Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

have you ever killed an animal?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Almost killed a stray kitty that ran out from under a car in my Peugot 206 this morn, but didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Noopti wrote: »
    Hilarious....... :rolleyes:

i did put a ":o" in. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

i did put a ":o" in. :rolleyes:

Good point. Let me try it...

I bloody love a bit of genocide. :o

It works!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

BongoJuice wrote: »
    I mowed down a badger the other night on a country road near my house. I didn't feel all that bad about it. I couldn't help thinking if it was a dog I'd be a lot more upset.

I'd say the badger wasn't as casual about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Took the head off a pheasant that stuck its head out of a bush on a country road. It kept standing for a while then i saw it fall over in the rear view mirror. Kept driving and checked for damage to the car...none so i was happy to have a good story to tell!

• Advertisement

Noopti wrote: »
    Good point. Let me try it...

I bloody love a bit of genocide. :o

It works!!

hilarious............ :rolleyes:

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    DUDE/DUDETTE!!

One flippin word ya lazy billy-VET

Ya should have taken it to the vets!! :(

I don't want to get into the details of why I couldn't (it's sick) but trust me, moving the dog was impossible. Calling a Vet at that hour in the middle of nowhere between Portlaoise and Portarlington was a noble idea but I didn't know any Vet numbers and how long would it have taken them to come out there, only to do what I did in the end? That would have been worse to let lay there waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

WindSock wrote: »
    Almost killed a stray kitty that ran out from under a car in my Peugot 206 this morn, but didn't.

The car sounded a lot cooler until I clicked on the link ;) lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Two rabbits at the same time, felt a little bad until I saw they smashed my bumper!

Also hit a dog when I used ride a motorbike, lucky to be alive after it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

A few rats (hit by the car)
    A bird (hit by the car)
    A rabbit (I hit it with a golf ball at a driving range)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I once watched a duckling drown. But I was 7 and presumed it was swimming :(

Also I once tried that thing where you cut a worm in half and you get two worms, but I upset myself a lot doing that. And the two worms I got were really ****ty, go for quality of worms, not quantity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I thought I'd hit a dog one night driving on some back roads on my way to work. I had to pull over because I was hyperventilating. When I eventually got out of the car to have a look I realised it wasn't a dog, just a really big rat. I then laughed and rang work to tell them I wouldn't be in due to the trauma of murdering an innocent creature of nature, went home and watched some back to back Bear Grylls.

I also once destroyed four separate nests of Pharoah Ants that had come back in my suitcase with me after my holiday in Greece and then subsequently spread everywhere. That's mass murder really because there was millions of them. Was kind of my own fault though I waited six months before calling an exterminator, purely because I found them "fascinating" and would watch them crawl up and down the tiles on the wall of the bathroom for hours.

A mate of mine once put his goldfish in the microwave. It exploded!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Mowed down a hare and several crows in my car, also one or two rats :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I used to catch flies for the spider webs in my grannys house. Fire them into it then watch the spider wrap up and suck the life outta them -but hey, thats nature

Then sometimes I'd catch a wasp in a jam jar and tip him out into a web to see if he'd fight the spider off but he'd always break free

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    I also once destroyed four separate nests of Pharoah Ants that had come back in my suitcase with me after my holiday in Greece and then subsequently spread everywhere. That's mass murder really because there was millions of them. Was kind of my own fault though I waited six months before calling an exterminator, purely because I found them "fascinating" and would watch them crawl up and down the tiles on the wall of the bathroom for hours.
    :eek:
    A mate of mine once put his goldfish in the microwave. It exploded!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I've killed a lot of animals. But I ate all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Hit a baby rabbit in the car one night, I went back to check, it was still alive but not in great shape, looked in pain so I put out of its misery with the tire iron.

Not the easiest thing to do mentally when you've strong feelings about cruelty to animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Killed 2 cats one night in one go.

Both cats ran out in front of me..slammed on the brakes (no cars behind me and was only going about 60khp) to avoid them.
    However the cat that was in front of the other cat, as a result of me braking meant that he missed the front wheels but the rear wheel caught him.
    The cat behind him ran straight under the front wheels...fúckin stupid animals if ever.
    Worst still it happened in front of their owner's house and they were outside when it happened.
    I still didn't stop though...not my fault.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

What do you do when you hit an animal or pet? Call DSPCA (if in Dublin)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

And if we are outside Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    I shouldn't have but...I did laugh when I read that :o

DUDE/DUDETTE!!

One flippin word ya lazy billy-VET

Ya should have taken it to the vets!! :(

Agreed, why the hell didn't you take it to the vet or report it. Poor family out looking for him for weeks I bet. If someone ran over my dog and then battered it to death with a shovel I'd treat it the same as killing a member of my family..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

I killed a chicken today,it was pecking at my bananas,I trapped it under a mop and hit it with my runner two times,I dont feel bad because I gave it to
    someone who will eat it,and theres too many here anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Hit a dog....report it to the cops. It's the law!

"If the accident damages only property and there is a Garda in the immediate vicinity you must report it to the Garda. If there is no Garda available you must provide this information to the owner or the person in charge of the property. If, for any reason, neither a Garda nor the owner is immediately available you must give all relevant information at a Garda station as soon a reasonable possible."

http://www.rotr.ie/accidents-gardai-and-penalties/correct-behaviour-at-accident-scene/what-drivers-must-do.html

I think dogs (livestock) fall under property.

Cats don't though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

col.in.Cr wrote: »
    I killed a chicken today,it was pecking at my bananas,I trapped it under a mop and hit it with my runner two times,I dont feel bad because I gave it to
    someone who will eat it,and theres too many here anyway.

Where the hell are ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Not myself but I have and do support people who kill animals regularly.

Some I financially support even though I know they treat the animals deplorably as do many humans I suppose.

I must change this behaviour some day soon as if I really really cared about animal abuse, I would rather than just talking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

These chickens dont give eggs,not that I have seen,the person I gave it to seemed very happy with it,Im in Asia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Stretched the necks of a shed load of turkeys; murdered a few pheasants/bunnies/fishies for the pot. Squished wasps,flies,ants,lizards, spiders,mice and frogs.
    Never for pleasure though;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

yep, hunting, fishing, turkeys, chickens, a rat with a shovel etc... lizard, frogs
    (aparently a jam jar half filled with water and holes in the top isnt a good natural enviroment)

my granny etc... used to drown unwanted pups/ kittens, 2 buckets half fill 1 with water and place in the kittens/pups, put the other bucket on top and fill it with rocks or water.....leave for a while.
    bit horrific but they didnt have nuetering or spaying back in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Berkut wrote: »
    Killed 2 cats one night in one go.

Both cats ran out in front of me..slammed on the brakes (no cars behind me and was only going about 60khp) to avoid them.
    However the cat that was in front of the other cat, as a result of me braking meant that he missed the front wheels but the rear wheel caught him.
    The cat behind him ran straight under the front wheels...fúckin stupid animals if ever.
    Worst still it happened in front of their owner's house and they were outside when it happened.
    I still didn't stop though...not my fault.:p

I killed a cat a few weeks ago, it ran right in front of the car when I was driving at about 100kph. I couldn't brake or swerve in the heavy traffic, and I could see in the rear view there was no way it could have survived.

It wasn't my fault and there was nothing I could do, but still I feel really bad and guilty about it. I cried for hours after it happened.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement