Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Luas strike general thread (mandatory: read warning in post #1)

• 09-02-2016 6:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Copy of warning in post 1,300:
    Enough childishness on both side -- it ends here. I'm imposing strict rules on this thread -- expect to be warned and infracted for less than normal here.

I may yet review the last few pages again, but posts from now on must not have any hint of snipping and bickering, and must strictly stick with the rules on attacking the poster and not the post.

Also no grand standing: Reply to posts if you want or don't, don't bother reference posts saying they are pointless or referencing what people.

Constructive posts only.

Also no posts re the value of what people think here -- because such points are as on-topic to the thread as posts discussing the meaning of life, ie not at all on topic.

Does anyone know how long the 47 takes from Pearse Street to Leopardstown in morning traffic?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,916 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The 07:40 departure should get there for 08:45, and the 08:30 departure should be there for 09:20.

It might be easier to use the 46a or 145 to White's Cross and walk from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭cardinal tetra

Driving to work tomorrow and going to take pleasure in parking on the busarus luas stop.

Gardai have said no car can be clamped as the roads are private so only transfer can issue a removal. As they are on strike, they can't do anything!

Fill yer boots!

Free parking in Dublin city centre :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

You got a link for that? You're planning on parking at the Luas stop that the Store St Gardai use to get in and out. Good luck with that.

Fuppin watch me!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

They are not all private but please post a pic of before and after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

In fairness he's right - he won't be clamped. The council don't maintain the luas lines. But that's where the "right" ends I suspect.

Gonna tear down by pats, over the bridge and down along the luas line to busarus , passing 2 popo stations and there's not a thing they can do about it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭CJ Haughey

Orion wrote: »
    You got a link for that? You're planning on parking at the Luas stop that the Store St Gardai use to get in and out. Good luck with that.

Why is every thread turned into a court case asking for evidence.

CJ Haughey wrote: »

And then people complain because the world is falling in around them while they have been so busy about righting wrongs on an internet forum ffs!!!

Cowboys Ted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,489 ✭✭✭✭Victor

so only transfer can issue a removal.
    What does this mean in standard English?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

CJ Haughey wrote: »

Apt username for someone disliking evidence. Or court cases. The answer is "A guy on the internet told me", is rarely a valid excuse for anything up to and including parking your car on the Busaras Luas line.

What happens if you park there at 9.30 and the strike gets called off at 10am. I would imagine the car gets towed.
    What does this mean in standard English?

I assume he meant TransDev.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Why doesn't Luas Management - train up 20 to 30 Relief Agency Drivers so when we have drivers going on strike holding the commuters to random. The public are not affected. Just a taught :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,643 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

SIX PACK wrote: »
    Why doesn't Luas Management - train up 20 to 30 Relief Agency Drivers so when we have drivers going on strike holding the commuters to random. The public are not affected. Just a taught :)

This is the first time the drivers have gone on strike in 8 years. How long would agency staff sit around at home unemployed waiting for a call to come in for 2 days work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Why don't Luas management hire scabs? I don't know why, but I'm glad they don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Brave man parking on the Luas stop, or troll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

What is hourly rate for driving Luas ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭swervring

Genuine question, does anyone know if they can be walked on? A few years ago when the Green Luas was off because of the snow, I know people walked the track home as its the quickest way, wonder can it be done during strike?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,489 ✭✭✭✭Victor

swervring wrote: »
    Genuine question, does anyone know if they can be walked on? A few years ago when the Green Luas was off because of the snow, I know people walked the track home as its the quickest way, wonder can it be done during strike?

With street-running sections, I can't see anyone stopping you, but watch out for other traffic, especially garda vehicles.

With off-street section is would be trespass, there may be trip hazards and it may be unsafe when service resume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

swervring wrote: »

If half the people decide to walk the tracks and half decide to drive on the tracks it won't end well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

The problem is no only drivers are striking, but all workers there - maintenance, control, offices, etc.. etc.. Too many people to replace them smoothly and safely.

Anyway - I walked 20 minutes more than usual today just because LUAS strike - not a big deal (nice weather). I don't mind them striking - at least this gives government the reason not to bail them in future if they ask for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    Brave man parking on the Luas stop, or troll?

Latter.

Just parked up outside NCI at 8.30 this morning. was closer and only had to be in the office there for a few hours. no clamp. no cops. no towing. was delightful. drove back up the luas line, over the bridge by hueston and out onto conyinham road and now hitting the N8. If Dublin could be like this everyday, i hope the luas never comes back. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

How did you activate the traffic light sequences to let you through at the junctions?

It was closer to the office, i didnt even think of it!

As for the lights, I may have taken miniscule liberties with regards crossing of junctions. st. James' hospital to Mayor Square in 7 minutes in Thursday morning rush hour though. pretty pretty pretty good.

As for the lights, I may have taken miniscule liberties with regards crossing of junctions. st. James' hospital to Mayor Square in 7 minutes in Thursday morning rush hour though. pretty pretty pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

What is hourly rate for driving Luas ?

€17.50 per hour starting rate. Give or take a few cent.

€17.50 per hour starting rate. Give or take a few cent.

so you could spend 4 years in college, get a degree, spend another year doing a masters, another couple of years on a graduate or job bridge programme. a few years starting on minimum wage and the bottom of the ladder before spending 3-5 years working your way up to a luas drivers starting salary. The sense of entitlement on these assholes!

Transdev are implementing a breathalizing test for drivers next month. that should be fun! NO 53% increase and 2,500 bonus on the Dole lads!!!! hahahahahahaha pricks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

so you could spend 4 years in college, get a degree, spend another year doing a masters, another couple of years on a graduate or job bridge programme. a few years starting on minimum wage and the bottom of the ladder before spending 3-5 years working your way up to a luas drivers starting salary. The sense of entitlement on these assholes!

Transdev are implementing a breathalizing test for drivers next month. that should be fun! NO 53% increase and 2,500 bonus on the Dole lads!!!! hahahahahahaha pricks!

And then, if you've been taking care of business and managing your career, you get to keep on going up the pay ladder. If you want to skip the 3 - 5 years, by all means apply for a LUAS Driver job or similar, but it may not be in your best long term interests.

Ultimately I bid them well, they do an unforgiving public facing job to a high standard (though it's obviously less complex than Bus or heavy rail driving / operating). They feel the need to withdraw their labour in protest, and I respect any worker willing to take those measures - particularly when their employer is private sector. A race to the bottom helps no - one. If you are unhappy with your job, remuneration and terms either renegotiate with your employer or secure alternative employment. Sitting in a puddle of bitterness hoping everyone else gets dragged down a bit so you can feel better about your lot seems a poor approach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

this never happened.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement