Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards Better Body Super Challenge!

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

I lost 1lb (no Peter Kay jokes please) . Diet was interrupted with family occasion. Nothing to get in the way this week, so will expect a bigger result next Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Lost a pound this week, been tinkering around with how many calories I need a day to keep a 1 lb a week loss going and I think I have it cracked now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Neck - 38cm
    Chest - 91cm
    Bicep - 31cm
    Wrist - 19cm
    Waist - 81cm
    Hips - 84cm
    Top of legs - 55cm
    Knee - 44cm
    Calf - 36cm
    Body weight - 76.5kg
    Bodyfat - 17%

Just taken my measurements again for the first time since starting out two weeks ago... My original measurements are above!

Neck - 38cm
    Chest - 93cm
    Bicep - 32cm
    Wrist - 19cm
    Waist - 81cm
    Hips - 84cm
    Top of legs - 57cm
    Knee - 45cm
    Calf - 36cm
    Body weight - 76.7kg
    Bodyfat - can't measure at home!!

I'm happy with the results, seeing a small gain on my legs and its actually quite noticeable, same with bicep.

I can't measure my bodyfat at home properly, but I'm happy its going in the right direction!

Hopefully by the time I measure again I'll be up to 77/ 77.5 kg and I'll have an accurate body fat measurement!!

Food wise I've been pretty good, eating 3-4 protein based meals a day, 2 shakes and only snacking of berries and greek yogurt and the occasional square of dark chocolate! Onward and upwards! Keep going guys!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭rofno1

Hi all,

Sorry for the late start in logging.

Started 2 weeks ago & immediately struck down with heavy cold! Started at 198lbs & did only 2 days of exercise. Appetite was lost with cold though, so ying & yang & all that.

Anyway here are measurements from yesterday.

Neck - 16.5" 42cm
    Chest - 42" 107cm
    Wrist - 7" 17.5cm
    Waist - 36" 92cm
    Hips - 39" 99cm
    Body weight - 196lbs 89KG
    Bodyfat - 18-20% depending on calculators. I'll take 20%. I'm only looking for downward trend really.

Started paleo eating today, upping protein and reducing carbs for 6 week so it'll be interesting to see results. what I eat seems to be the main issue I have with leaning up.

Will be back next Monday for update.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Week 2 started brilliantly with a positive progress report after Week 1 and a great 43 minute run on Monday night.

And then on Tuesday it came crashing off the rails when I banjaxed my ankle less than half-way through soccer. That's still all yellow and purple after 6 days. :pac:

I went a bit mad on the beers on Saturday after the Munster match, but I still managed to drop almost half a kilo last week. Was supposed to play a soccer match yesterday, but that was cancelled at the last minute so I only got a warm-up done. That means only 2 decent work-outs in 7 days.

So last week is a write-off, and Week 2 begins again. Starting at 86.6 kg. Just did a 25 minute yoga work-out, and I'm going to do another 25 minutes now. Hopefully I'll be fit to start running again on Wednesday. Bring it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭holdfast

Still going here no real change in weight. Hip flexor is holding me back, need another a week to get it right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the blister I popped a week and a bit ago has become infected according to the doctor, been feverish and tired for the last while so done almost nothing. I've managed to stick to a healthy enough diet without over eating and I've gone out for a walk a couple of times the last week when I felt I had the energy, so hopefully I'm down an lb or two.

I genuinely had every intention of doing this challenge properly this time :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

the blister I popped a week and a bit ago has become infected according to the doctor, been feverish and tired for the last while so done almost nothing. I've managed to stick to a healthy enough diet without over eating and I've gone out for a walk a couple of times the last week when I felt I had the energy, so hopefully I'm down an lb or two.

I genuinely had every intention of doing this challenge properly this time :)

Ach it's bad luck! :(
    Get better and keep up with the diet sure.

My own diet hasn't been spot on at all. Stepped up the training though and loving it. No real change in measurements yet.

bluewolf wrote: »
    Ach it's bad luck! :(
    Get better and keep up with the diet sure.

My own diet hasn't been spot on at all. Stepped up the training though and loving it. No real change in measurements yet.

Weighed myself this morning and im down 4 lbs so thats a total of 5lbs gone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I am sporting an injury. Can barely walk, not to mind run. Diet has slipped a lot today (I'm very sympathetic of my own plight!), so I'll have to get that back on track!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

tumbleweed01.jpg

:pac:

Two weeks since any updates guys? How are things going?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I was doing great with the stepped up exercise and being careful but I've the flu now since last week so it's all gone a bit out the window :mad:

Hope everyone else is having better luck and kicking ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

bluewolf wrote: »
    I was doing great with the stepped up exercise and being careful but I've the flu now since last week so it's all gone a bit out the window :mad:

Nightmare :(

Goin ok here down a total of 7lbs now tho ive done something to my knee so no gym at all this week

Great stuff psycho hope, not so great for me. family weeding in UK and finishing my msc is killing my mojo for training. At least this time Monday the thesis will be gone to the printer and back to training then.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

Diet was not great but I upped the exercise which I am pleased about. Must do measurements and see if there is any changes :)

right so as promised here's my measurements and a pic
    all measurements are in cm
    chest :120
    waist :144
    hips:149
    upper arm :35
    thigh: 72
    09107A172E174584B82B7DDC09BE2F39-0000340542-0003526909-00500L-D4211051D56F4BF9BA968A80E19D204E.jpg

right so after 2 months my waist has droped to 140 cm and my hips are 145. Chest and upper arm have stayed the same and thigh is down to 70cm. Down 7lbs in weight even with a 2 week gap from the gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

I took a topless pic (i am male so dont get ur hopes up lads) in January. I have it in my fone. Il post before and afters at the end of the year.

Just had a look at them there. I was 74kg. 23.4% Body fat. I checked body fat % in March and was down to 17%. Fell off the wagon there for a few weeks, was studyig so had no time for the gymnasium.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Final 3 days!

I failed miserable with only 1.5kg loss. I only have excuses and fat now to look back on over the past eight weeks. Anyway insert something positive here....................

• Advertisement

7lbs loss for me over the 8 weeks not bad since ive been layed up the last 2 weeks with banjaked knee

Advertisement