Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pot Noodles ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Over 500 cals a pot - no wonder yer wan from gogglebox is the size she is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I ate/drank 2 chicken and mushroom ones in a row a few years ago when I got home pissed. I never had such bad heartburn in my life afterwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

shamrock55 wrote: »

You've got to exercise either way to keep the weight down, if a person doesn't abide by the rules of gravity then they will turn into a pot noodle. Exercise is always the golden key to unlock the mind into thinking logically.

I ate/drank 2 chicken and mushroom ones in a row a few years ago when I got home pissed. I never had such bad heartburn in my life afterwards

That's the alcohol causing heart-burn not the noodles ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

That's the alcohol causing heart-burn not the noodles ;)
    No I had my usual amount of guinness that night. I could feel the water from the pot noodle sitting on my chest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

She has that while waiting for her takeaway to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Really don't get the hype over Pot Noodle, they're not even the best tasting instant noodle, which isn't exactly a classy foodstuff. Koka are far nicer, or better yet, go to your local Asian supermarket which will have imported noodle packets with a much wider variety of flavours. I found a duck flavoured one once which was bloody gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

OP is Dave Angel: Eco Warrior in disguise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Wang King wrote: »
    Koka curry noodles pisses all over pot noodle!

The mushroom ones are amazing! Mc Donnells are your man though for being actually filling

I used know a fellow who very early on in our acquaintance used to eat his pot noodles out of a bowl. I should have known right then that that fellow was no good.

/Runs off to 'inexplicable things' thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

They taste like armpit.

Koka are great though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Aye that's the one.

Man, watching that ad is such a drag

You sure you don't mean this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

Never had one.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭unjedilike

Open chicken and mushroom Pot Noodle. Add boiling water to just above the line. Stir and close lid. Place upturned plate on top, add heavy book and leave for 10 - 12 minutes. This is yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

I've never had a pot noodle :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

They are vile. Bleugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Not a clue, they're the ones in the blue packet. Don't think they're anything to do with Koko noodles, must try them sometime though

Supernoodles are in the blue pack but only good in the mild curry flavour. They brought them out recently in a "pot" same as pot noodles.
    Ruined it :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

The lidl chicken and mushroom ones are about a third the price and just as good (at least they were). Sometimes they'll even have a corn kernel included!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

knorr curry rice is gorgeous. Pot noodles can lack a bit of flavour from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,914 ✭✭✭circadian

Used to love them, now I just season Udon noodles and cook them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

the only decent one out of all the potted noodles was the koka curry one, even then you just tossed the noodles out and drank it as a soup

salty salty deliciousness

haven't had one in well over a decade though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

FanadMan wrote: »
    You sure you don't mean this one?

Aye that was the one, bouncylouncy edited his post!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Pot Noodles are vile things.
    I used to think they were glorious. But there was some Pot Noodle event in the college bar one time and me and the housemates blagged ourselves a few trays of pot noodles. We lived on them for a week or so. We all died a little on the inside that week.
    We even had to go shopping to find softer toilet paper.

Koka noodles are great though. The Knorr ones are the champion though. BarBQ Beef ones are righteous.
    But it is essential to eat them with the heel of a batch bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Boom_Bap wrote: »

noodles sambos saw me through college!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

But how much do you really love noodles;

:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

whiskeyman wrote: »
    noodles sambos saw me through college!

Oh yeah, ever escalate to a baguette and mix 2 different flavour noodles together. That's royal living.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Oh yeah, ever escalate to a baguette and mix 2 different flavour noodles together. That's royal living.

Think I tried mixing the chicken and beef ones.

Another staple favourite were noodle toasties..... with cheese!

think I need to reminisce over the weekend and make one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭snowgal

Isnt that actually a cup though? That looks like pot noodle. I think so because everytime she was on I was like 'how can she eat them all the time!' and then saw that it was just a cup.:confused:

I love koka black pepper noodles. they have quite a kick off them though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

They're horrible. They're hard in texture, not soft like noodles should be.
    And they taste so synthetic.
    Chicken flavour Supernoodles are the only way to go.

Update

You were indeed correct. I had a chicken and mushroom pot noodle last night and it was damn nice, but I woke up this morning with really bad heart-burn as well, it was pretty bad.

You were dead right. Looks like I'll stick with the beef one as I never got the heart-burn from those ones. Chicken and mushroom is a fail.

• Advertisement

Pot Noodles are vile things.
    I used to think they were glorious. But there was some Pot Noodle event in the college bar one time and me and the housemates blagged ourselves a few trays of pot noodles. We lived on them for a week or so. We all died a little on the inside that week.
    We even had to go shopping to find softer toilet paper.

Koka noodles are great though. The Knorr ones are the champion though. BarBQ Beef ones are righteous.

I'll have to try that one soon, sounds nice. I will leave my report thereafter.

Advertisement