Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ronan Mullen running for Europe

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Yes, actually from reading the thread I got the impression that Ronan Mullen was going to be the only person reported, which I didn't think was entirely fair seeing as others have posters up around aswell. I see now though that I got the wrong impression and that people are talking about reporting all the politicians involved.

In fairness to you assuming that, my annoyance about the posters was increased 10 fold by the fact that I can't abide the bloated weasel who is Ronan Mullen. However, in the interest of fairness I did look around for other politicians and found one. One other, with one poster. Probably legal, since she would have had to ask the owners of the house that the railings belonged to, but I mentioned her to yer man anyway....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Yes, actually from reading the thread I got the impression that Ronan Mullen was going to be the only person reported, which I didn't think was entirely fair seeing as others have posters up around aswell. I see now though that I got the wrong impression and that people are talking about reporting all the politicians involved.

This thread is about Ronan Mullen's, of course he's going to be mentioned more then anyone else
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Ronan Mullen is not the only politician in the Midlands/North-West area that has such posters up at the moment advertising public meetings, as has been mentioned already in this thread. Will you be complaining about those posters too? If not then I think this is extremely petty.

If you disagree with his stance on certain issues debate with him or his campaigners and don't vote for him. Calling up the council and trying to him fined , when other politicians have done the same thing, just because you don't agree with him doesn't seem to me like the adult way of showing your disagreement of his views.

.....given that the nature of the vile creature and the actions of his fellow travellers and associates, it strikes me that the phrase "alls fair in love and war" apply here. Not that its love.

Isn't serving their time punishment enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Banbh

My interest is in stopping Ronan Mullen getting elected and will use every opportunity to thwart him and the sinister cartel that back him - just as they do to my civil liberties.

Banbh wrote: »
    My interest is in stopping Ronan Mullen getting elected and will use every opportunity to thwart him and the sinister cartel that back him - just as they do to my civil liberties.

Yep. They've certainly no notion of "fair play" or a level playing field. It's his ilk that have the censorship board being called to "review" Alan Shatters book, for fecks sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Nodin wrote: »
    Yep. They've certainly no notion of "fair play" or a level playing field.

Certainly not in relation to their secretive funding, in the past they have been more than willing to use funding from US conservatives to illegally subvert the political process in this country. We're still stuck with the 8th amendment, 30 years on, and it'll probably last another 30 :mad:

It's his ilk that have the censorship board being called to "review" Alan Shatters book, for fecks sake.

Pretty sure that's a Poe-like incident. There's nothing like forcing the minister to reconvene a panel he and pretty much everyone else had hoped had gone away forever, to review a book - the minister's own book - to highlight how ridiculous and wrong state censorship is. He did shift the responsibility onto the Department of Arts - conflict of interest - but surely it's also a conflict of interest for that department to promote and censor the arts at the same time.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

No matter the message I'd personally ring up and complain any politician who did something illegal. They're not above the law, any of them, no matter how much they think they are.

But there is something especially odious about the likes of that stunted (both mentally and phisically) little muppet. If I were in charge, he'd have a special exception written into my freedom of speech law.

There is a little dictator in every left winger I suppose, which is ironic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Do you actually have something to add beyond fist-shaking?

• Advertisement

No but he has perfected the art of flying just below MOD radar.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Do you actually have something to add beyond fist-shaking?

What? Join in with the group fist shaking instead? Oh ok. Yes, the man is vermin, scum, pond life, an odious little creature who I hope dies roaring and because of his personal beliefs I think all rights should be stripped from him so he can be humiliated tortured and hung in front of a happy crowd in Eyre square…
    That better, because that is what you want to hear right?

I could go an tell you that I disagree with the man on many things but would not describe him (or indeed anyone) as a 'creature' whom we should perform some extrajudicial process. But that would be boring now wouldn't it not really what this thread is about.

*group hug, I have pitch forks to sell*

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

jank wrote: »
    What? Join in with the group fist shaking instead? Oh ok. Yes, the man is vermin, scum, pond life, an odious little creature who I hope dies roaring and because of his personal beliefs I think all rights should be stripped from him so he can be humiliated tortured and hung in front of a happy crowd in Eyre square…
    That better, because that is what you want to hear right?

I could go an tell you that I disagree with the man on many things but would not describe him (or indeed anyone) as a 'creature' whom we should perform some extrajudicial process. But that would be boring now wouldn't it not really what this thread is about.

*group hug, I have pitch forks to sell*

If you want to make a constructive criticism make one. If you want to just spout vile underhanded remarks and vacuous horsh1t, then don't. Most places on this site won't tolerate that and A&A is probably the most lenient forum going!The longevity you have on this forum will depend on whether you choose to snidely tell them they're all group hugging back slapping asshats or b) you actually put forward coherent constructive rhetoric explaining your disagreements on the points not the posters.

Eh, that 'vile vacuous horse****' was made in jest and satire. I would have thought my post made that clear, no?
    Saying that, I would have thought it was acceptable to describe him as a 'creature' or 'physically impaired/stunted' as other posters have done so without infractions in this very thread.

I was responding to the poster who asked a question and I gave a valid answer imo. If my post was along the lines of 'Oh isn't he terrible' then it wouldn't have drawn attention. Instead I pointed out the irony that people who claim to be liberal would in a heart beat take rights that are bestowed on all people away to a select few people whom they disagree with on moral, social and political issues. This was viewed as just 'fist waving' without actually addressing my key point (hence why I drew attention to the 'group fist waving'). Again I thought my intial point was very clear and succinct. I am up to debating that point with you or anyone for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Banbh

Jank: There is a little dictator in every left winger I suppose, which is ironic.
    I presume this was also sarcasm and that you are not that ignorant of Senator Mullen's place on the left/right axis.

jank wrote: »
    because of his personal beliefs

If his beliefs were personal then nobody could really take issue with them.

He wants to inflict the rules and 'values' of his odious religion on everyone though, so why shouldn't we object strongly? I've no desire to have Ireland dragged back any closer to the 1950s thank you, there are too many remnants of that time still hanging around actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

Mr Mullen's ads appear every time I log on to face book currently.

Does anyone know whether he just got charged the first time I clicked or is it every time?

Logging into faece book - that's where you're going wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

All the cool people are on friendface these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Jernal wrote: »
    All the cool people are on friendface these days.

So that's why my myface page is so quiet these days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Ronan Mullen is an "independent" candidate in name only. Perhaps "pious puppet" is a better term?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Ronan Mullen is an "independent" candidate in name only. Perhaps "pious puppet" is a better term?
    Mullen about as independent as the hundreds of little green tourists in Eastern Ukraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the image is likley to get him more votes not less

I wish we had candidates modelled after the other Inbetweeners, I'd vote for Jay :)

He's at 3%, according to the Indo.
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sf-on-course-for-euro-election-victories-but-fgs-kelly-faces-defeat-30219993.html

Would it be possible to use tactical voting to ensure he finishes behind Ben Gilroy, I wonder.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭zoomaway

Oh I just saw this thread now didn't know he was running for Europe. His views are nauseating, who would really vote for him. Big thumbs down.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Mr_A wrote: »
    Mr Mullen's ads appear every time I log on to face book currently.

Does anyone know whether he just got charged the first time I clicked or is it every time?

As far as I remember, Facebook adds are charged by impressions (ie: how often they are seen in people's news feeds) as opposed to clicks.

• Advertisement

Nodin wrote: »
    He's at 3%, according to the Indo.
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sf-on-course-for-euro-election-victories-but-fgs-kelly-faces-defeat-30219993.html

Would it be possible to use tactical voting to ensure he finishes behind Ben Gilroy, I wonder.....

Thanks for the idea, this will be the first EU/local (can't really be bothered with the latter) elections that I'll vote in.

As an aside, I wonder why Ben of the Clan Giolla Rua (sounds kinda like Game of Thrones mixed with Gaelic history, don't you think?) is going for the European Parliament anyway.

Advertisement