Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SuperBowl 50 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

new baby arrived during the week so likely will be asleep for this but in the words of the inspirational Homer J
    latest?cb=20130108213220

Going with the Panthers by +14

Congrats!

My 3 month old started sleeping through the night last week, perfect timing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Hoping for a great game tonight - and a Broncos win.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Broncos to win it by 10 and Manning to go out on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I remember a couple of years ago being particularly critical of Cam in the forum, when he was throwing a strop on the sideline & sitting on the bench sulking with a towel over his head. I didn't like the guy back then & the hype around him, I thought he needed to grow up and play like a franchise QB. Now all these years later, I now have nothing but admiration for the guy. He has grown up and become a fine leader of his team. So I'll be rooting for him and his team tonight and after the great season they've had, it would be deserved icing on the cake for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Some great NFL programming on Sky this past week. Of the stuff I hadn't seen before I thought Jersey Guys and Houston 1993 were very enjoyable. A Tale of Two Cities (Cowboys/49ers) was nothing new and annoyingly narrated. The Merger was ok but I felt it could have done with being a 2-parter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Roman Harper is renting out his pad for the night, while he plays in the Superbowl. All proceeds will go to his own charity foundation....

Writing on Airbnb, Harper said: “A super fan and their super guest will be able to feel right at home in my living room while I play in this year’s main event.

“Kick back on my sofa while watching Super Bowl 50 on our 70 inch TV.

“As evening approaches, prepare your football finest and take advantage of the kitchen -- it's where I (and my mom) spend most of the time preparing for big games!

“Oh, and did I mention, I will throw in a signed football, too.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/nfl-player-rents-his-home-on-airbnb-so-fans-can-watch-the-super-bowl-a3174846.html

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anyone else struggling to get really pumped for this? It might be different closer to game time, but it feels just like any other gameweek to me at the moment. I suppose knowing I've got to be up first thing in the morning doesn't help either.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Two great defenses, although I think Broncos is better. However, I'm not sure its noticeably better in order to offset what I believe to be a far superior Carolina offense.

Just be interesting to see how they all perform on the big stage. Really looking forward to seeing some great defense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

I think it's going to be a blowout to the Panthers. First SB since I've being watching NFL that I'm not particulary excited by.

What's the actual start time as opposed to start of coverage time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,630 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What's the actual start time as opposed to start of coverage time?

11:35 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Finish time is about 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

Probably closer to 4

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Man, The last time I saw such agreement between fans, experts, bookies on the result of a superbowl was when the unbeaten Patriots showed up after the 2007 season,

Anything can happen on the night. I figure it will be close and low-ish scoring. But like almost everyone else I leaning towards Carolina. First time in a while I haven't been really rooting for one team over the other. I'd be really happy for either group of players to win.

Once Carolina don't let the occasion get to them they should win. If Carolina get put to a big lead its hard to see Denver reeling them in.

I expect Carolina to really play the run game and make Peyton beat them through the air, not sure he can.

Really looking forward to it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,630 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Paully D wrote: »
    Anyone else struggling to get really pumped for this? It might be different closer to game time, but it feels just like any other gameweek to me at the moment. I suppose knowing I've got to be up first thing in the morning doesn't help either.

I'm the same. I was hyped up all week and last night but woke up this morning and just nah not feeling it. And I've tomorrow off which should help but it isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Whats that supposed to mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

More importantly Puppy Bowl 12 just kicked off on Animal Planet

ys346.gif

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'm the same. I was hyped up all week and last night but woke up this morning and just nah not feeling it. And I've tomorrow off which should help but it isn't.

Yeah, even on here it's a bit dead to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Hazys wrote: »
    More importantly Puppy Bowl 12 just kicked off on Animal Planet

ys346.gif

In a touching ceremony beforehand, Air Bud was posthumously inducted into the DFL hall of fame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,837 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Yeah, even on here it's a bit dead to be honest.

It'll be a great game, on paper it looks like the best match up in a few years, definitely the two best teams of the year, it's going to be great. But it's a few hours away. I think the fact that it's the last game of the year is the thing that has ye down. It's been a pretty savage season. It'll be a savage super bowl. Get a few beers, put a few quid on the result and You'll be right as rain.

This guy's shirt is excited.
    Take a look at @cbfsu's Tweet: https://twitter.com/cbfsu/status/696432526009749505?s=09

It'll be a great game, on paper it looks like the best match up in a few years, definitely the two best teams of the year, it's going to be great. But it's a few hours away. I think the fact that it's the last game of the year is the thing that has ye down. It's been a pretty savage season. It'll be a savage super bowl. Get a few beers, put a few quid on the result and You'll be right as rain.
    Easy for you to say when it will be on at a reasonable hour for you.

You're not looking at just 4 hours sleep tonight.

And don't say that's what you get every night.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Easy for you to say when it will be on at a reasonable hour for you.

You're not looking at just 4 hours sleep tonight.

And don't say that's what you get every night.

That's what I get ev- oh...

Well, yeah, it easy for me to say.

Fun too.

Personally I'm not too bothered about either team in this game, although that beats last year when I kind of disliked both. I mean, broncos fans can be quite bitter towards the bears, especially cutler, in my experience, but it's nothing major. And between ron Rivera and peanut there's plenty of links with the panthers. Also I find them great fun to watch. So I know who I'm supporting I guess. But aside from that, I'm certainly more excited about this game, and seeing the Denver d go up against the panthers o in particular, just from a football point of view, than I have been in a few years.

They just showed Gisele walking across the super bowl VIP red carpet. That's pretty exciting.

Already getting pissed off at the people who haven't watched a game since last year's Super Bowl who are spouting bollocks on social media about this years effort.

Where were they during Thursday Night Football between the 2-8 Titans and 4-6 Jaguars in week 11? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 One Question

Go Broncos

Already getting pissed off at the people who haven't watched a game since last year's Super Bowl who are spouting bollocks on social media about this years effort.

Where were they during Thursday Night Football between the 2-8 Titans and 4-6 Jaguars in week 11? :pac:
    In bed if they had any sense.

But Jesus yeah nothing worse. Not sure if I hate the once a year experts more, or the ones who go on about how **** they think the sport is.

But worst of the lot, by far, are these assholes...

Take a look at these search results: https://twitter.com/search?q=only%20watching%20for%20the%20commercials&s=09

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    One of the main reasons, especially in this country, where its an event that's really best avoided. Everything bar just the game anyway.
    Nothing worse than listening to the gob****es 'analyse' it tomorrow, especially when they know you watch the sport so they try to engage.

"I thought Manning really grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck."

"Did you think that? DID YOU?! Well that's just brilliant!"

Advertisement