Does anyone know how i can get this unlocked to be sim free?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭jonathanbuc

blah blah blah

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

i was in a friends house earlier and he was tellin me he wanted to sell his car so I told him bout boards.ie and he registered and posted bout it and here also to tell this person where to get their phone unlocked and it's gone now!! was wonderin why is all?? never had any dealings with gsm solutions but these lads http://ourmobiles.suddenlaunch3.com seem ok as I've got a few done by em with no hassles!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

If you're at your friend's house again tell him to stop signing up new accounts to boards. If I catch you advertising his website again I will ban you. If you're banned in the next few minutes it is because I reviewed your posts and found them suspicious. Unless the mods of this forum have an objection, there will be a ban on mentioning the our mobiles or gsm solutions people on boards.ie, they've been nothing but dodgy annoyances on boards for far too long now and I'm inclined to presume that both of ye are just reincarnations of their numerous banned accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭digiman

Is it possible to unlock the nokia 6230 by just putting in the code after you switch on the phone or do you need to use a cable to unlock it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

ecksor wrote:
    Unless the mods of this forum have an objection, there will be a ban on mentioning the our mobiles or gsm solutions people on boards.ie, they've been nothing but dodgy annoyances on boards for far too long now

thanks, ecksor

i have no objection, previous instances have indeed taken away the time i'd rather spend replying to members queries

everyone should now review the updated README: Rules & About the Mobiles / PDAs board..., this thread is the only thread to deal with unlocking, and now the two commercial entities appear above in the thread it won't be required to link/mention them in the future

BrianG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 poodlenosejim

i have a v220 on orange, but want to unlock it so that it can be on o2. does anyone know where i can unlock it (romotely)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

i have a v220 on orange, but want to unlock it so that it can be on o2. does anyone know where i can unlock it (romotely)

You can't unlock the Vxxx series without a usb cable, or buying the subsidy code from orange (assuming they would give it to you anyway). You could try emailing motorola and asking them for the subsidy code, but I'm not sure if they will give it to you.

Other than that, there are likely to be shops in your town that can unlock it. I don't know where you are, so can't recommend a place.

Regards
    Brendan

digiman wrote:
    Is it possible to unlock the nokia 6230 by just putting in the code after you switch on the phone or do you need to use a cable to unlock it

it can now be remotely unlocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 henough

Anyone got a code for unlocking this phone?

Thanks ;o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭jonathanbuc

blah blah blah

henough wrote:
    Anyone got a code for unlocking this phone?

Thanks ;o)
    pm me
    1. Your IMEI number - press *#06* on your keypad.
    2. Your make and model of phone.
    3. The network (o2,meteor,orange,virgin etc) that the phone is locked to.
    4. The country where the phone is locked to.

I'll do it for nought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Why all the interest in unlocking phones?

Are you all switching Irish networks who arn't letting you go? I thought new bill phones wern't locked in - or you could get the code from them for free?
    Am I missing something here...like buy cheap pay as you go and then use it elsewhere or visa versa.

Sorry this obviously isn't more forte but I'm interested! :D

Bri wrote:
    Why all the interest in unlocking phones?

Are you all switching Irish networks who arn't letting you go? I thought new bill phones wern't locked in - or you could get the code from them for free?
    Am I missing something here...like buy cheap pay as you go and then use it elsewhere or visa versa.

Sorry this obviously isn't more forte but I'm interested! :D

all phones (even some bought"sim free") are locked to a certain operator and to get that operator to unlock it for you is usually a certain amount has to be spent on your account!! now in the mornin if meteor brought out the best nokia etc on pay as you go it'll be locked to their network till you spend X amount then they'll give ya the code but ere you can get it unlocked for a much smaller fee usually places charge a tenner or even free sometimes which leaves you free to put whatever sim you want in it!!

hope this helps you understand better!!

if not then someone else will probably do a better job!!!!

jonathanbuc banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭cole9

this is a nice piece of software let me know what yu think

http://homepage.eircom.net/~emccole/files/cyber_5.4.zip

• Advertisement

That s/w program is a little old, there is a program like that that can unlock the Dct 4 Nokias including the Nokia 6230 and can also remotely unlock alot of the top models like the Samsung E700 for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭deadduck

probably posted already but check it out anyway http://www.theunlocker.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭cole9

Hi,

Can anyone get me the unlock code for my sony ericsson t630 which is locked to t-mobile UK?

ecksor wrote:
    jonathanbuc banned.

He then came back as 'cocksucker' (who I banned, duh). Obviously from a very professional company.

Add 'gsmnews' to that list. Lame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

@menka

recently acquired a nec e313 3g, tried the unlocking codes you posted, but doesnt seem to be working, have tried it 3 times now, dont want the fcuk it totally, thought id ask have u any experience in unlocking this phone, maybe im doing something wrong??

ubu wrote:
    @menka

recently acquired a nec e313 3g, tried the unlocking codes you posted, but doesnt seem to be working, have tried it 3 times now, dont want the fcuk it totally, thought id ask have u any experience in unlocking this phone, maybe im doing something wrong??

you gotten this phone done yet??? I might be able to help ya!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

no, still no luck with it, was gonna just pay to get it unlocked, but any help would be appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭wataru

this prob a real dumb question but can you still shove a speakeasy sim into a o2 billphone and it will work? no unlocking?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭FT77

yes that will work no problem............. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement