Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roz Purcell celeb wellness person

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

JJayoo wrote: »
    When she came in 7th.......good work Transform, blowing our chances
    well Donald Trump is the owner of that competition so cant help it if he doesnt appreciate a stunning looking irish woman

overall i think the work she produces is far better than most but still lacks some basic info that a 30mins chat with someone like me would set straight.

Im giving a talk at wellfest and think shes going also so maybe there is an opportunity there.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Transform wrote: »
    well Donald Trump is the owner of that competition so cant help it if he doesnt appreciate a stunning looking irish woman

There's none so blind as those who cannot see.....that their hairpiece is an abomination.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Good article in the Guardian by Hadley Freeman on Healthy Eating Gurus

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/jun/27/new-wellness-bloggers-food-drink-hadley-freeman

cloudatlas wrote: »

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/jun/27/new-wellness-bloggers-food-drink-hadley-freeman
    damn great find, posting this up now and this line was spot on -

!And a lot of what these bloggers advocate – less sugar, more vegetables – is perfectly sensible. But it is often served up with a hefty side dish of misinformation and encouragement of food phobias. After all, being obsessive about healthy eating isn’t actually all that healthy".

After all, being obsessive about healthy eating isn’t actually all that healthy".

Reminds me of this big serving of sense:

http://sigmanutrition.com/is-the-most-nutritious-diet-the-healthiest-diet/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Why is she gettingso much media time?Is her advice good or just copy and paste job

All cook books and diets are "copy and paste" jobs with a "twist" and nod to the latest fad/insecurity.

Don't think she's the worse out there by far.

For example, them two lads, The Happy Pear? always strike me as a pair of spoofers.

yip and i had a good 'chat' with a client in the other day exactly on this i.e. was just over 100lbs in weight (5ft 1) and wanted frequent body fat tests, wants the ins and outs of every diet myth and tid bit of info out there.

The stressing about food and overly focusing of training on the aesthetics is a major problem for some people.

i continually came back to better performance in the gym e.g. lets get you to be able to perform a push up from the floor, a chin up etc as opposed to adding fuel to an already poor self image.

Collection of knowledge does not mean wisdom

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    All cook books and diets are "copy and paste" jobs with a "twist" and nod to the latest fad/insecurity.

Don't think she's the worse out there by far.

For example, them two lads, The Happy Pear? always strike me as a pair of spoofers.
    they ALL have very similar issues - basics on nutrition is the main one.

The happy pear guys are super nice guys but their take on heart disease and the role fat plays (doesnt play) in it is just laughable in the extreme.

for example here

yes you read that right -

- diet less than 10% fat
    - no nuts
    - no eggs of any kind
    - no avocado (thats the vegan stable out the window so)
    - no dairy products

hey its only €99 for 8 weeks on their online happy heart course

they basically swallowed the china study and took it as gospel (this was debunked wayyyy back in 2010 by denise minger here )

lovely lads but havent an absolute rashers about nutrition.

they ALL have very similar issues - basics on nutrition is the main one.

The happy pear guys are super nice guys but their take on heart disease and the role fat plays (doesnt play) in it is just laughable in the extreme.

for example here

yes you read that right -

- diet less than 10% fat
    - no nuts
    - no eggs of any kind
    - no avocado (thats the vegan stable out the window so)
    - no dairy products

hey its only €99 for 8 weeks on their online happy heart course

they basically swallowed the china study and took it as gospel (this was debunked wayyyy back in 2010 by denise minger here )

lovely lads but havent an absolute rashers about nutrition.

Ah jaysus...poor Denise.

What a surname.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

cloudatlas wrote: »

That's a great article, and a real eye opener. I think some of those food bloggers are a bit obsessed about healthy eating and food in general which to be honest is not healthy at all.
    They all seem to have food allergies or some digestive issue and choose to give up wheat/ dairy/ etc. I had to laugh at Deliciously Ella's ignorance
    Woodward was asked by a commenter why she doesn’t use millet in her recipes: “I don’t use millet as it contains gluten and all my recipes are gluten-free. Hope you love the recipes! X,” she explained in her characteristically chatty style.

Her loyal followers pointed out that millet does not, in fact, contain gluten. Woodward, undaunted, simply moved the goalposts: “I prefer to stay away from millet as I personally find it difficult to digest. Have a nice day! X,” she replied
    :eek:

I think Susan Jane White is the Irish equivalent of Ella Woodward, their blog and recipes seem similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Like that other model rosanna davidson should they be giving advice on diet nutriiton when not experts

Absolutely no comparison between the two one is an accomplished Model/entrepreneur/Triathlete and from what I've seen a decent skin that didn't come from money and earned her stripes.

The other well she's fame hungry and has the financial backing to fail at whatever whim passes her mind next. Also I've yet to see her split times for DCM.:D

I don't think either claim to be nutritionists more of a social media I eat this to help me look like this kind of thing. The recipes are handy to pick and choose between and gives people an alternative.

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I don't think either claim to be nutritionists more of a social media I eat this to help me look like this kind of thing. The recipes are handy to pick and choose between and gives people an alternative.

Well Rosanna Davidson's website is Rosanna Davidson Nutrition and the About Me section starts with "As a qualified and insured Nutritional Therapist and a graduate of the College of Naturopathic Medicine"

groovyg wrote: »
    That's a great article, and a real eye opener. I think some of those food bloggers are a bit obsessed about healthy eating and food in general which to be honest is not healthy at all.
    They all seem to have food allergies or some digestive issue and choose to give up wheat/ dairy/ etc. I had to laugh at Deliciously Ella's ignorance

:eek:

I think Susan Jane White is the Irish equivalent of Ella Woodward, their blog and recipes seem similar.
    SJ white is certainly cut from the same cloth as again no mention of the calories or even a warning that certain recipes you might need to pull back on the portions

Well Rosanna Davidson's website is Rosanna Davidson Nutrition and the About Me section starts with "As a qualified and insured Nutritional Therapist and a graduate of the College of Naturopathic Medicine"
    exactly and Ros Purcell is currently studying on a similar course right now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Are her playboy pics on it? If not I'm not googling her website.

anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

LMFAO

I didn't click through to see the gluten-free baps in case it was the NSFW stuff

I didn't click through to see the gluten-free baps in case it was the NSFW stuff

well played sir

but of course hers are all natural and free range, lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭My Darling Clementine

Those happy pear lads come across as an older, more D4 version of Jedward

Absolute spoofers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

The term wellness makes me physically ill. It conjures up images of Herbalife, The Sunday Independent and Celtic Tigeresque nonsense.

• Advertisement

discus wrote: »
    The term wellness makes me physically ill. It conjures up images of Herbalife, The Sunday Independent and Celtic Tigeresque nonsense.
    sunday indo is a total rag.

one thing most of the people mentioned all have in common (this includes 'wellness coaches' 'nutrition coaches' etc) is that they dont work directly with clients full time because if they did they would very quickly discover that no one was getting lasting results.

ive said this before so going to say it again - being in shape, having abs, being lucky to be born pretty (eat yourself beautiful LMFAO!!!) is NOT evidence that you know anything about a certain topic. You need to put your principles down on paper and show a track record of results.

This goes as much for the 20 something guys that run around shouting 'gains' 'shredz' and 'bro', and thats before they use their pre workout drink.

This goes as much for the 20 something guys that run around shouting 'gains' 'shredz' and 'bro', and thats before they use their pre workout drink.

They be shouting 'gainz' after.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Book getting a big push now
    She has a pop up shop

bigpink wrote: »
    Book getting a big push now
    She has a pop up shop
    as long as its gluten free and vegan then you can eat as much as you like of it, science!

ANY book that doesnt even hint at the fact that calories matter needs to be checked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Anyone find her a bit tedious ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tayschren

Does being semi famous exclude you from having a sound knowledge of fitness and nutrition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Tayschren wrote: »
    Does being semi famous exclude you from having a sound knowledge of fitness and nutrition?

She had a video recently of her and her trainer having an "Ab off" in front of the mirrors of whatever gym she goes to :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Tayschren wrote: »

She was on the Late Late Show a few months ago promoting her book. She had a table set up and was demonstrating recipes. The conversation was like this

Roz: I'm a total foodie Ryan.
    Tubridy: So Roz, your Brownies are 90% Cocoa, what's the other 10% ?
    Roz: Emm... I don't know Ryan.

Fraud. My mother could have written a book saying eat your Veg and stop eating that crap you always have in your mouth.

Red Kev wrote: »

Fraud. My mother could have written a book saying eat your Veg and stop eating that crap you always have in your mouth.

There's Brendan O'Carroll/Mrs Browns next book idea - bestseller I reckon!

• Advertisement
Advertisement