Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm too far away and have to buy tyres anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I got 2 OOT incase anyone is looking for one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I got 2 OOT incase anyone is looking for one

Any chance you'd mind holding it for me until payday next Friday?

no problimo

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Gonna be making a tesco trip later anyway, so will have a look!

• Advertisement

no problimo

Cheers mate. How much you looking for anyway?

What is cost me sure a fiver, share the value

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

if anyone gets a second copy of wither the mario kart or zelda I would be interested. I can't get to any of the stores as I broke my foot and my helpers are sick to the sight of me and won't go for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

These were mine for today. I did also spot someone with 5/6 copies of Metroid prime trilogy in their hand so missed out on those but they may be in other stores. A staff member was also saying she got a Wii console for €50, Id say it's the original Wii and not a Wii U, so check the console prices too.

I'll also be honest and say I was very bold and did pick up a couple of copies of Ocarina and traded them in to CEX to cover the cost of Luigis mansion as that was full price.

9ECA7388-CBD9-4039-AFB2-EFEDF825181D_zpscjrztcfa.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Damn, I wouldn't mind a copy of Tekken, if any can pick up a spare I'll send sort them out

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

In nutgtove there are lots of wiis, some bundled with wii fit, for fifty quid, they're not near the game section itself though. All the copies of OOT were gone when I had a look an hour ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

In nutgtove there are lots of wiis, some bundled with wii fit, for fifty quid, they're not near the game section itself though. All the copies of OOT were gone when I had a look an hour ago.

What Wii's are they, the black ones or the newer mini one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Myrddin wrote: »
    What Wii's are they, the black ones or the newer mini one?

Weren't the mini ones. Think they were just the black and white ones, maybe the Mario kart or wii sports resort pack.
    They had a batman psp pack for fifty (psp 3000 I think), and ds lights for fifty which were all gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Metroid Prime Trilogy (collectors edition) for a fiver in Tesco as well.

Edit: just noticed this was posted already.

If anyone spots a Metroid Prime Trilogy or two, would they pick it up for me? :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'll keep an eye out for any games.

Star Wars edition Xbox 360 consoles are also €99 according to bargain alerts.

now thats a good deal!

Anyone spots one of those I have cash waiting

now thats a good deal!

Anyone spots one of those I have cash waiting

Same :o

Myrddin wrote: »
    Same :o

Count me in too!

• Advertisement

The Last Story is also in this for a fiver, so said my brother. He got me a copy but won't say if its the limited edition or not and he got Metroid Trilogy as well the little blither.
    Also Pokemon Park 2 for Wii is in it, I know there's at least one Pokemon lover in here.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    The Last Story is also in this for a fiver, so said my brother. He got me a copy but won't say if its the limited edition or not and he got Metroid Trilogy as well the little blither.
    Also Pokemon Park 2 for Wii is in it, I know there's at least one Pokemon lover in here.

Yeah I spotted poképark wii for a fiver too but the last copy was also in the hands of that guy that had all the copies of metroid prime.

Decided to pop back to Nutgrove just now to see if anything else was put out for the morning before the store closes. They have black wii mario kart console bundles for €99, kinects for €99, wii fit board only for €30, wii fit with game for €50, loads of mario karts for a tenner and the wii sports resort with the motion plus for a tenner. They had 2 of these left so I bought one for €50, and also picked up another tekken for Ciderman. No sign of metroid or xboxes. I've waaay overspent this month! :o

57F8B2A9-6933-4EEE-A8B8-D476E312CB72_zpsgeqhgvdr.jpg

And just discovered a bit of a problem upon unboxing the psp. The battery, presumably from so many years of non use, is swollen/bulging and I'd assume quite dangerous. So just beware if you do pick one up.

And just discovered a bit of a problem upon unboxing the psp. The battery, presumably from so many years of non use, is swollen/bulging and I'd assume quite dangerous. So just beware if you do pick one up.

Exact same thing happened to me over a year ago buying a reduced psp from Tesco.
    They sourced a new battery for me free of charge.

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Exact same thing happened to me a year ago buying a reduced psp from Tesco.
    They sourced a new battery for me free of charge.

Did you email them or call into the store?

Did you email them or call into the store?

Called into the store.
    Showed them the swollen battery and they took my details & got in contact a week later.

Took another week for them to source a battery from their supplier if I remember correctly.

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Called into the store.
    Showed them the swollen battery and they took my details & got in contact a week later.

Took another week for them to source a battery from their supplier if I remember correctly.

Cool! I'll see if I can pop in tomorrow. Fired them off an email anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Went into Tesco Maynooth earlier, no sign of any of these deals. :(

Yeah I spotted poképark wii for a fiver too but the last copy was also in the hands of that guy that had all the copies of metroid prime.

Decided to pop back to Nutgrove just now to see if anything else was put out for the morning before the store closes. They have black wii mario kart console bundles for €99, kinects for €99, wii fit board only for €30, wii fit with game for €50, loads of mario karts for a tenner and the wii sports resort with the motion plus for a tenner. They had 2 of these left so I bought one for €50, and also picked up another tekken for Ciderman. No sign of metroid or xboxes. I've waaay overspent this month! :o

Hey Atavan, my local Tesco hasn't got any of those Mario Kart but has the Pokemon yoke, if I can get one would you do a swap for the Mario Kart and I'd cover the difference. They also have Pokemon Rumble, that any use to you?

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Hey Atavan, my local Tesco hasn't got any of those Mario Kart but has the Pokemon yoke, if I can get one would you do a swap for the Mario Kart and I'd cover the difference. They also have Pokemon Rumble, that any use to you?

Yeah sure! I'll pop in tomorrow evening and pick mario kart up. I have rumble so just pokepark would be fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement