Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

VinLieger wrote: »
    Not a fan of multiplayer/co-op?

I wouldnt be myself too, I love single player games and the narrative and to put it frankly my opinion of most online MP communities is very very low so I would have no confidence in them not ruining my single player experience if they tend to not even be able play non story driven MP experiences as intended.

Thoughts of playing a moody tense story ruined by some dope 360 spin shooting l33t skilz Xxx through my story mode gives me the shudders.

In saying that they hardly ship this game as some weird MMO so I imagine its something you can turn on and off otherwise they would be completely cutting out those who dont play online. I imagine its the same system as test drive where you have a single player game to progress through but set in the same world as others playing their single player game, again, that could be turned off also.

any time I've tried they spend the entire time ****ing about trying to get you killed instead of trying to complete objectives.

Same here, I mean take battle field as an example. That game is very team focused and you need everyone to work together and if your on a team where everyone wants to do their own thing you just end up having the worst time.

Most online communities in my experience are filled with teenagers and their leet speak xXX Sn1p3z Xx gamertags who cant seem to play a game as intended and insist on trolling or glitching at almost everything. its prob just the age they are at wherethey feel the need to break things or make it their own as best they can and simply dont give a flying one about the others relying on them. Introducing a demographic and element like that to what could be a great single player expericnce woudl ruin it. As you said hopefully it will use a dark souls like model and they are trying to play it up as more of a feature impact than it actually will be in the end product

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Are you playing on XBox? If so, there's your problem. Almost never get any of that nonsense PC and especially not on the Irish based BF3 servers, always a good bit of craic slagging each other off (never anything even remotely approaching abuse) if you're in on the TeamSpeak and people only like to play as squads/teams.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Are you playing on XBox? If so, there's your problem. Almost never get any of that nonsense PC and especially not on the Irish based BF3 servers, always a good bit of craic slagging each other off (never anything even remotely approaching abuse) if you're in on the TeamSpeak and people only like to play as squads/teams.

Yeah, Im on xbox and tbh after E3 Im looking at other options.
    PC seems to be the last true gaming platform but the notion of spending around 1500eur on a halfway decent rig is daunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

hightower1 wrote: »
    Yeah, Im on xbox and tbh after E3 Im looking at other options.
    PC seems to be the last true gaming platform but the notion of spending around 1500eur on a halfway decent rig is daunting.

..and unfounded :) half that will get you a good one

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah have a quick browse through the pc building forum
    ther'es loads of "have X money want to buy gaming pc" and just have a look at the various things people suggest

it's possible to build a good machine on a budget, it wont be the best of the best.. but you wont need that to (1) play great games and (2) have them look better than consoles

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's been a *very* long time since a gaming PC cost anything even remotely close to €1500 my good man (but if you had that sort of money, oh my...). €700-€800 will get you a *lot* of machine and the guys on the PC Building forum as Sir Digsby has said will be very quick to help out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

http://kotaku.com/5922204/watch-dogs-alternate-reality-game-accidentally-gives-users-a-reason-to-worry-about-their-real-world-privacy

Anyone who signed up to Ubisofts site for the game recently got an email with some in-game fiction about the demo, and this email sadly included all the email address of those who signed up among the cc addresses.

If you got an email from dotconnexion@gmail.com you're going to be rather pissed off at Ubi.

http://dotconnexion.ubi.com/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 jate3d9u1qxmwc

Looks sooo good it's like the modern day assassins creed hacking people's phones and then killing them or ruining their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Searched Boards but couldn't find a thread for it.

Anyway new trailer today and it's out November 22nd (Not sure if this was confirmed before).

Have to say this looks a lot more interesting than GTA5 to me so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I set up a thread but it looks like it got deleted? What's the craic mods?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I've been dying to play this since I seen the first trailer for it. A lot of inspiration taken from the TV show Person of Interest which isn't a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I'm looking forward to this one, especially seeing as it doesn't look like we'll be getting The Outsider. Also, am a fan of Person of Interest, and as said, they share a certain likeness.

Keno 92 wrote: »

Was certain I'd seen a thread before too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Boards.ie viral campaign to demonstrate the power of the protagonist in Watch Dogs? :pac:

If the game is how they show it to be in the trailers, and if the in-game demonstration we saw at the PS4 announcement is 'free flowing, non-scripted' action, then I want this A LOT. Interesting concept and UbiSoft do some great stories.

Looking forward to more!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The thread is here.

Use Google to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Falthyron wrote: »
    Boards.ie viral campaign to demonstrate the power of the protagonist in Watch Dogs? :pac:

If the game is how they show it to be in the trailers, and if the in-game demonstration we saw at the PS4 announcement is 'free flowing, non-scripted' action, then I want this A LOT. Interesting concept and UbiSoft do some great stories.

Looking forward to more!

id say it was scripted heavily
    most games would be even if their a free flow type of game on release because ubisoft nor do any other company want to mess up during a presentation of their game :P
    but still looks awesome

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*wets self*

Hurry up November!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

The thread is here.

Use Google to find it.

Apologies mods.

*Tips hat*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

30 minute preview video showing gameplay from next gen system. Infiltrate 'enemy camps' like far cry 3, SOLD!!

It'll probably be the first game I pick up for next gen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Here's the same video sheehy posted, but without the pausing/commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Good lord I cannot wait for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

that just made my wishlist :) nice one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

sheehy83 wrote: »
    30 minute preview video showing gameplay from next gen system. Infiltrate 'enemy camps' like far cry 3, SOLD!!

It's not showing gameplay from a next gen system it's a PC with an xbox controller plugged in.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

lol at the people on YT already starting flamewars when it wasn't even PS4 gameplay they were watching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

lol at the people on YT already starting flamewars when it wasn't even PS4 gameplay they were watching

That's typical Youtube comments for you.
    However you would think that the likes of CVG would refrain from putting PS4 gameplay in the title when the video does not contain any PS4 gameplay. I'm not sure if it's a genuine mistake or them trying to get extra views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

tuxy wrote: »
    That's typical Youtube comments for you.
    However you would think that the likes of CVG would refrain from putting PS4 gameplay in the title when the video does not contain any PS4 gameplay. I'm not sure if it's a genuine mistake or them trying to get extra views.

Yeah, it's silly all round. It's running on a PC that's supposed to be "similarly specced" to a PS4 so that they can show what it might look like...... Um, okay :-|

• Advertisement

Does it really matter though?

Any game preview is played on a PC.

It's running on specs that are very close to the ps4 capabilities so I don't really see why it matters at all.

Advertisement