Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pot Noodles ?

Options
  • 17-09-2015 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭

4am in the morning carried away by a chicken pot noodle,
    I watched your vision forming carried away by a chicken pot noodle, the sauce was lovely at the end of the night,
    Far away on the other side I was moving so fast I almost forgot the damn fork and I didn't know how to push through.

So folks, What do you think of the Pot Noodle ? is it one of the best snacks made on earth ?. Which is your favourite ?

Chicken and mushroom & the beef ones are damn nice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

4am in the morning carried away by a chicken pot noodle,
    I watched your vision forming carried away by a chicken pot noodle, the sauce was lovely at the end of the night,
    Far away on the other side I was moving so fast I almost forgot the damn fork and I didn't know how to push through.

So folks, What do you think of the Pot Noodle ? is it one of the best snacks made on earth ?. Which is your favourite ?

Chicken and mushroom & the beef ones are damn nice.

Used to love them, then didn't have one for a couple of years until a few months ago. It was absolutely horrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

You know how they make them?

They fill a Chinese lad up with noodles and get him to vomit into a plastic container

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Brian from Bray

My favourite would have to be chicken curry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

chicken and mushroom is awesome with a packet of rancheros for dipping :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,172 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

You break open the seal on a pot noodle
    And I put on the kettle
    It's four o'clock in the morning,
    And it's starting to peckish.....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Koka curry noodles pisses all over pot noodle!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I won 20 pot noodles and a pot noodles t shirt (and possibly a clock?!) for writing the letter of the week to a magazine when I was a child. We fought over the beef ones. Even the smell of one would make me gag now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

They're too bloody expensive. Something that tasty should be free to the world. It's a damn crime.

Chicken and mushroom, with extra soy sauce.

Lyaiera wrote: »
    They're too bloody expensive. Something that tasty should be free to the world. It's a damn crime.

Chicken and mushroom, with extra soy sauce.

It's a sad state of affairs when a pot noodle is deemed too expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

According to every-one here my taste-buds are fecked ? I think they are really tasty, what has become of me.

• Advertisement

what has become of me.

A nice table?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Was always more of a Knorr Quick Lunch man meself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Horrid things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

The ultimate two minute soakage meal before going on the lash. Became very popular down in the Gaeltacht if the bean an ti had a horrid supper, you'd avail of the constant kettle of hot water and nick a fork from the kitchen and you'd be sorted before a feed of Guinness.

I find it amazing that some folk find them horrible when I think they are very tasty, Itchy tasty for the resi fans ;)

They're not bad for you either to be honest compared to the majority of junk some folk purchase. That damn chicken and mushroom one a while ago was outstanding, everyone to their own I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Ah, not for me. Those knorr pasta pouches aren't too bad though! Super nodles are OK too, BBQ flavour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

The one those bastards from Brussels banned (Bacon Sizzler I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I don't know much about Pot Noodles, but my brain feels like Mushy Peas after reading the op's description of the said Pot Noodle.

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Ah, not for me. Those knorr pasta pouches aren't too bad though! Super nodles are OK too, BBQ flavour

super noodles, are they the ones called koko noodles with a very spicy sachet ? if they are they don't have a patch on the real pot noodle. In saying this...the chicken koko ones are not bad but they don't have the real tasty flavour of the uk made ones.
    I don't know much about Pot Noodles, but my brain feels like Mushy Peas after reading the op's description of the said Pot Noodle.

That was just dramatisation regarding this delicious invention of this snack, and a bit of Mike Oldfield-Moonlight Shadow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Haven't had a Pot Noodle in years! I remember people started bringing them into school when I was about 15. Our PE teaching dedicated half a class to tell us how awful they are for us and that she didn't want anyone bringing them in again. Think that actually put me off them! And they're rank.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

super noodles, are they the ones called koko noodles with a very spicy sachet ? if they are they don't have a patch on the real pot noodle. In saying this...the chicken koko ones are not bad but they don't have the real tasty flavour of the uk made ones.

Not a clue, they're the ones in the blue packet. Don't think they're anything to do with Koko noodles, must try them sometime though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Pot Noodles are gross and claggy. Granted, I haven't had one in over 10 years so maybe they've improved the flavours somewhat since. Regardless, Chicken Koka Noodles FTW.

Was super noodles the ones with the ad with the spinning bow tie? Always reminded me of the Beasty Boys song, never ate them coz I didn't want to be a nerd.

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Haven't had a Pot Noodle in years! I remember people started bringing them into school when I was about 15. Our PE teaching dedicated half a class to tell us how awful they are for us and that she didn't want anyone bringing them in again. Think that actually put me off them! And they're rank.

The elites said that about tuna sandwiches as well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Mech1

Best on a Moonlight Shadowy evening, see you in heaven someday.

The elites said that about tuna sandwiches as well ;)

Totally with the elites on tuna suandwiches in that case. Unless you're a cat. Which is possible.

Was super noodles the ones with the ad with the spinning bow tie? Always reminded me of the Beasty Boys song, never ate them coz I didn't want to be a nerd.

Was it this one, crazy stuff...

Aye that's the one.

Man, watching that ad is such a drag

Aye that's the one.

Man, watching that ad is such a drag

Indeed, time for a change in pot noodle world... original video redacted above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Koka noodles are a way better

Advertisement