Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roz Purcell celeb wellness person

Options
  • 08-09-2015 3:36am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭

Why is she gettingso much media time?Is her advice good or just copy and paste job

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

She's probably friends with an editor in the Indo or something like that. That's how these things usually work.

Is there anything specific about her advice you have issue with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

She has a blog natural born feeder which is very popular. I think her mantra is to cook using fresh ingredients and avoid processed foods she seems to cook vegan, vegetarian, gluten free paleo etc. She has a cook book coming out as well. Some of her recipes look pretty good, I'm not a vegan or vegetarian but I made her vegan lasange and it was gorgeous

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

No just seen alot of her in the media, social media people talking etc.i know 2 people that 80 euro to hear her talk with irish wellness in a hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

She already had a very public profile which lends itself to getting media exposure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Lets be honest the girl is hot, that's why she's in the media.

• Advertisement

JJayoo wrote: »
    Lets be honest the girl is hot, that's why she's in the media.

I thought it was cos she was on Celebrity Bainisteoir.

Like that other model rosanna davidson should they be giving advice on diet nutriiton when not experts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Like that other model rosanna davidson should they be giving advice on diet nutriiton when not experts

Is she giving advice on nutrition? Haven't seen it anywhere.

But...but they're nutritionists.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I follow her on instagram. I don't think she really gives out advice in terms of nutrition. She has some healthy and interesting recipes and that's good enough for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

exactly both of them dont make a penny from working directly with clients so everything is just a 'suggestion' both of the girls mentioned NEVER talk about the basics of nutrition and focus mainly on foods that are gluten free, sugar free etc which is grand but never once a mention that e.g. the "sinless brownies" in a post there a few images back on her instagram will have about 250calories in a typical slice.

All that coconut, nuts, seeds, avocado, dates, (the foundation of all 'healthy' blogs right now) might be great from a food quality standpoint but FFS they're not calorie free and I spend my days coaching clients on this and the most common flaw with those eating 'healthy' is they take in wayyyyyyyy too many fats

heres a before and after example of a client of mine that has a great food blog also - https://instagram.com/p/64jQH8RMuF/?taken-by=primalpiggy

pic of the changes and little explaining from her (her after now would be even more impressive ) - https://instagram.com/p/6CxIa2RMgH/?taken-by=primalpiggy

so overall those girls mentioned just post recipes but often don't acknowledge the basics of nutrition e.g. calories ,macronutrient ratios etc and instead can mistakenly encourage people into actually eating MORE calories than they need just because something is seen or presented as 'healthy'

i wrote about all this here.

btw why does something have to be presented as sinless, guilt free etc eat the damn brownie if you want one just understand how it affects your goals or energy levels

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭themissymoo

Isn't she Bressie's girlfriend? Pretty sure she was a model at one stage, and placed in the top ten for Miss Universe by repping Ireland.

Isn't she Bressie's girlfriend? Pretty sure she was a model at one stage, and placed in the top ten for Miss Universe by repping Ireland.
    yup placed 7th.

I did a bit of training with her before she went to miss universe back in 2010

she knows her way around a gym and NOT afraid of getting in the hard work.

Transform wrote: »
    exactly both of them dont make a penny from working directly with clients so everything is just a 'suggestion' both of the girls mentioned NEVER talk about the basics of nutrition and focus mainly on foods that are gluten free, sugar free etc which is grand but never once a mention that e.g. the "sinless brownies" in a post there a few images back on her instagram will have about 250calories in a typical slice.

All that coconut, nuts, seeds, avocado, dates, (the foundation of all 'healthy' blogs right now) might be great from a food quality standpoint but FFS they're not calorie free and I spend my days coaching clients on this and the most common flaw with those eating 'healthy' is they take in wayyyyyyyy too many fats

heres a before and after example of a client of mine that has a great food blog also - https://instagram.com/p/64jQH8RMuF/?taken-by=primalpiggy

pic of the changes and little explaining from her (her after now would be even more impressive ) - https://instagram.com/p/6CxIa2RMgH/?taken-by=primalpiggy

so overall those girls mentioned just post recipes but often don't acknowledge the basics of nutrition e.g. calories ,macronutrient ratios etc and instead can mistakenly encourage people into actually eating MORE calories than they need just because something is seen or presented as 'healthy'

i wrote about all this here.

btw why does something have to be presented as sinless, guilt free etc eat the damn brownie if you want one just understand how it affects your goals or energy levels

Use the right buzzword with a recipe and watch the kcals within drop back to zero.

And these a good few more irish wellness celebs aswell

And these a good few more irish wellness celebs aswell
    loads and many more on the way as already slim but 'unfit' gals realise that they can spend a month in the gym, start eating well and recreate themselves into 'health' experts

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

Her body is her business card. I'd say she knows what she's talking about.

loads and many more on the way as already slim but 'unfit' gals realise that they can spend a month in the gym, start eating well and recreate themselves into 'health' experts

I wouldn't say Roz is "unfit" in fact I would sat the opposite

Ceepo wrote: »
    I wouldn't say Roz is "unfit" in fact I would sat the opposite

I don't think he was talking about Roz Purcell.

I don't think he was talking about Roz Purcell.

My bad. I assumed they were as that's who the thread is about.

• Advertisement

Ceepo wrote: »
    My bad. I assumed they were as that's who the thread is about.

I think he was more talking about more slebs getting ready to jump on the bandwagon. A few posts ago, it was mentioned that she knew her way around the gym and put in the work.

She prob had a good natural body tho?Im just seeing so many girls fawning over her food advice and as i said doing seminars and charging big money

Not doubting she goes to a gym

She prob had a good natural body tho?Im just seeing so many girls fawning over her food advice and as i said doing seminars and charging big money

There's obviously a demand. Had a look to see if I could find anything on these seminars and on her blog she doesn't pretend to be an expert or have any qualifications

yup she was in pretty good shape when i worked briefly with her before miss universe finals.

There's obviously a demand. Had a look to see if I could find anything on these seminars and on her blog she doesn't pretend to be an expert or have any qualifications
    exactly, she post good recipes and readers make the link themselves. Nothing wrong about it at all but ANYONE can have "my body is my business card" BS logic going on yet not have a clue about basic nutrition. I did mention all this in the article i wrote on it or maybe the sinless brownies distracted y'all

Ah yeah she will make good money from the talks blogs books etc im sure fair play

exactly, she post good recipes and readers make the link themselves. Nothing wrong about it at all but ANYONE can have "my body is my business card" BS logic going on yet not have a clue about basic nutrition. I did mention all this in the article i wrote on it or maybe the sinless brownies distracted y'all

Pictures >>> words :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

yup she was in pretty good shape when i worked briefly with her before miss universe finals.

When she came in 7th.......good work Transform, blowing our chances

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

JJayoo wrote: »
    When she came in 7th.......good work Transform, blowing our chances

7th in the whole universe though isn't bad

Advertisement