Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I just paid €23 for a train...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Why can't some of ye drive ? Is it a physical thing

When I was 8 I was ran over by a car, and was done quite badly too. Had a serious fear of cars for years, didn't drive until I was 17 which was very odd where I come from.

Still can't cross the road if I can see a car coming, even if it's 200m down the road, I just freeze

I've got dyspraxia, so my muscles don't like reacting when I tell them to. Technically I can drive, but I'd never be able to pass the test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

I've got dyspraxia, so my muscles don't like reacting when I tell them to. Technically I can drive, but I'd never be able to pass the test.

When I went to see a therapist last year, was talking over a lot of things with her. She thought I might have dyspraxia. Always been quite a clumsy person, useless at sport as a result. Still have a lot of difficulty tying knots and shoe laces. Hands just don't do what my brain tells it. Learned to ride a bike wayyy later than usual. Had some difficulty learning to drive, but wanted it so much I persevered. Now I drive on the 'wrong side' every day. Was never even tested for it because I always had neat handwriting.

I'm still curious to know if I have or have ever had dyspraxia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

I probably won't touch a car either. Dyspraxia is a c*nt. Couldn't tie my shoes or ride a bike until I was 13 either :(

Also my handwriting is so goddamn awful too

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Congrats! :D

Please though, never take the freedom aspect for granted. As someone who will likely never be able to drive, it seriously pisses me off when I see young people bitching about things like the theory test and not taking it seriously, and acting like it's such a major inconvenience to put in the effort to get a full licence.

And on a side note, people need to stop complaining about self-driving cars. I would give up both of my testicles in a second to have one and not have to rely on others for transport. :P

(Two unrelated points, but I've been reading sh*t on t'internet saying self-driving cars are a bad thing recently and I've been quietly stewing away here :P)

I'd never this for granted. I think being cooped up in the middle of the country without a means of transport the last few years was actually making me sad. In all seriousness. My parents can be narky enough about lifts so I've missed out in nights out/parties/hanging out with friends because they'd decide 5 minutes before we were meant to leave that they didn't feel like driving me. So I've told my brother/sister that if they ever want to be dropped/collected to let me know because I know how **** it feels to miss out on things :( Being able to go whereverwithout depending on them is gr8..

I forget that people have reasons why they can't even go for a driving test. My friend got epilepsy after he crashed his car almost two and a half years ago, and he hasn't been let drive since then and it's so sad to hear about him going to the doctor over and over again and being told he's not allowed drive yet because his seizures aren't under control. Tis tough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I may have said this before, but Tesco delivery is the best thing ever lads. I wish all supermarkets did this. It'd be savage.

On a related note, the white chocolate version of Chocolate Fingers... OMONONOMNOMNOM I could eat an entire box in one sitting... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

So I got asked to work the FAI banquet in work (theres a conference in the hotel I work) on Friday....so much talent <3 and Im not necessarily referring to their football skills :pac:

I kid I kid....its probably going to be 90% old men :P

If you find an excess of nice, hot, young footballers- send them on their way to Kerry ya hear?

Munster Final is in Killarney Saturday and all the students my age here in my new job are going together and isn't that just pure cute?

• Advertisement

FAI Banquets are usually great craic. My sister brought me to one that she got an honour at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Got called a twink today. I'm actually offended by the remark. Seriously its hard enough trying to be at top of the game trying to win over other male counterparts. Then to be told you look like a twink. Fcuk off! :(

Mods, question?

Ju know on your profile page? What's the craic with the "page visits"? Does it show how many times your profile has been looked at or something?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mods, question?

Ju know on your profile page? What's the craic with the "page visits"? Does it show how many times your profile has been looked at or something?

As far as I know, it records every visit to your profile by accounts other than your own. Usually the last 10 names are visible, but it's possible to hide activity too (the same setting hides your name from the Now Viewing box at the bottom of forums, and prevents the Last Active time from appearing on your profile).

Most profile visits tend to happen by accident though, especially on the Touch site!

An File wrote: »
    As far as I know, it records every visit to your profile by accounts other than your own. Usually the last 10 names are visible, but it's possible to hide activity too (the same setting hides your name from the Now Viewing box at the bottom of forums, and prevents the Last Active time from appearing on your profile).

Most profile visits tend to happen by accident though, especially on the Touch site!

Grand out, I was wondering because I've like 6000+ visits and was wondering how (and *why* primarily) people would be looking at my profile :confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It could just be that all the Mods and Admins are watching you... >_>

:pac:

• Advertisement

An File wrote: »
    It could just be that all the Mods and Admins are watching you... >_>

:pac:

Better get my posts back in line so:D

The plus symbol is for people on your list of friends/contacts. :)

No idea about the asterisk though!

Lads watching this i feel ancient, :(

Happy National Orgasm Day everybody!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

I was crushed a little inside earlier, when I saw the letters IRL next to today's date. I want a day off! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

What would people consider the norm price bracket for their boyfriends 21st? We wouldnt be officially going out a full year but we'd be ehh exclusive about as long

I never had to buy for a 21st before though gorghrpogfgikfvinrogrwo I dont know what Im doing

One of my friends is going out with her boyfriend that long and I know she was going getting him a go pro as far as I know? Depends on how much money you have/their taste???

I bought someone an engraved pen and some tshirts for their 21st and it was about €80-90??

n00d pics

bst presnt eva

nd its free

:P

Find out what his parents are getting him. A watch or an engraved pen are good ideas, but make sure they're not getting him one.

Someone told me before not to buy a significant other a watch because you're putting time on the relationship ;)

whats up everybody. so saddened to even come here its so quiet its like going into school on the holidays no body here lol. are we really all grown up?

I'm off for another week and a half and I genuinely am doing nothing with my life. It's a bit of a disaster.

Puck Fair and The Rose start next week so maybe Kerry will be fun

I'm basically doing a 9-5 job that I'm not getting paid for, and that no one asked or expected me to do. So realistically I could fall off the face of the planet right now and my absence probably wouldn't be noticed for 2-3 weeks.

Met up with the ex last night. Dunno if I kinda regret it now. Got very sick just before meeting them haven't been right today.

Dunno what's wrong with me anymore. :(

One of my friends is going out with her boyfriend that long and I know she was going getting him a go pro as far as I know? Depends on how much money you have/their taste???

I bought someone an engraved pen and some tshirts for their 21st and it was about €80-90??
    Thanks, thats even useful just to have some sort of ballpark figures to work with, Ive been working quite a bit lately so I wouldnt mind getting something good for it like
    n00d pics

bst presnt eva

nd its free

:P
    But sure how would that be any different.... :pac:
    Find out what his parents are getting him. A watch or an engraved pen are good ideas, but make sure they're not getting him one.
    I feel like yea thats a good idea, I didnt think of making sure no one else was giving a similar thing!
    Someone told me before not to buy a significant other a watch because you're putting time on the relationship ;)
    Iconic hahaha "Its 10 past 4 today we've been together too many times where its been 10 past 4, Im F*cking out!

Thanks for the replies guys x Im really trying to work out something that he'd really like coz in the least mushy gushy of ways hes been v good to me over the last few months and had to deal with me borderline becoming another person and just having to go beyond the realms of what a relatively new bof should have to god love him <3

• Advertisement

deise_girl wrote: »
    Thanks, thats even useful just to have some sort of ballpark figures to work with, Ive been working quite a bit lately so I wouldnt mind getting something good for it like

But sure how would that be any different.... :pac:

I feel like yea thats a good idea, I didnt think of making sure no one else was giving a similar thing!

Iconic hahaha "Its 10 past 4 today we've been together too many times where its been 10 past 4, Im F*cking out!

Thanks for the replies guys x Im really trying to work out something that he'd really like coz in the least mushy gushy of ways hes been v good to me over the last few months and had to deal with me borderline becoming another person and just having to go beyond the realms of what a relatively new bof should have to god love him <3

Does he follow a soccer team? You can get package trips to the UK that include travel and tickets to a game for really cheap. Could be a cool present with the added benefit of either a weekend away together, or a weekend where you can get rid of him and chill. :P

Does he follow a soccer team? You can get package trips to the UK that include travel and tickets to a game for really cheap. Could be a cool present with the added benefit of either a weekend away together, or a weekend where you can get rid of him and chill. :P

Yea lol Liverpool?? (Imagine I knew anything about soccer)
    How would I research such packages?

Actually how do you even just buy soccer match tickets by themselves?

I feel like this is a v interesting idea

Just googling "Liverpool match packages" gives lots of results. They're actually a little more expensive than I thought tbh. I remember there used to be a really cheap crowd, but I can't for the life of me remember. Getting a ticket on its own might be a better way to go about it 'cos you could get a cheap flight and stay in a hostel or something to keep costs down over the packages. I've no idea about buying them though, have never really looked into it.

I think that both are awesome presents (if I was into Liverpool)

I'd be just a bit wary of cost just purely because you'd have flights/accommodation to think of as well. If you set the standard too high from the start, you/they might feel like ye've to continuously match it.

I was in Liverpool in January and popworld nightclub is so tacky but great so go there if you love 90s classics!

I think that both are awesome presents (if I was into Liverpool)

I'd be just a bit wary of cost just purely because you'd have flights/accommodation to think of as well. If you set the standard too high from the start, you/they might feel like ye've to continuously match it.

I was in Liverpool in January and popworld nightclub is so tacky but great so go there if you love 90s classics!
    Yea no they are dear but tbh I was even thinking of leaving it at that for now and then after he's received gift we could figure out about making a little holiday out of it and maybe sharing accom costs a bit and lookout for cheap flights (lol when I make it as cheap for me as possible)

I'm not overly familiar with UK geography (in terms of distances and stuff), but if one of you can drive, taking the ferry over might be a good option to save some money. With that, you'd have more freedom than if you flew into Liverpool and had to rely on taxis and buses and stuff to get around. And if ye were making a weekend of it you could maybe travel out of Liverpool or something. (again, I have no idea how far Liverpool is from a port that you can get to from Ireland, and I have no idea what's around the outskirts of Liverpool)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I think Liverpool is a port town. Should be ferries running to there.

• Advertisement

There's definitely some sort of water near Liverpool! There's a load of touristy things on the docks. Manchester isn't too far from Liverpool either, there's a big train station in the middle of the city that you can get :)

When I was in college and my course would go pre drinking, it was always the wine drinkers who would be the ones who'd become "loss of motor control" drunk after a bottle.
    This made me view wine as the danger drink. The one that creeps up on you.
    I'm two bottles in and I feel pretty good stil. Like, I feel like I could talk my way past a checkpoint.If needs be.
    Maybe wine isn't a danger drink. Maybe the people that I went to college with were just soft.
    Wine ain't no thing.
    Bloody soft students.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

When I was in college and my course would go pre drinking, it was always the wine drinkers who would be the ones who'd become "loss of motor control" drunk after a bottle.
    This made me view wine as the danger drink. The one that creeps up on you.
    I'm two bottles in and I feel pretty good stil. Like, I feel like I could talk my way past a checkpoint.If needs be.
    Maybe wine isn't a danger drink. Maybe the people that I went to college with were just soft.
    Wine ain't no thing.
    Bloody soft students.
    Awaits "worst hangover ever, never drinking again" post. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Colm?

yeah, wine isn't a "total loss of motor control" kinda drink, wine is a "why is my body so full of painful acid" kinda drink :P

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Awaits "worst hangover ever, never drinking again" post. :P

Made it into work for 11 sans headache.not a massive fan of drinking but I'm well able for it:p Lager seems to be the only thing that gives me a hangover. Spirits and wine; wake up feeling fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Fav drinks - Pints of Guinness and Gin.

/thread

• Advertisement

this summer has grown my love of both stout and gin (in the past they were both my least favourite beer and spirit :o ) so I'm going to agree. Beamish though, can't beat it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Colm? wrote: »
    this summer has grown my love of both stout and gin (in the past they were both my least favourite beer and spirit :o ) so I'm going to agree. Beamish though, can't beat it

I started drinking Guinness this summer, at first just because I'd never bothered with it before. But my God, once you get a taste for the stuff it's game over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I started drinking Guinness this summer, at first just because I'd never bothered with it before. But my God, once you get a taste for the stuff it's game over!
    If I'm down in the country I would definitely have a Guinness. The Guinness in Dublin however can be a mixed bag. Most places mess around with the barrels and turns out to be pure crap.

yeah, I was always a little disgusted by stout, but this summer someone handed me a pint of Beamish and oh my god I loved it. I think it's all in the pour; some pubs just can't do it right

Smithwicks for the quiet few and whiskey for the late nights.

• Advertisement
Advertisement