Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SuperBowl 50 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Its like America turned up to '11'.

Ads are the price you pay for free to air broadcast, they should never be looked forward to!

(especially if you wanted to actually see any of them, they are already on YouTube).

There are even ads for things that will never exist or the company involved will never create them...
    AeroDefence company Northrop Grumman are spending a tonne of money to display their concept art for a 6th-gen fighter jet during the Super Bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,827 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Its like America turned up to '11'.

Ads are the price you pay for free to air broadcast, they should never be looked forward to!

(especially if you wanted to actually see any of them, they are already on YouTube).

There are even ads for things that will never exist or the company involved will never create them...
    AeroDefence company Northrop Grumman are spending a tonne of money to display their concept art for a 6th-gen fighter jet during the Super Bowl.

That's sickening. It's what happens when a company has too much cash to know what to do with it. One thing I like about watching in Ireland is those ads don't air so you're spared a lot of the very worst of the event junkies. I'm staying home tonight to avoid the American version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Panthers by 9 is my guess. Im off to stick some chicken wings on. Snacks at the ready not long now. No pressure on your first snap manning boy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,827 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Patww79 wrote: »
    I'm stuck with the BBC, which is good as they've no ads but bad in that at some stage I'm going to have them explain that "teams have 4 downs, or 'chances' to advance 10 yards", etc.

Right now I'm hearing Seal singing Crazy out if to a crowd of corporate twats "soaking up the super bowl atmosphere", and wondering whether I should go do something non football related for a few hours under the circumstances...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Paully D wrote: »
    Already getting pissed off at the people who haven't watched a game since last year's Super Bowl who are spouting bollocks on social media about this years effort.

Where were they during Thursday Night Football between the 2-8 Titans and 4-6 Jaguars in week 11? :pac:

Don't pull that one out, I was probably the only one in the country watching that :) and even then it was on game pass condensed

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

"I thought Manning really grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck."

"Did you think that? DID YOU?! Well that's just brilliant!"

Wow.. I'm sure after several seconds of your charming company, thats won't be a problem :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I've been a Panthers fan for as long as I've been following football so obviously this is a really big night for me. It's also my first year having work the next morning though! If it's a blowout at halftime I'll be heading to sleep but otherwise I'll be up till the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭stereomatic

I'm in for the long haul as soon as the beeb start transmission, come hale, rain or snow coz I'm inside :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Biggest night of the year guys so make sure that everything stays on topic of the game. I'm sure that I speak for all the other mods and everyone else using the forum that we all want to be able to enjoy tonights game and not be sidetracked by anything unrelated to tonights game.
    40 mins to kick off so hopefully this is a classic Superbowl! Enjoy the game everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Really hope it's going to be a close fought exciting game. Would like for Payton to go out on a high but my paddy power account says otherwise.

Small stake on Carolina since first week of December. Just felt they were playing real championship winning football. Good in all aspects of the game and have game winners everywhere.

Going with Carolina by 9. Just feel they have the better the all round better team and can match up well against Denver.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Its funny how you a matchup doesn't really grab you but when the game is about to start... bam!! Super excited.

Broncos by 6.

Its funny how you a matchup doesn't really grab you but when the game is about to start... bam!! Super excited.

Broncos by 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭stereomatic

Go zebras

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

****ing Phil Simms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Panthers by 20+

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I'm trying to get into a good mood but all I can think of is not having football for another 7 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,816 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Sure the Panthers will like an 18-1 record more than the 07 Pats anyway. Brian Baldinger said your an all time great team if you go 18-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Panthers by 20+

Only if the Broncos defence crumbles, which I cant really see at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Patriots players aren't popular with that crowd :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Poor enough reception for Brady there, I thought the 2nd best QB of all time would get a little more respect!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,816 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Classless by Bronco fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

mrsoundie wrote: »
    Only if the Broncos defence crumbles, which I cant really see at the moment.

They shredded the Seahawks D, which is nothing to be sniffed at. It's more that I don't see Denver putting up more than 10. The Denver run game will be so vital to any success tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

adrian522 wrote: »
    Poor enough reception for Brady there, I thought the 2nd best QB of all time would get a little more respect!

Especially as a Bay Area native! I really liked that roll of honour...any chance for Bart Starr to get on TV will always get my vote tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Perhaps there are more upset with Gisele than Tom. ;-)

WEll the fans of his biggest rival aren't gonna cheer him really. Brady gets enough respect, nobody in the world doesn't think he's amazing.

Tho reading your post again... tut tut.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Peyton-Manning-Laughing-Ron-Burgundy-Interview.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

paulie21 wrote: »
    Classless by Bronco fans

In any sport, rival fans usually hate the GOAT.

• Advertisement

Advertisement