Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Game You've Ever Played?

Options
  • 10-02-2005 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Whats the worst game you have ever played?
    I'm sure we've all bought a game and realised it was the biggest waste of money.......
    or is that just me?

either way whats the biggest excuse for a game you've come across.... on any platform..

a few contenders.... godzilla on ps2 (o god that ones bad)
    chronicles of the sword on ps1.........

anyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

The Simpson's Wrestling on the good old ps1

thank **** i only rented it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

i bought that game......
    i think the most exciting part was opening the box.... then i played it and it sucked
    heres another crap game i have..... Actua Golf on ps1....

would you like to play again?
    you have selected no.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

The E.T. game on the gameboy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Unit00

I played afighting game called Rise of the Robots. Any platform I played it on it was terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Got a lend of Driv3er off a mate, played it for 5 mins and turned it off.
    Worst game I ever played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

The Steven Segal game on the Mega Drive. Can't find a relevent link, or even remember the full name of the game; but it's fookin awful!

or maybe Shaq Fu on the same console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Vanna Whites Wheel of Fortune on the SNES. It really doesn't get any worse than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Actually... just rememberd the Barbie games on either SNES or MegaDrive (got a big collection of roms from a friend). The game consisted of going for walks in the park and ****e like that. Far worse than you would think is possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Freelancer on the PC, DEAR GOD! I played it for 5 mins and threw it straight in the bin! I mean WTF! there is absolutly nothing to do in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

It's a toss up between swamp thing or pit fighter on the gameboy. nasty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Marts wrote:
    Freelancer on the PC, DEAR GOD! I played it for 5 mins and threw it straight in the bin! I mean WTF! there is absolutly nothing to do in it!
    eh?

there's a story mode, thousands of missions (which, admittedly, are all in the same vein), trading goods...
    took me about 40 hours of play to get bored of it :confused:
    a damn fine game imho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

uberpixie wrote:
    pit fighter.

I think we have ourselves a winner. Awful awful game on the SNES, I can only imagine how shocking it must have been on the gameboy!

Lord of the rings:return of the king
    Movie cash in crap,EA games-i should have known better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Pit Fighter was pretty awful but i still played it.
    Worst (absolutely!) game i played though has to be Daikatana. Especially after all the hype of 'the next biggest best game ever etc" that went on for the 2/3/10 years we were waiting for it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Marts wrote:

Cant agree - theres loads to do.

I agree with TMAN - best space sim so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

My vote goes to james pond: robocod on the c64, i nearly cried after the 30 minutes loading to be greeted by something so horrible, though to be completely honest i can't even remember the game itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

state of emergency!

Pile of **** really!Got bored in less than five minutes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

think ill agree with pit fighter!

jesus christ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

it would have to be the 'BreakOut' clone on this:

quickshot-supervision.jpg

I've played a lot of games with a lot of platforms (from the CBS colecovision when new in shops :eek: ) over a lot of years (since '82 or '83, can't remember) and trust me, it does not and absolutely cannot come any worse than this:
    zero control,
    p1ss-poor contrast,
    screen flickering (or is that fps issues :D ),
    glitches even in the ball animation,
    inconsistant scoring,
    etc,
    etc.

Absolute worst ever... ever-ever-ever-ever-ever-eeeeeeveeeuuuuur!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

ROFL i used to have the "super-vision", what a mighty console it was, i remember the pains id get in my hands for the way it had to be held and trying to us the fookin D-pad was an absolute nightmare!
    Apart from frame rate problems and other gaming glitches(which super vision should of brought out a patch :D ) i found that game quiet addictive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Night breed on the atari st was pants.
    strider 2 aswell, just so arse clenchingly difficult i think i ended up smashing the disk. I agree with state of emergency too, thats was bloody awful.
    Oni on the ps2 was pants, played it once, and it went straight back to the shop with it the next day :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

strider 2 aswell, just so arse clenchingly difficult i think i ended up smashing the disk

Pansy :) Like the new sig ;)

For me its Dark Castle on the Mega Drive. Its the only game I know of where you die from walking on small cracks in the ground. The stone throwing combat is dire as well. Back in the old days when EA made absolute dross (yes worse than now).

FFX-2: The only RPG I ever stopped playing because it was crap. I survived Legend of Dragoon but this was on another level.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 proevmaster

FIFA 2002.

When I played it first I thought it was alright but was disapointed that I lost intrest in it so quickly. So I picked up Pro Ev 1 (my first one) and didnt play anythig else for 2 months solid.

Weeks later I was lookin to trade in some of my games (I think it was for MGS2) and I came across FIFA. I played it once and was shocked at how poor it was compared to pro ev. Needles to say I havn't bought the game since.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 proevmaster

Retr0gamer wrote:
    FFX-2: The only RPG I ever stopped playing because it was crap. I survived Legend of Dragoon but this was on another level.

Is that really that bad? FFX was pretty good but I haven't had a chance to try X-2 yet

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

paperboy on the NES was God-awful also a boy and his blob on the gameboy.
    Recently "Fire warrior" on the PC; absolute tripe. I was playing the first 10 minutes with a half grin on my face thinking it was a joke. The second ten minutes my face gradually dropped. The third ten minutes (and the 6 months since) it has spent in my bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Marts wrote:

wow!
    i thought freelancer was a great game!

now X, that was boring, but far from the worst game i ever played.

i actually cant think of any games that were outstandingly bad, but there have been many disappointments like most of the lord of the rings games and star wars games. Blue shift for half Life 1 was really short and very disappointing.

of course, i could go all the way back to the zx spectrum for games, but i think thats a little unfair on a little 8bit machine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Master of Orion 3. Awesome buildup, sequel to one of the best games ever, my God was this a mind bendingly bad pile of ****e. AI that overrode all your decisions constantly, more spreadsheets than you could shake a stick at, and no aggression from the enemy whatsoever.

Utter crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Silent Hunter II.

Most.
    Boring.
    Game.
    Ever.

Despite everything, all the developments in PC technology, game design etc, this game is still completely overshadowed by the old Das Boot DOS game from 1992 (I think, it might've been '93).

Das Boot was one of the first games I ever played, and was brilliant. Endlessly replayable. All they had to do was make an up-to-date version of it, and they came out with the abomination that is SHII.

B*STARDS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

oh god, another one i forgot about was shadows of the empire on the n64. Brilliant opening level, then it all went to hell with level 2 and stayed there for the rest of the game. Such a disappointment :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭popey21

Marts wrote:

Freelancer is one of the best of its type, space sims or what ever . I thought it was very good.

The worst game or at leat most disapointing was The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall/Arena played it for about 5 mins ,couldnt change the controls and kept getting stuck in walls ,put it on a shelf it still there today to remind me to read reviews first

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement