Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does X hurt?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Same sentiment here too, myself and a friend both have our tongues done but had different healing experiences. My own didn't swell too much, I was eating solids 2 days later and the worst part of it was just getting used to having a metal bar in your mouth!! My friend though had an awful time, tongue swelled up for nearly 2 weeks, couldn't eat anything but soup etc, also speech was slightly impaired.

For both of us though, the actual piercing was fine, no real pain so I would say definitely do it, don't let the healing put you off, it's a great piercing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

shannie wrote: »
    Smart answers never tend to get people anywhere.. Just sayin'.
    Reading a thread generally does though...jus sayin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

This guy thinks they hurt :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

I wish that vid ended with him getting bitch slapped!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

That kid is so rude!!! And the artist either has the patience of a saint or is really enjoying inflicting pain on the little shit! Personally I hope its the latter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭shannie

dorgasm wrote: »
    Same sentiment here too, myself and a friend both have our tongues done but had different healing experiences. My own didn't swell too much, I was eating solids 2 days later and the worst part of it was just getting used to having a metal bar in your mouth!! My friend though had an awful time, tongue swelled up for nearly 2 weeks, couldn't eat anything but soup etc, also speech was slightly impaired.

For both of us though, the actual piercing was fine, no real pain so I would say definitely do it, don't let the healing put you off, it's a great piercing :)

did this last? like is she left with this speech impairment for life?

shannie wrote: »
    did this last? like is she left with this speech impairment for life?

The majority of the time it's the larger bar that causes the impediment, so once the smaller bar is put in, the speech problem goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 oh daphne

i read some of it but i was in a rush wen i wrote it!! just a sinple question..wanted to get different peoples opinions coz every1 i talk to has something different to say..
    so no need to be smart thanks arawn!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

He is such a pansy! I hope that artist was having a laugh tattooing him, I wouldn't have the patience!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

Just wondering people opinions on getting two tattoos in one day...both really small mean like one round 2euro coin size the other prob inch squared...one on my ankle...and one in as of yet unsure location...possibly back of neck/wrist/front of hip

I do already have a tattoo pretty small on back of my hip
    I handled the pain...not brilliantly but my friends escaped with all working fingers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

bradyle wrote: »
    Just wondering people opinions on getting two tattoos in one day...both really small mean like one round 2euro coin size the other prob inch squared...one on my ankle...and one in as of yet unsure location...possibly back of neck/wrist/front of hip

You'll be fine getting two small tattoos in the one day.
    Don't worry about it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I got two tattoos done last Friday. Wasn't any different to getting one done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

easier than one big sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

To be honest when getting multiple tattoos, or even tattoos of a larger than average size there are two factors to consider:
    1. Your stamina and threshold for pain, along with the impact of blood lost if you're a bleeder - no tattooist worth knowing would continue to tattoo someone after they pass out, and if you're tired/poorly nourished this could negatively affect the healing process.
    2. The tattooist's stamina - basically you don't want the later stuff looking pants because they were tired.

Other than that there's no problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭XenaLady

None of my tattoos ever hurt me, just got bored while waiting that its done. Ive got 5 piercings at my ears, not really painful but a bit uncomfortable a few days before it was healed.
    The experience of pain varies, thats true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

Reku wrote: »
    To be honest when getting multiple tattoos, or even tattoos of a larger than average size there are two factors to consider:
    1. Your stamina and threshold for pain, along with the impact of blood lost if you're a bleeder - no tattooist worth knowing would continue to tattoo someone after they pass out, and if you're tired/poorly nourished this could negatively affect the healing process.
    2. The tattooist's stamina - basically you don't want the later stuff looking pants because they were tired.

Other than that there's no problem with it.

Especially if it's really intricate they would get tired/fed up after a few hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

All piercings hurt but my conch piercings were particularly sore. A bitch to heal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭GoerGirl

Only have one tattoo, vertical down my spine with details coming off the spine towards the shoulders (hopin to add to it when got the dosh!). I did not feel pain at all - in fact it tickled at one point when he left the spine and I got a stern speaking to that I had to sit still!

The guy next to me was dying though...in same area of back...so it does depend (my artist says women generally have an easier time of it - though this is completely ancedotal!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

GoerGirl wrote: »
    Only have one tattoo, vertical down my spine with details coming off the spine towards the shoulders (hopin to add to it when got the dosh!). I did not feel pain at all - in fact it tickled at one point when he left the spine and I got a stern speaking to that I had to sit still!

The guy next to me was dying though...in same area of back...so it does depend (my artist says women generally have an easier time of it - though this is completely ancedotal!)

I found the one on my spine hard to bear, but i had that before i had babies..... :D:D I seem to have a better tolerance for pain now :D

Can't wait to see yours when you get it done GoerGirl ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 zkevinz2

tattoos hurt a small bit as it goes on so long, the pain is the boredom fo waiting while its being done, as ur sitting there for ages, ur skin just feels numb after like 10 mins so ur used to it . . . my first tattoo was half a sleeve tribal, yes i know i must of being drunk . . . haha nah not realli , i really wanted it done :)

• Advertisement

I always find the most painful part is when your ass starts to go numb :o:p

Well then stop covering it with EMLA...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 madwidow

note to self..., i'd take numb over the needle going just under the bum, back of the thigh, anyday :)

Well then stop covering it with EMLA...:rolleyes:

It's the chairssss :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

zkevinz2 wrote: »
    tattoos ur skin just feels numb after like 10 mins so ur used to it . . .
    I never get that. Feel every second of it!

I never get that. Feel every second of it!

Same here, it's more a case of I just get used to the pain so it's easier to ignore for a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Same here, it's more a case of I just get used to the pain so it's easier to ignore for a bit.

I'm the same, keep ignoring............. until i pull a whitey :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Worst thing is, feeling it constantly makes it harder not to tense up.
    But tensing up makes it hurt more. Catch 22!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I actually quite like the feeling, (wouldn't even call it pain), of getting a tattoo. Already can't wait for my 8 hour sitting next week. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

agreed. some bits hurt more than others for me, but generally i can stand it. with my skull and my foot though when the artist was a few hours in and starting with the white ink i was fit to die :(

Advertisement