Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards Better Body Super Challenge!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

holdfast wrote: »
    I would think the concept is its a personnel goal for everybody. With the benefit of support/advice from the group.

Could the mods make this a thread to start next Monday the 24th to run till Friday 23rd of May, please.

Good stuff, ready to go

You could just make a new thread with the new title and rules and link to the old one

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

echo!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

What's happening with the challenge? Is it starting tomorrow?

verywell wrote: »
    What's happening with the challenge? Is it starting tomorrow?

Well I am starting tomorrow and I think gizmo is too

We can just log here

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Stonypockets

I'm gonna start tomorrow too! :)

8 weeks of clean eating and working hard! Good luck to everyone else starting! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

Cool. I might be on here a bit trying to fight off the chocolate munch monster.

Best of luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I'm going to start tomorrow too... I'll see how it goes! My stumbling blocks will be bread and exercise, but at least I've identified my Achilles heal!!
    Good luck everyone!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

spose ill follow the herd as well

i had planned to do lots of walking but this blister on my foot is refusing to heal 3 weeks on, I guess I'll start some beginner bodyweight stuff I can do at home and work away at that for the next week or two

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Going to get in on this aswell, I'll have to read the rules a few times to get up to speed so bare with me but I'm all for getting active and getting the beach body out from under its winter coat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭holdfast

sorry bluewolf, ok I am going for it aswell. Goal 5kg less, pass fitness test in the next two months. weighted myself and ready.

• Advertisement

Have written measurements and taken pics that'll never see light of day;)
    Good luck and hard work all :D

where the hell do you buy dressmakers tape anyway, not that im expecting wicked mad gainz or anything but it'd be interesting to keep track

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

where the hell do you buy dressmakers tape anyway, not that im expecting wicked mad gainz or anything but it'd be interesting to keep track

Tesco should have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Or a sewing shop...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Took my measurements and more then happy to post here to get things going!

Neck - 38cm
    Chest - 91cm
    Bicep - 31cm
    Wrist - 19cm
    Waist - 81cm
    Hips - 84cm
    Top of legs - 55cm
    Knee - 44cm
    Calf - 36cm
    Body weight - 76.5kg
    Bodyfat - 17%

Are people posting photos as well as they go along?, or maybe a beginning and an end photo to compare!

64m8.jpg

How do these measurements sound, I did my best measuring them but if anything sounds completely off the wall I'll measure it again!! I don't think I have any off the wall features, I'm pretty proportional!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I'm doing this as well as it falls nicely with planned cut. Will throw up details later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I'm in :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Zamboni wrote: »
    If it is anything like last year you will have four or five pages of posters saying it's an awesome idea and then two or three posters actually bothering their hole to do it.
    :D

I'm probably going to fall away from this (or at least not follow it as strictly as I should :o ) but for now I'm going to say it is an awesome idea and I'm in. Measurements coming soon...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Neck - 39 cm
    Chest - 102 cm
    Bicep - 34cm (flexed)
    Wrist - 18cm
    Waist - 92cm (relaxed)
    Hips - 88cm
    Top of legs - 63 cm
    Knee - 46 cm
    Calf - 39 cm
    Body weight - 88.1 kg
    Bodyfat - ??? (Whatever it is, it's too damn high!)

I'm running a half marathon in six weeks so I'd say my weight will drop fairly quickly once I crack into training for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 X13

Excited for this! I've never managed to stick to any type of healthy lifestyle before but I feel this challenge will help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭holdfast

First session for a daily update of training follow the link http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89612751#post89612751

how did everyone else get on ?

will do fully measurement Wed morning

Good stuff! Maybe I should start a log there too

Mine went grand

Food was grand too, no real changes once I take out the coco pops ;)

I didn't do measurements so here's mine- waist 32", weight 82kg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Neck - 38cm
    Chest - 113cm
    Bicep - 37.5cm
    Wrist - 16.5cm
    Waist - 94cm
    Hips - 81cm
    Top of legs - 63cm
    Knee - 40cm
    Calf - 41cm
    Body weight - 87.5kg
    Bodyfat - 20~25%

Log Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

right sod it im in, ill do measurements and take a pic tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Not a great start, still in work....

still cant do much but i've been slathering my foot in coconut oil and the blister looks like it's just about healed so i'll hopefully be back out there soon

i've found over the last few weeks that I eat more when I can't get out and exercise. it's weird and it's irritating me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Unflattering Details:

Neck 17"
    Chest 42.5"
    Waist 41"
    Weight 15' 7"

Committed to a healthy eating programme (will post weekly progress) and a booze free period.

Goal ..to step on the weighing scales on Monday 26TH May and weigh 13' 13".
    I will do this !!!

Tough task, but I believe if I see 13 stone something on the weighing scales at the end of the challenge it will spur me on to keep going, plus exercising will become easier carrying less weight. Good luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Stonypockets

Ok - here are my measurements from Sunday!

Weight 64.7KG
    Hips 94cm
    Waist 80cm
    Chest 88cm
    Thigh 54.5cm
    Calf 36.5cm
    Bicep (relaxed) 28cm
    Body fat (fancy weighing scales) 29.3%
    Water 51.6%

Goals:
    1. Fit into last summers clothes
    2. Stop eating ****
    3. Generally see smaller measurements
    4. Weigh 60kg on May 19th!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Tesco
    Shop that sells curtains, duvets and bedding
    €2 euro bargain store

Ne'er a measuring tape available for purchase in West Dublin today :(

The search continues

• Advertisement

is there a handy guide to figure out where/how to measure yourself with the tape?

got the tape this afternoon and then realised I hadn't a clue what to do with it

Advertisement