Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Little Mareen, down the boreen, poor petaleen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Can you self install an alarm? .. i.e DIY it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

how the fcuk can the customer be liable !!!!! crazy sh1te altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

All the "Marys' down the boreens" now scared witless by the Scaremonger General.

Ye're all going to jail, Joe said it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Conor84

pc7 wrote: »
    Little Mareen, down the boreen, poor petaleen

Joe going on like that makes Jackie Healy Rae seem like a Harvard educated intellectual

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Floggin's too good for 'em, Joe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

signostic wrote: »

Probably, just dont tell the insurance company. I'm pretty sure having it installed by an un-certified professional voids the insurance policy.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

What about competition, where we not told to shop around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Conor84 wrote: »
    Another thing that annoys me about LL. The way that whenever a public service organisation is mentioned he always say great staff, do a great job. When talking about the PSA lad who apparently knew nothing about alarms Joe said I'm sure he was a lovely man etc.

Then when talking about the Adoption Agency the caller said she was a nice woman and Joe goes yeah they all are - do a great job - and the caller then said well I only met one. Dead right.

Why does Joe go out of his way to praise public sector staff - remember how he praised Dublin binmen to the hilt and likes to go on about how great An Post, Dublin Bus staff are.

Don't forget all the great lads AND GIRLS in the fire service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Let's be honest .. If Mary was brought to court (which would never happen), she will claim ignorance... there is no chance of her going to jail..

"The alarms in Maplins are not up to standard".. lol.. Joe doing his best to backtrack now.

• Advertisement

It's started already, this just in.

Irish%20Famine2eviction.JPG

RadioRetro wrote: »
    Floggin's too good for 'em, Joe!

Yeah, its a good kick in the arse they need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭nosey guy

Mmmmm...i think i heard joe make up about four words there..

Lights with usbs?

alarms with what exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Burgalrees?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

shotguns for all i say

syklops wrote: »
    Probably, just dont tell the insurance company. I'm pretty sure having it installed by an un-certified professional voids the insurance policy.

Really? Feck some ordinary Joe installed ours (about 5 years back), I've never noticed it as a T&C on the insurance I better check it. As far as I can see insurance companies do everything they can to not pay!

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Burgalrees?

It rhymes with galleries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

good pro-active work there by the banks - preventing a future run on the banks by removing the ATM's.

todays liveline one word review.

WOEFUL

maplin_1707474c.jpg

Maplins will be calling Joe

• Advertisement

nosey guy wrote: »
    todays liveline one word review.

WOEFUL

Based on your assessment I'm going to have to try stay true to my word and ban myself and cure this addition!

Really? Feck some ordinary Joe installed ours (about 5 years back), I've never noticed it as a T&C on the insurance I better check it. As far as I can see insurance companies do everything they can to not pay!

Its worth checking. They will do anything to get out of paying up. I remember working in Tech Support and a load of modems were not replaced because lightening was an act of God and therefore outside of the liability of the insurance company. Try telling someone their 60 euro modem wont be replaced because of that, and then try telling the 20 people who ring up after them. Fun job.

Based on your assessment I'm going to have to try stay true to my word and ban myself and cure this addition!

Say something derogatory about a caller and a mod will save you this hassle.

controversial skylops...watch out!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Bizarre the amount (majority?) on this thread who obviously hate this show but still tune in, why not listen to something else or do something productive with your time.

Bizarre the amount (majority?) on this thread who obviously hate this show but still tune in, why not listen to something else or do something productive with your time.

Haters gotta hate.

Bad idea Sky, having to listen to LL and not be able to post frustration/praise/pain etc here ;)

Buts its part of the fun, we don't listen cause we like the show, we listen cause we are Irish and love inflicting pain on ourselves. I think its in our DNA from the old catholic guilt days. Its what makes it fun. Why do you think the rultand centre advertise during live lahnnnn, its not for gamblers or crack addicts, its for us Joe Hating Live Lahnnnn addicts.

;)

We excel at satire ;)

• Advertisement

I have to say i have read your posts on the previous thread ,never saw you on over the years, why do you keep coming up with the same questions?

The reason for this thread is for people to give their opinions about the show.

You want to be a mod is that it?

Whats Mooney & Brek on about today...don`t feel like tuning in

I have to say i have read your posts on the previous thread ,never saw you on over the years, why do you keep coming up with the same questions?

Only those who approve LL are permitted to post here...right Teckno?

racism in soccer with Roddy Collins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Gay footballers....... again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭furiousox

We're waiting for someone with cancer to come on air so we can laugh at them (again) right? :rolleyes:

CPL 593H

• Advertisement

Just waiting for Roddy to come out with a clanger any minute now..

Only those who approve LL are permitted to post here...right Teckno?

No of course not but I listen to it because I find the topic interesting if not I switch it off, its really immature to listen to shows you hate just to make inane or offensive remarks why not tune into something you like or try to do something productive with your lives instead of writing childish nonsense.

Unless I'm mistaken Techno, you alleged on the previous thread (only yesterday in fact) that a post mocking/laughing at someone with cancer was posted on the LL thread 'last Thursday or Friday'. You also referred to people here as "immature idiots" for doing so.

I asked you to provide proof of that post ever being put on the boards. Seeing as we're on a new LL thread would you kindly point it out to us?

"Childish nonsense" is one thing, making false wide-ranging accusations is another, don't you agree?

In any case I, and I'm sure a few more here, look forward to seeing that offensive post - so - whenever you can dig it out for us. Much obliged if you would. Thanks in advance.

edit, here btw is the transcript of your post, just to remind you, I've highlighted the revelant passage
    post #18129

I agree, a lot of posts on this thread are from immature idiots making fun of people in dire circumstances like some poor unfortunate bloke who's wife was dying of cancer and had a lot of operations who rang in last thurs or friday, having a laugh is cool but ripping the piss out of such people isn't on,most of the rest of the comments are about how crap it is, if you hate the show so much fcuk off and listen to something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Hmmm, I didn't get to hear today's show (except the first 10 minutes) due to meetings, but there have been 189 comments, which means it was a busy show, did I miss much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

No of course not but I listen to it because I find the topic interesting if not I switch it off, its really immature to listen to shows you hate just to make inane or offensive remarks why not tune into something you like or try to do something productive with your lives instead of writing childish nonsense.

Technocentral, I suggest you read the forum charter. Posts which basically boil down to "if you don't like it, change the station" are considered off-topic and are not allowed. If you continue with them, they will be deleted and you may face a ban. You will get no more warnings on this.

• Advertisement

dulpit wrote: »
    Hmmm, I didn't get to hear today's show (except the first 10 minutes) due to meetings, but there have been 189 comments, which means it was a busy show, did I miss much?

all things beginning with a...adoption, alarms and atm`s

Bard wrote: »
    Technocentral, I suggest you read the forum charter. Posts which basically boil down to "if you don't like it, change the station" are considered off-topic and are not allowed. If you continue with them, they will be deleted and you may face a ban. You will get no more warnings on this.

Excuse me for trying to be a mature adult.

I cant speak for everyone but liveline is on at a part of the day when I am able to listen to it and give it enough RAM to understand what is being said, so I can comment. No other show interests me as much at this time of the day.

The show used to be different. It used to be a lot better and I still hope that one day it will become as good again. Go listen to when PBH was running things, those were some amazing shows. If at all possible go have a listen of it when Marian Finucane was doing it. Love her or hate her, she did a show that was far removed from the rabble rousing crap we hear day in day out.

I have numerous issues with the show and have been verbal both on here and to RTE themselves. Not just with Joe but with the shows production aswell. No other show seems to suffer from as many bad lines as Liveline does. Surely when the researcher is talking to the caller they can make a decision as to whether the persons line, accent and diction are suitable or not for the air. Unfortunately there seems to be no such call screening.

I cant speak for everyone but liveline is on at a part of the day when I am able to listen to it and give it enough RAM to understand what is being said, so I can comment. No other show interests me as much at this time of the day.

The show used to be different. It used to be a lot better and I still hope that one day it will become as good again. Go listen to when PBH was running things, those were some amazing shows. If at all possible go have a listen of it when Marian Finucane was doing it. Love her or hate her, she did a show that was far removed from the rabble rousing crap we hear day in day out.

I have numerous issues with the show and have been verbal both on here and to RTE themselves. Not just with Joe but with the shows production aswell. No other show seems to suffer from as many bad lines as Liveline does. Surely when the researcher is talking to the caller they can make a decision as to whether the persons line, accent and diction are suitable or not for the air. Unfortunately there seems to be no such call screening.

I don't have a problem with all posters on here and wasn't criticising people like you, just the ones who find it great fun to slag and put down people with serious problems, I wouldn't consider Live Line to be an excellent programme or Duffy to be a great presenter but sometimes the topics and callers can be interesting and informative (maybe 50% of the time). Honestly though you can't deny people the right to express themselves because of those reasons if so it would be all D4 types on the air! Anyway to finish, I listen in to hear interesting stories/topics not to anonymously belittle people on forums thats all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Technocentral banned for 2 days for being a smart-ass to a mod, continuing to post off-topic and ignoring the forum charter despite a warning.

[edit]: ban reduced to 1 day after discussing the issue with Technocentral.

Other posters: Please stay on topic or the same may happen to you.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

It's a disgrace Joe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

telekon wrote: »
    The results are in from the previous thread.

Congratulations to the following posters, otherwise known as Joe's biggest fans. :D

The Top 10 are:

Total Posts: 18,143

User Name Posts
    JonathanAnon 927
    Wertz 857
    europa11 794
    That_Guy 785
    syklops 780
    my friend 742
    pc7 710
    SEPT 23 1989 672
    sudzs 607
    Big Daddy Cool 593

Joe is proud of you all. Keep the faith. God bless etc etc...

Wow !!!

Look at me not there :)

>> Thank Fuk <<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Yes, but you'll have one hell of a time getting home insurance.

All alarm installers have to be certified and registered now. It only came in a few years ago, so you were probably done before it was introduced. Next time your insurance is being changed or renewed or whatever, you might have to get the alarm system certified before you'll get it. Would be best to get it done anyway so the insurance have no excuse if something does happen.

They are pretty easy to install so everyone thinks they can do it. Hence why you now need to be registered and certified to do it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLXTDq99bd0CJvru3W5yom3j15UYguu-abmotNr-tUFUQTIod_

YOUR BINGO CARD FOR
    THE NEW THREAD ! ! !

Well Done

Fair Play

Are you there Mary ?

John in Cork…

Stay there Mary...

Back after these...

Clontarf / Ballyfermot

Before you phoned me Joe…