Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Navy ... any info

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭rockagusroll

I got an email on the 6th to say I've an interview on the 17th in Cathal Brugha Barracks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 LMG

I got an email on the 6th to say I've an interview on the 17th in Cathal Brugha Barracks!

Hey,I got an email saying that I had passed the first stage and that I would receive an email by the 5th to tell me time and location of the interview etc which never came.I rang last week and they said they would sent it out again and that my interview would be in haulbowline but it still hasn't come.just wondering if you could tell me please was there any other important details in that email that i should know of.
    thanks and all the best with your interview.

LMG wrote: »
    Hey,I got an email saying that I had passed the first stage and that I would receive an email by the 5th to tell me time and location of the interview etc which never came.I rang last week and they said they would sent it out again and that my interview would be in haulbowline but it still hasn't come.just wondering if you could tell me please was there any other important details in that email that i should know of.
    thanks and all the best with your interview.

I've sent you a PM. Hope this helps!

I've sent you a PM. Hope this helps!
    cheers,thanks for that.

cheers,thanks for that.

No worries, best of luck with the interview. Its not too bad, just be prepared on the points they gave in the email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 danboom

irishbird wrote: »
    my bro was in the navy for a few years and then transferred to the army. he couldnt take the boredom of 3 weeks at sea.

he loved the training part, up at 5am ten mile runs back for breakfast :eek: he was name best recruit.

there was too much hanging around not doing anything for him
    sounds like my kind of thing,i do that just for fun

• Registered Users Posts: 34 groundshaker

Well. Did anybody inquire as to when the results of the interview would be sent out?

Well. Did anybody inquire as to when the results of the interview would be sent out?

I'm guessing it'll be the end of the week/start of next week. Maybe someone else knows for sure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kielmanator

I'm guessing it'll be the end of the week/start of next week. Maybe someone else knows for sure?

was told yesterday it would be about 2 weeks because they had interviews going in Dublin and Galway aswell.

I got the stats aswell if anyone is interested!

1193 applied for the apptitude tests.

600 completed the aptitude tests.

200 were accepted to interview stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭why so serious?

was told yesterday it would be about 2 weeks because they had interviews going in Dublin and Galway aswell.

I got the stats aswell if anyone is interested!

1193 applied for the apptitude tests.

600 completed the aptitude tests.

200 were accepted to interview stage.

Where did you get these stats?
    Well one of my mates has been pretty much told that he is in, after the interview he was told "not to worry about a thing he got on grand" by a family member already in the army.

• Advertisement

Where did you get these stats?
    Well one of my mates has been pretty much told that he is in, after the interview he was told "not to worry about a thing he got on grand" by a family member already in the army.

I got the stats from the Lieutenant running my interview down in Haulboline on monday morning.

I got an email yesterday saying that I have a fitness exam next tuesday morning. Anyone else?

I got the stats from the Lieutenant running my interview down in Haulboline on monday morning.

I got an email yesterday saying that I have a fitness exam next tuesday morning. Anyone else?

So in otherwords you got through the interview stage? I'm not shore if my mate got an email telling him about the fitness test yet, is it the same date for everybody and does everyone who does the interview get through to the fitness test or just a selected few?

So in otherwords you got through the interview stage? I'm not shore if my mate got an email telling him about the fitness test yet, is it the same date for everybody and does everyone who does the interview get through to the fitness test or just a selected few?

so it would appear anyway. tell him/her to check their inbox. I really wasn't expecting an email so soon.:o

so it would appear anyway. tell him/her to check their inbox. I really wasn't expecting an email so soon.:o

Will do! Thanks for the info and best of luck!!:)

Will do! Thanks for the info and best of luck!!:)

you too!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

What does the aptitude test involve?

Or is it the same thing as the fitness test?

What does the aptitude test involve?

Or is it the same thing as the fitness test?

sorry for the slow reply!

the aptitude test is an examination of your problem solving, mental, and comprehension agility.

I hope this answers your question!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Brian Clowen

Great to see such interest in joining the Naval Service.

Best of luck to all the sucessful candidates who were called forward to interveiw.

It was great to see all the bew candidates in their oft times illfitting first suits down on the base.

If anyone has a particular question they want answered about the Naval Service please pm me and I will be glad to help.

Just to remind you all that if you are called for the fitness test make sure you ome prepared with you packed sports kitbag.

Running Shoes, Shorts, T-Shirts and Socks make sure you bring your wash gear and towel for a shower afterwards.

No Running Gear, Not Able To Undergo Test, No Job!

The basic entry fitness test is very easy so give it your all, if you are required on the day to perform push ups and DF crunchs for the whole 60secs then give it EVERYTHING! You may be graded with your fitness scores.

Dont stop until the PTI tells you to stop.

The 1 1/2 mile run in haulbowline may not be a flat course around the base, its often starts from the Gym and goes through the base, out over the Rocky Is. Bridge and out the road to the marker.

Pace your self, you have 11mins 40 secs for male and 13 mins 10 secs for females. Do not sprint of at the start or try to prove something by racing the idiot next to you.

Take a steady pace until the half way marker, run the second half a bit faster look at the time you have left and when you can see the finish line, OPEN UP and LEG IT!

Best of Luck to all.

Got an email today from them letting me know how i got on in the aptitudes, scores etc...
    Haven't heard anything else since the interview though.
    Anyone else in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Anyone else in the same boat?

One step at a time :p

TAXI!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Wookster76

GL lads I spent 3 years in the navy.. Some great memories..Some of the best years of my life

concussion wrote: »
    One step at a time :p

TAXI!!

HAHA well said!! :D :rolleyes:

hey,i haven't heard anything at all since my interview,is that the end of it so?does anyone have any news since the interview stage?

Only thing i heard since the interview was the email with my scores in the aptitude test. Nothing else. Think maybe its time to ring them and see if they can tell us what the story is!

Only thing i heard since the interview was the email with my scores in the aptitude test. Nothing else. Think maybe its time to ring them and see if they can tell us what the story is!

Hey,thanks again for your help last time.i got that email also.ya i was thinking of doing the same thing,I will ring tomorrow morning id say.communication has been fairly poor to be honest.even just an email to say that you did not get through would be appreciated.

yea exactly, they've dragged it on a bit too long now! OK so hopefully they'll have answers for ya!

hey,i haven't heard anything at all since my interview,is that the end of it so?does anyone have any news since the interview stage?
    yea exactly, they've dragged it on a bit too long now! OK so hopefully they'll have answers for ya!

Alright lads, well if you read through the last few pages of this thread a few people have got word back and their dates for the fitness test, one lad I was chatting to said he got word back on the 25th of august as far as I know, so that was a few weeks ago at this stage... but maybe not everyone finds out at the same time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Tekkers

How come he is the only one to get confirmation and no one else has still?

Yea its weird alright, I'm sure they told me that we'd hear back either way!

• Advertisement

Tekkers wrote: »
    How come he is the only one to get confirmation and no one else has still?

Look at the other thread "Irish cadet class 2010" loads of people on that have heard back, navy and army.

Advertisement