Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Junior Rugby [Social Rugby] Season 2015/2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

And this is how this season's leagues will look.

6t3lZEc.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Crazy how Naas 2nds will be in the same division as some clubs 4ths/5ths. There will be weekends where AIL division 2 players will be playing against totally social players

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Crazy how Naas 2nds will be in the same division as some clubs 4ths/5ths. There will be weekends where AIL division 2 players will be playing against totally social players

Historically they've been far more seperated than sides at other clubs, not sure how it is over there currently.

Naas seconds play in metro 2, not 6 and the team in 6 is their thirds.

I think Skerries in div 4 are the lowest placed AIL seconds team.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Thanks I'll add the list to op

• Advertisement

gaius c wrote: »
    Naas seconds play in metro 2, not 6 and the team in 6 is their thirds.

I think Skerries in div 4 are the lowest placed AIL seconds team.
    tiredness on my part reading it earlier.....

Wonder will Ulster ever change to a system like this. Not needed in Connacht or Munster.

Games start next weekend in the more social divisions....

Wesley gone from division 10 and Belvo back into division 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Are the league tables online anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭RuckingSwimmer

shoutman wrote: »
    http://www.leinsterrugbydomestic.com/league/101733/division9 - drop down menu on adult men, fixtures/results, metro league...

Railway Union dropped out of Division 9

• Advertisement

All on the leinster website....
    That's the link to the domestic page look under fixtures/results and theyre all there
    http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/home.php#.VgU1KU3bLcs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Division 5

Division 6

Division 7

Division 8

Division 9

Division 10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

How many teams do Clondalkin have?

GiftofGab wrote: »
    How many teams do Clondalkin have?
    4. 2 in Leinster League and 2 in metro league

• Registered Users Posts: 8 macky4jd

Well lads, is it too late to get involved with a team for this year? I used to play a bit of rugby in school but I'd primarily be looking to play in order to increase my fitness ahead of the gaelic season next year. Would prob need to learn again how to tackle properly etc. I'm 27 so no spring chicken!! I live by the IFSC.... Any advice? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

macky4jd wrote: »
    Well lads, is it too late to get involved with a team for this year? I used to play a bit of rugby in school but I'd primarily be looking to play in order to increase my fitness ahead of the gaelic season next year. Would prob need to learn again how to tackle properly etc. I'm 27 so no spring chicken!! I live by the IFSC.... Any advice? Cheers

Absolutely not, season only started. However you might find you won't get much game time straight away as you'll re-learn the basics as you missed preseason. You'll still get stuck in on the fitness side of things tho!

Loads of options around you, Clontarf on the north side, trinity nearby, then loads just south of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Junior rugby season kicks off today but it's definitely not too late! Most clubs will cater for complete beginners so no worries there. I'm sure someone else will be better informed of the clubs in the area.

macky4jd wrote: »
    Never too late to join. Now is great time to start. Leagues have started and as youve played before it will help a lot
    Wouldnt worry about starting back up at 27. There's plenty whove started back older..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 macky4jd

Great advice guys, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6 murr15

Any clubs for a novice near rathmines?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Marys, Terenure, CYM, Tallaght off the top of my head

murr15 wrote: »
    Any clubs for a novice near rathmines?
    Marys/Terenure who both will have loads of sides in the very social leagues. CYM will have less teams and are a much smaller club. Your choice.... plenty of options.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭dropping_bombs

Any social/beginner teams in Galway city? Thanks.

Any social/beginner teams in Galway city? Thanks.
    Galwegians field 3 teams. Their thirds compete in division 1C(3) of the Connacht junior one league
    Corinthians field a thirds team that field in the Connacht Junior 2 league.
    NUIG also have a team in this junior 2 league and theyre side/club is open to all not just students.
    Im kind of involved in NUIG RFC. They train Tuesday and Thursdays in Dangan
    You can contact them here or email nuigrugby@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭dropping_bombs

Galwegians field 3 teams. Their thirds compete in division 1C(3) of the Connacht junior one league
    Corinthians field a thirds team that field in the Connacht Junior 2 league.
    NUIG also have a team in this junior 2 league and theyre side/club is open to all not just students.
    Im kind of involved in NUIG RFC. They train Tuesday and Thursdays in Dangan
    You can contact them here or email nuigrugby@gmail.com

Thanks for your reply. What kind of standard would the junior 2 teams be at do you know?

Thanks for your reply. What kind of standard would the junior 2 teams be at do you know?
    Can vary hugely. Too hard to say but would be beginner friendly for most part

So has the season started yet?

So has the season started yet?

Very quiet around here alright. My team hasn't had a game for a month now which is annoying.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Very quiet around here alright. My team hasn't had a game for a month now which is annoying.

How come? Walkovers?

• Advertisement

How come? Walkovers?

Nothing scheduled and a walkover this weekend. Actually it's been 3 weeks I think, I didn't play the last one.

Advertisement