Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards Better Body Super Challenge!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Order one on ebay That's where I got mine

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

is there a handy guide to figure out where/how to measure yourself with the tape?

got the tape this afternoon and then realised I hadn't a clue what to do with it

Put it... around you...?
    If you mean around which parts of which areas you can google it there's loads of diagrams and things
    As long as you're consistent it should be grand

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

bluewolf wrote: »
    Put it... around you...?
    If you mean around which parts of which areas you can google it there's loads of diagrams and things
    As long as you're consistent it should be grand

oh, glad I asked now. i was going to swallow it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

oh, glad I asked now. i was going to swallow it!

I read "how to measure yourself with the tape? got the tape this afternoon and then realised I hadn't a clue what to do with it" and was so confused why you were asking :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Tesco
    Shop that sells curtains, duvets and bedding
    €2 euro bargain store

Ne'er a measuring tape available for purchase in West Dublin today :(

The search continues

I got one in hickeys this afternoon

• Advertisement

right so as promised here's my measurements and a pic
    all measurements are in cm
    chest :120
    waist :144
    hips:149
    upper arm :35
    thigh: 72
    09107A172E174584B82B7DDC09BE2F39-0000340542-0003526909-00500L-D4211051D56F4BF9BA968A80E19D204E.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

My measurements are all done and noted. Will enter losses here as they come over the weeks.

Day 2 and still things are looking ok. Have stayed within calorie allowance which is good going for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I'm a little late in starting

Weight recorded just now
    Pics taken also just now
    Now away to fit a dressmakers tape, will try Hickeys

Been using myfitnesspal the last few days and logging everything :)

well i'm bowing out of this for the third year running. popped the big ass blister on my heel today so I'm not doing a thing until it heals. I might do a six week challenge then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 X13

well i'm bowing out of this for the third year running. popped the big ass blister on my heel today so I'm not doing a thing until it heals. I might do a six week challenge then.

Why not stick with it? You can still focus on the diet and nutrition side of the challenge despite not being able to exercise.

Best of luck either way!

• Advertisement

oh i've been eating healthy and avoiding sugar/alcohol and whatever for the past few months anyway. i was only using the challenge to push myself to walking and exercising more and seeing just how much I could lose in the two months. i'm not gona jump back into the arms of my takeaway delivery driver any time soon :)

Going well so far here too re joined the gym last night so heading back up again later. I usually weigh in on a friday so ill post up the result tommorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

For trackign purposes, weight at start of week was 85.8kg. Haven't been to the gym this week as I havent' got out of work before 12. Will do some combined sessions this weekend to the extent I am not in work.

so, went to bed last night with a big mess of dead skin on my heel that was completely gone when I woke up this morning. not sure where it's gone but I guess that means I can get out walking again so I'll start my 8 week challenge on monday, a week after everyone else.

You can do it o/

I only exercised 4 times this week. Wanted to go today but have to organise stuff before I go on hols tomorrow. Speaking of which, off boards I go :pac:

clutch your suitcase to your chest and run up/down the stairs at home ten times!

enjoy your holidays, don't forget to eat all the eclairs

Some how ive managed to put up half a pound so annoyed with myself :-( will have to start weighing everything i eat for a while to get my portions right

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Stonypockets

Changes in measurements since 22/3/14:

Weight 63.5kg (down 1.2kg)
    Hips 93.5cm (down 0.5cm)
    Waist 78.5cm (down 1.5cm)
    Chest 88.5cm (up 0.5cm)
    Thigh 53.5cm (down 1cm)
    Calf 35.5cm (down 1cm)
    Bicep (relaxed) 28cm (no change)
    Body fat 28.7% (down 0.6%)
    Water 52% (up 0.4%)

Training has been sporadic due to work commitments. My diet has been reasonably good - I have cut out all milk chocolate, sweets, biscuits etc., but I did succumb to a half square of 85% dark chocolate when cravings were awful!

Great end to week one!

so, went to bed last night with a big mess of dead skin on my heel that was completely gone when I woke up this morning. not sure where it's gone but I guess that means I can get out walking again so I'll start my 8 week challenge on monday, a week after everyone else.

I highly recommend the compeed blister plasters, particularly if you think it's related to footwear. I know they are expensive, but they have prevented manys a blister for me with crippling high heels! :)

Good luck!

I highly recommend the compeed blister plasters, particularly if you think it's related to footwear. I know they are expensive, but they have prevented manys a blister for me with crippling high heels! :)

Good luck!

i got them when I first noticed the blister making it painfuyl to walk but the damn thing was too big for the compeed to fit over.

• Advertisement

i got them when I first noticed the blister making it painfuyl to walk but the damn thing was too big for the compeed to fit over.

Wear them when your going out walking. They won't heal a blister, but they'll stop them before they start.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Gonna do this in reverse and see how fat I can get in the 8 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭holdfast

dude you are doing it right, what ever your goal is . that a boy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭holdfast

Down 1.3kg, great

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

up 200g :(

Excercise is lacking so am gonna make a big effort this week

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Successes:
    An File wrote: »
    Body weight - 88.1 kg

Down to 86.9 kg, but slightly dehydrated so may not be accurate.
    Exercised for at least 30 minutes 5 times (took Friday and Saturday off).
    Junk food/take-aways: Just the one. Supermacs snack-box on Tuesday. I ate feck-all else that day though, so I needed the fuel!

Faux pas:

Drank too much again. Probably closer to 20 units than 10. :o
    Chickened out of running on Friday. Must make up for that tonight.

Happy out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Is it too late to start this?
    I lost about 30lbs between May and September last year but then my final year of college got in the way and it was an easy excuse to sit on my àrse.

I still have a good bit to lose and could do with getting back into a good mindset, and this challenge would be great to get me going again.

I'll need to take my measurements later on so my 8 weeks will be from 1st April to the 20th May.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Is it too late to start this?
    I lost about 30lbs between May and September last year but then my final year of college got in the way and it was an easy excuse to sit on my àrse.

I still have a good bit to lose and could do with getting back into a good mindset, and this challenge would be great to get me going again.

I'll need to take my measurements later on so my 8 weeks will be from 1st April to the 20th May.

Get stuck in! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Had a family occasion, and then Mother's Day over the weekend. Both led to more treats than usual. Need to get my head back in the game! Going to take my measurements now. Just remembered I never did that last week!

• Advertisement

havent taken my measurements yet but I went for a 6k walk sunday, yesterday and am about to head out for one now. got a game of squash this evening too and then a 4k walk ahead of me. I'll try get the measurements done when I get back from my walk but i'm just lazy.

Advertisement