Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

C'mon Konami, give me a release date. These videos are killing me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

EyeSight wrote: »
    I only played MGO for about an hour. Between the awful Konami ID(it was near impossible to register 1 and i believe you had to pay for more) and the laggy servers on launch, i just gave up.
    It had potential though

The registration literally took me weeks. A totally broken system. Once I got in it was the best online I had played. I was in the top 10 in Sneaking missions for ages. Loved that game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Timmyctc wrote: »
    The registration literally took me weeks. A totally broken system. Once I got in it was the best online I had played. I was in the top 10 in Sneaking missions for ages. Loved that game.

Was that the one were everyone started off invisible and the map would slowly shrink?

Loved that, scanning the ground looking for dust rising as someone made their move.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

For me I was still in the dial up days/ terrible broadband speeds so I could never really get a game going.

By the time I did I was surrounded by experts who were beating the crap out of me! :)

Man all this talk of MGO

I miss it :(

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Was that the one were everyone started off invisible and the map would slowly shrink?

Loved that, scanning the ground looking for dust rising as someone made their move.

No. Although that was a great game too. Sneaking Mission was where one player was snake and two teams battled to kill him 3 times first. If there were enough players one player could be the MK II as well. Snake had to get 3 -5 dogtags from unconcious players to win.

New 20 mins of English gameplay.Despite Having been a MGS man my whole life I think this one might be "too" kojima for me. A lot of things creeping into the latter iterations in the series that I really dislike. I'm sure most people will love it though. The aesthetics in the game are gonna be amazeballs.

Speaking of MGO. Check this out
    http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/sep/24/metal-gear-online-professional-hackers
    Metal Gear Online brought back to life by professional hackers
    Stealthy classic is back online despite having been retired by its publisher, thanks to security skills

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

CRAB BATTLE!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Metal Gear Online to be revealed December 5th of the VGA's.

I doubt Phantom Pain's release will get revealed too. Even doubt we'll see anything about Phantom Pain either.

• Advertisement

Metal Gear Online to be revealed December 5th of the VGA's.

I doubt Phantom Pain's release will get revealed too. Even doubt we'll see anything about Phantom Pain either.

But MGO and TPP are the same game?

tok9 wrote: »
    But MGO and TPP are the same game?

Yeah. Same game. MGO is just the online aspect to The Phantom Pain.
    But what I meant by my post is that it's doubtful we'll get the MGO reveal trailer AND a release date at the same time...

On that subject tho, this game must be coming out mid-2015.

Oh now I get you.

There were a load of rumours that it'd be coming out around March but I agree. Mid to Late 2015 looks more likely.

A summer with both Batman and MGS coming out would be pretty incredible when you compare it to the usual AAA droughts.

Well we have a release date - September 1st

http://jogos.uol.com.br/videos/assistir.htm?video=metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-04024E1B3168E4995326

Was hoping for a summer release but still cannot wait for the game.

For the last few months my money was on a June release like mgs4. But given the games size and budget I guess it makes more sense for them to release near Christmas.

Hopefully we're not going to get spoilers in the upcoming months. MGS5 has to hold a record for one of the longest announced and shown AAA games that hasn't revealed a lot of it's story, despite being first shown at The VGA's 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Would you really have to play the previous Gears to follow the latest one? I'm not sure my backlog can take it.

I reckon you actually could but there will be a load of references that you won't understand at all.

Tbh you could play all the games and still not know what was going on, such is kojimas will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I've played them all and don't really have a clue what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

I've played them all and don't really have a clue what's going on.

One word: "La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Quick question. I have a PS4 and a Vita. I haven't played any of the Metal Gears since Metal Gear 2. I see I can buy it and Metal Gear Snake Eater on the Vita.

Is that the best way for me to reintroduce myself to the series?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Good reddit article here on the story line if anyone's interested. Spoilers for all games so far I'm afraid

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/2050xm/metal_gear_the_complete_story/

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Tbh you could play all the games and still not know what was going on, such is kojimas will

This is true. I've played them all, and I often find myself scratching my head during the games, like.. am I supposed to know this person? Or what happened to them? Or that event?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

Is that September 1st release date official? Fcuk sake, a week before I start my new job.

Tried to check the link but the video wouldn't work.

Trying to avoid watching too many gameplay videos of TPP as I reckon it'll just be the same as GZ with some improvements, gadgets, set pieces etc and I'd rather be surprised when I find them haha.

Watched alot of fan videos speculating what might be going on with the plot too but it's impossible to second guess Kojima.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

If I was not going fully digital this gen, I would be tempted by the Collector's Edition.

B_QiQ-pVEAAZj84.jpg:large

Not for the arm, but for the making-of documentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Otacon wrote: »
    If I was not going fully digital this gen, I would be tempted by the Collector's Edition.

Not for the arm, but for the making-of documentary.

Yeah, the one that came with MGS2 was great, nice insights to design decisions and such.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Yeah, the one that came with MGS2 was great, nice insights to design decisions and such.

I thought the one that came with MGSIV was even better. It showed how much of a perfectionist Kojima is and how close to the wire it got for that team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Was there one for 4? Is it on the disc or come separately, checked my copy and no extra disc. Maybe was only certain versions.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Was there one for 4? Is it on the disc or come separately, checked my copy and no extra disc. Maybe was only certain versions.

Yes it came with the version that had the model of Old Snake with it. I think it was the Limited Edition.

• Advertisement

Personally I would go as far as to say that the making of mgs2 documentary was the best 'extra' I have ever gotten with a game. The documentary was just that good.

Actually it seems this youtube user has uploaded all of the making of mgs4 videos. https://www.youtube.com/user/hexen2k7
    That's my night sorted :p But did all versions of this documentary come with japanese audio?

Advertisement