Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

Mr FelineOverLord made a classic school boy error this morning. My hairdresser also cuts his hair and after his haircut he proceeded to tell me that she's lost weight, and was wearing a very 'sheer' dress.:rolleyes: Never, never, EVER tell your spouse that someone younger and slimmer than they are is looking very well, it just doesn't end well.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Mr FelineOverLord made a classic school boy error this morning. My hairdresser also cuts his hair and after his haircut he proceeded to tell me that she's lost weight, and was wearing a very 'sheer' dress.:rolleyes: Never, never, EVER tell your spouse that someone younger and slimmer than they are is looking very well, it just doesn't end well.:D
    The full moon is playing havoc with people at the moment FOL..You wouldnt believe what Ive put up with in work this week..people dont know their own names and forget about asking them for their phone number :rolleyes: Bearing this in mind you could forgive hubby his error...personally I wouldnt,make him suffer:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Colser wrote: »
    The full moon is playing havoc with people at the moment FOL..You wouldnt believe what Ive put up with in work this week..people dont know their own names and forget about asking them for their phone number :rolleyes: Bearing this in mind you could forgive hubby his error...personally I wouldnt,make him suffer:D

My poor long suffering wife would concur. Worst are the 'Do you think she has had a boob job?' statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Menas wrote: »
    My poor long suffering wife would concur. Worst are the 'Do you think she has had a boob job?' statements.
    :eek:You should just look in disgust and say "Ah Jesus theyre waaaay too big"Come on Menas youre a married man you should know these things. Very TAing to be honest:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

When someone says "Awesome". And they are Irish. (oops)

Come on... it's brilliant, magic, mad, whatever, but NEVER awesome.

Too much watching US stuff I suppose. But come on, we are who we are, let's not dilute it with AWESOMENESS..

Get's me right TA'd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

My place of work is advertising heavily at the moment and it's wrecking my Friday buzz. Have seen the ad about 5 times since I switched on the telly a couple hours ago.

Out of sight out of mind is just not possible! !

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Someone I know just posted 10 near identical photos of a fountain on snapchat. It's obviously not that impressive if you have time to take loads of pictures of it. :rolleyes:

What on Earth is TA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

My lab partner thinking she's my wife and giving out to me for checking out a girls ass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

steddyeddy wrote: »
    My lab partner thinking she's my wife and giving out to me for checking out a girls ass!

Have you heard of Sir Tim Hunt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

What on Earth is TA?

Trivial annoyance/trivially annoyed

galljga1 wrote: »
    Have you heard of Sir Tim Hunt?

Ah so I'm not allowed to find women attractive anymore.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Ah so I'm not allowed to find women attractive anymore.

Not under laboratory conditions.

galljga1 wrote: »
    Not under laboratory conditions.

Nah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Verified by Visa when your paying online

When you choose a cafe based on excellent reviews and it turns out to be crap. We had breakfast yesterday in a cafe that had great reviews and I was disgusted by the place. No light and fluffy scrambled egg for me, oh no. What I got was a puddle of half raw slop on a plate, 2 bog standard frozen veggie sausages that are available from any supermarket and a half cooked tomato that had been doused in ground black pepper in an attempt to disguise the fact that it wasn't cooked properly. I don't even like black pepper. Mr FOL's toast was so undercooked that it turned to mush when buttered. FFS, what kind of incompetent twat can't cook something as basic as egg, tomato and toast:confused::mad:

I was all set to complain as we'd left most of it on the plate, there was no way I was eating that egg, but some wan' had her kids running around the place and I'd already had one of them bump me in the abdomen. Plus I was still peeved at my husband over his tactless earlier comment.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Getting ready to leave the country in a few hours, severely ticked off that I never made that list of things I need to remember last time that I always swear I'm going to make.

Am I going to make it this time? Feck no, I'm busy packing. Sure I'll remember it all next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

When you're walking down a road, approaching a junction and a car is coming and indicating to turn. You stop walking so they can make the turn, and they stop (to let you cross the junction). I stopped so you don't have to. Worse when they do it on a main road. Grrrr.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Smug tossers from school/college who married early in life and are now separated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

fiachr_a wrote: »
    Smug tossers from school/college who married early in life and are now separated.

Eh how does that annoy you? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People with double-barrelled names.

A few girls who I went to school with are now married and a few days after the wedding they changed their names on Facebook.

Out of 8 of them who were married, 6 now have double-barrelled names.
    So instead of it being (e.g) "Lisa Smith", it's now "Lisa Smith-Murphy" or instead of it being "Ciara Ryan" it's now "Ciara Ryan-King".

Feck off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Must have been mentioned before. People who pull into a petrol station and park at a pump and then get out, don't get petrol and saunter off into the shop for whatever. Especially worse when its a garage with a big forecourt where there's plenty of parking away from the pumps. ****.

People putting chopped onions in the fridge.
    It doesn't matter how tightly-sealed the container is, don't put onions in the fridge.
    Bloody stinks.
    And now my jelly smells of onions. Bang goes dessert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

fussyonion wrote: »

A few girls who I went to school with are now married and a few days after the wedding they changed their names on Facebook.

So instead of it being (e.g) "Lisa Smith", it's now "Lisa Smith-Murphy" or instead of it being "Ciara Ryan" it's now "Ciara Ryan-King".

Feck off.

My wife has her name double-barrelled on social media, and I initially passed it off as pretentiousness, but that didn't make any sense as my wife isn't the pretentious type, so curiosity getting the better of me I asked what's the deal with that?

"It makes it easier for my friends to find me on Facebook"

I was sorry I asked :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

It doesn't matter how tightly-sealed the container is, don't put onions in the fridge.
    Bloody stinks.

Perhaps you should have been more fussy about not storing a chopped onion in the fridge. ;)

I had to do it.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Bloody computer speakers are crackling, really irritating. Plugging them out and back in isn't working.

Bloody stinks.

Do people sneak into your house to do this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭Rym Shanley

Being asked "where are the eggs / bread / coffee etc"? when I'm in a supermarket - just because I'm wearing a shirt and tie.

Being asked "where are the eggs / bread / coffee etc"? when I'm in a supermarket - just because I'm wearing a shirt and tie.

Just tell them to "fcuk off, I'm on my break". See what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,032 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The over analysis of sport on TV.

We have at least 30min before the game, then hour afterwards (you can double these figures for sky's super Sundays).

And when it all boils down to it, most is irrelevant as humans make mistakes and don't always play well, that's the nature of sport on all levels, it happens to even plebs like me and you. Sometimes I can play a great game if footy, score with every shot, other days couldn't hit a barn door. It's the way it is.

So why analysis every single goal and say this guy should have done this or that. If they all did as the analysts said, games would be nil nil as there wouldnever be a mistake.

Latest example, the great Paul O'Connell talking after today's defeat to Wales, saying we didn't execute as we would have liked to. So why didn't they? Simple, because you can't always perform to the highest level no matter how much you plan or try to.

You beat Wales one week, lose to them the next, that's sport, because one team can be great one week and not so great the next

Man of the match being decided before the game finishes.

Why not wait until after?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

My children are awake an hr at this stage. So tired...

Samsgirl wrote: »
    My children are awake an hr at this stage. So tired...

I was awoken at 6:45 this morning by a teddy to the face...15 minutes later than usual. I feel lucky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Feck off.

I'm not a fan of double-barrelled names but I'd forgive females having their maiden name and their married names on Facebook for the reason that it's easier for people to find them, so long as there's no hyphen. Using your example, Ciara Ryan-King=bad, Ciara Ryan King=good.

The double-barrelled name shouldn't be used in the real world. I worked with a lad who added his wife's surname to his own. :confused:

I don't know why, but for some reason whenever I'm walking around in a hospital people just assume I'm a doctor, maybe it's my resting bitch face.:D

• Advertisement

OK, I need a bit of a vent. People who disturb your sleep on a Sundays morning, yes SKY, I know we're having an engineer come out on Wednesday, but there really is no need to text me at 8am on a Sunday morning to remind me of that.

I thought that was bad enough, only for fookwit and friends to arrive back at 9.30am pilled up from wherever they were last night. 2 fooking car loads of the pilled up bastards and I can hear them babbling away so fast they sound like horse racing commentators. Those idiots need a big mug of go the fook home to your parents house and sleep it off. Now where did I leave that AK47?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I'm annoyed that I seem to have lost my ability to be annoyed by trivial things. I feel like I've lost my ranting mojo!

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I'm annoyed that I seem to have lost my ability to be annoyed by trivial things. I feel like I've lost my ranting mojo!

Over to the trivial things that make you happy thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

I'm not a fan of double-barrelled names but I'd forgive females having their maiden name and their married names on Facebook for the reason that it's easier for people to find them, so long as there's no hyphen. Using your example, Ciara Ryan-King=bad, Ciara Ryan King=good.

The double-barrelled name shouldn't be used in the real world. I worked with a lad who added his wife's surname to his own. :confused:

I have a double barrelled surname because my mother didn't change her name when she got married. I don't see why a guy wouldn't take his wife's name???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Rosie Rant wrote:

This happened to me last week! Enjoy it while it lasts because it doesn't last long :(

• Advertisement

OK, I need a bit of a vent. People who disturb your sleep on a Sundays morning, yes SKY, I know we're having an engineer come out on Wednesday, but there really is no need to text me at 8am on a Sunday morning to remind me of that.

That never happens to me because I turn off my mobile phone when I go to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,032 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Agree about the double barrelled names.

They sound particularly bad when the 2 surnames are a Mc, an O or similar.

And then some folk have a double barrelled first name too.

What about Marie-Loiuse O'Doherty - Mc Laughlin.

Why is it that whenever you're in a rush, the time flies by, but when you're not going anywhere, time stands still?!

I'm going out soon and my wet hair is still in a towel, I haven't a scrap of make-up on, I haven't eaten and I have no idea what I'm wearing.
    I'm meant to be leaving the house in an hour!

Seeing the first signs of Christmas in the supermarkets. Last week the tins of biscuits appeared on display this week the snazzy coffee machines are sitting on the top shelves. It's still August, only just, but still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭somuj

Why is it that whenever you're in a rush, the time flies by, but when you're not going anywhere, time stands still?!

I'm going out soon and my wet hair is still in a towel, I haven't a scrap of make-up on, I haven't eaten and I have no idea what I'm wearing.
    I'm meant to be leaving the house in an hour!

Relativity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

trivially annoyed that I forget my TAs as soon as I log into Boards.

Have a long list of them mounting up during the day, but as soon Boards.ie is in address bar it is a "delete memory" job in brain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

Mayo fans

That smug fugly cow in dictionary corner on countdown, sits there like her shîte doesn't stink and pretends to know all these words that have popped out of a electronic dictionary on the pc she has in front of her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

**** you she's lovely :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

It's getting dark early again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Simon Cowell "crying" on his stupid program and Twitter goes mental- I've seen things less staged on Crimewatch!!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement