Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ronan Mullen running for Europe

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Corkfeen wrote: »
    robindch wrote: »
    I'm all for him running for Europe as well, but only so long as he stays there when he reaches it.
    But Ireland is in Europe so if he came back,he'd still be in Europe so has technically stayed there.
    Well, technically, to reach Europe, he wouldn't have to leave Ireland either and I was hoping he might. Hence the joke.
    Not easy being a pedant.
    Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Ronan Mullen and Sean Sherlock remind of the little sh1ts in school who told teacher and shielded their work in case anyone wanted to copy them. Nasty piece of work both of them. I get angry thinking about them.

I'll just remind myself that Ireland thrashed Wales, and Liverpool made an absolute show of Arsenal. Ahhh, that's better. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Well, technically, to reach Europe, he wouldn't have to leave Ireland either and I was hoping he might. Hence the joke.Nope.

WELL, We should send him to the mainland!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Midlands-North-West is the entirety of Connacht; the three counties of Ulster; and seven counties of northern and western Leinster (Kildare, Laois, Longford, Louth, Meath, Offaly, Westmeath). So probably a quarter of voters are semi-Dubliners anyway.
    jank wrote: »
    Yes its diverse population which includes people like David Quinn, John Waters and Michael Nugent, which doesn't actually refute the point that the north-west of the country is the most 'backwards'...

Waters is from Roscommon.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

We should send him to the mainland!
    Oh christ, does that mean we should vote for him?

...quandry...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

...quandry...

That's how I always liked to view the situation of Nick Griffin being an MEP. I refuse to accept that anyone wants him as a representative.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Sarky wrote: »
    And that's what Mullen's will campaign for. Fun outlawed, women back in the kitchen/maternity ward, city councils to be turned into churches, and mandatory vomiting into your own face to get back to that good old Catholic shame.

It's not just Catholics who share his views, you'll find a fair percentage of older members of the CofI taking a similar position on lots of issues. I know quite a few of those who attend the same church as my mother would regard him as a "good lad standing up for Christian values"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

...quandry...

Nah, we just invest in a very big cannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

I for one welcome the opportunity to give this nasty piece of work my last preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Backwards as in rural or backwards as in they probably share 98% of the same value and characteristics of the Übermensch of D4 and the like. Not like Dublin haven't had their own 'backwardness' to contend with. CJH, Bertie, Liam Lawlor among others, all born and breed within the M50 and voted into office by the same populace…. Just saying.

Dublin has seen the error of its ways and purged itself of FF TDs, the rest of the country has some catching up to do, as usual.

About a third of folk in Dublin voted agin divorce

Yeah, but most of them are probably dead by now.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

goose2005 wrote: »

Waters is from Roscommon.

Yes, but living in Dublin. Should we stereotype all Dubs because of him?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Yes, but living in Dublin. Should we stereotype all Dubs because of him?

Yawwwnn. /rubs face

Its midlands-north-west now after the constituency revisions.

Cavan, Donegal, Galway, Kildare, Laois, Leitrim, Longford, Louth, Mayo, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Roscommon, Sligo and Westmeath

I struggle to see him repeating Dana's success of 1999.

If Dana stands they would be fighting for the same votes.

Marian Harkin as an independent is in the liberal grouping in the parliament.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Feck, I'm in Meath and I go to uni in Maynooth in Kildare. I'm willing to bet his face will be all over the seminary in Maynooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Feck, I'm in Meath and I go to uni in Maynooth in Kildare. I'm willing to bet his face will be all over the seminary in Maynooth.

Hey look on the bright side it'll alienate even more seminary students from the rcc. They'll all be thinking "oh ****, what have we got ourselves in for?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Banbh

it'll alienate even more seminary students
    Both of them?

TBH, if you've committed yourself to a seminary...you're probably going to vote for Mullen. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

I cannot wait till he tries to campaign near me, better start training the dog again

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

wprathead wrote: »
    He is running in my constituency.. oh pleaaaaaaaase let some of his campaigners call to my house.. oh please please please!!
    I doubt they will. It's 15 counties. There is absolutely no way they have resources to do house to house calls.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Well, if the Church can fill busloads of pensioners from the arse-end of Kerry to bring them to a pro-life rally in Dublin...I wouldn't be surprised to see the briefcase wanker's supporters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

and Liverpool made an absolute show of Arsenal. Ahhh, that's better. :)

Proof once and for all that there is no god.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I doubt they will. It's 15 counties. There is absolutely no way they have resources to do house to house calls.

but I said "please" 4 times in my post :(:(:(

Posters going up in Galway

His website doesn't mention the word Catholic as far as I can see.
    http://www.ronanmullen.ie/seanad/
    It also doesn't mention that he is on the board of catholiccomment.ie
    Catholic Comment has been formed to prepare a team of lay people to speak confidently and clearly about the Catholic faith in the media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

His website doesn't mention the word Catholic as far as I can see.
    http://www.ronanmullen.ie/seanad/
    It also doesn't mention that he is on the board of catholiccomment.ie

CEIST is the trust fund in which the Sisters of Mercy put over €400 Million worth of property, while refusing to pay any more compo over to the Government.

I see it will have charity status. Sooner or later we have to tackle this scam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Is it just me or does Ronan look like BIFFO after shedding a couple of hundred pounds?

I have to apologise to Senator Mullen - the posters weren't election posters at all!
    He was on the local wireless this morning in his capacity as Senator rather than as a candidate for election and it seems the posters were advertising an event hosted by himself and were not as I thought election posters. I will try and grab a photo before they are taken down now that the event has taken place.

Another local Senator has posters up advertising a seminar about internet safety for parents. Both senators are barristers.

There are Mullen election posters up along the Galway - Clarinbridge road and also election posters for that Labour woman whose name escapes me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement