Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shotgun substitution waiting time

Options
  • 24-04-2014 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I have applied for sub on a o/u from a semi auto , it has been away for 6 weeks now and I haven't got any word back as yet . I am wondering could it take much longer?
    When I first got licence for the semi it only took approx 2 weeks and much the same time for my rifle .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Polaxed wrote: »
    I have applied for sub on a o/u from a semi auto , it has been away for 6 weeks now and I haven't got any word back as yet . I am wondering could it take much longer?
    When I first got licence for the semi it only took approx 2 weeks and much the same time for my rifle .

Can legally take up to 12 weeks, its just sit and wait it out till then & hope meanwhile.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

It is meant to be done within 14 days (working i presume). It's a sub not a full application.

In the last couple i've done they have ranged from 2 weeks to nearly 2 months. It's down to the Super in my Local never being there. In the end one came back signed by an inspector from a different district.

So in short there is no telling. Ring the station and ask if you have not already done so.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I was under the impression that you always receive a letter from Superintendent, specifying the date by which you will receive a decision?
    And that 6 weeks is an unfeasibly length of time to have passed without receiving this letter?

Your application could be sitting under a pile of paperwork, and not even looked at, yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I have only received one of those letters once. You don't always get them. I have gotten them after the licence being granted though. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Beretta man

I would call and ask about it,I had to ring after 4 weeks for mine and turned out it was lost no sign of anything to do with it..
    Reapplied
    and had it within the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Polaxed

I would call and ask about it,I had to ring after 4 weeks for mine and turned out it was lost no sign of anything to do with it..
    Reapplied
    and had it within the week

I have already rang and inquired 2 weeks ago, thinking that would do the trick . Will have to call again but don't want to be to pushy.

Advertisement