Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

adrian522 wrote: »
    Watched this last night. Seems like Packers having a go at Favre is a little bit two faced. They didn't want him to play for Green Bay any more, didn't want him playing for anyone else either.

Not sure what the problem Packers fans had with him, he was obviously good enough to keep going so he was obviously going to go to where he had the best chance to win.

If green bay didn't want to start him they should have just released him or traded him to where he wanted to go, he'd earned that much over the previous 15 years.

Don't recall anyone being too upset about Favre leaving, he earned the right to go on his terms. Even if there was a feeling he messed around a bit with the retiring and unretiring. Seeing him play for the Jets was no problem. It was the return with the Vikings that upset people, particularly as he himself admitted he wanted to play for the Bears or Vikings just to stick it to the Packers. Even in the documentary he seemed to be a bit...bitter, he expressed surprised that TT texted him wishing him well each time he led the Vikings to beat the Packers and conceded that he wouldn't have done that himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Still waiting on the exact details of guoin's contract, hopefully it's front loaded with a low gurentee and heavily incentivised. I still think it was a bit of an overpay, I guess we've now seen the last of Raji which is a shame but he won't be worth the money he'll likely get offered. Hopefully Crosby is next now. Think he gets along the lines of 4/16 which I'm happy with. What are Yer thoughts on the forte to GB rumours.?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

limerickfc wrote: »
    Still waiting on the exact details of guoin's contract, hopefully it's front loaded with a low gurentee and heavily incentivised. I still think it was a bit of an overpay, I guess we've now seen the last of Raji which is a shame but he won't be worth the money he'll likely get offered. Hopefully Crosby is next now. Think he gets along the lines of 4/16 which I'm happy with. What are Yer thoughts on the forte to GB rumours.?

Hopefully they will keep Raji.

Love to see Forte with the Pack.

That and D Rogers getting down from 265 to about 245:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I think Forte to GB would be really interesting. Peppers can let him know what it's like to move that way, and I think he could be a great compliment to Eddie if Eddie gets down in weight in the off season. I'd hate to see Stark go though. He was solid this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

think i seen somewhere that guions contract was like 11.75 over 3 years - so maybe around 3 mill against the cap a year.... he was 2.75 last year! Think Raji could be gone tbh!

I dont know how much truth is in the forte rumours but lots of places has Pats or Packers for him to land.... obvs you gotta think that peppers can have a word is his ear if packers truely want him. Starks is def gone if we do get him! Im not a fan of starks - i dont think he has the power to break through many tackles.... and dont see much more than a backup that we could either draft a low round rb or pick some1 off the free agent scrapheap!

It really shows that the ball is in lacys court and if he looses weight and brings up his effort he could get seriously paid this time next year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

think i seen somewhere that guions contract was like 11.75 over 3 years - so maybe around 3 mill against the cap a year.... he was 2.75 last year! Think Raji could be gone tbh!

I dont know how much truth is in the forte rumours but lots of places has Pats or Packers for him to land.... obvs you gotta think that peppers can have a word is his ear if packers truely want him. Starks is def gone if we do get him! Im not a fan of starks - i dont think he has the power to break through many tackles.... and dont see much more than a backup that we could either draft a low round rb or pick some1 off the free agent scrapheap!

It really shows that the ball is in lacys court and if he looses weight and brings up his effort he could get seriously paid this time next year!
    I would have a weight clause in his contract next year tbh

he could get tagged next season to see if he can keep it up for another year - sure he might get paid 1-2mill more for that season but it beats paying him a huge contract for 4-5 years only for him to eat the rewards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭cosatron

Much to everyone's delight, Clements, Bennett and capers are still on the coaching staff, how these dodge the bullet every years bigger belief. On a positive note the new running back coach looks good, he was with the Rams last year and gurley was impressive and rumour has It that fat Eddie is banned from all take away in the Wisconsin area

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

cosatron wrote: »
    Much to everyone's delight, Clements, Bennett and capers are still on the coaching staff, how these dodge the bullet every years bigger belief. On a positive note the new running back coach looks good, he was with the Rams last year and gurley was impressive and rumour has It that fat Eddie is banned from all take away in the Wisconsin area

Eddie lives down south afaik in off season.

All that delicious cajun food..... can he resist!

Eddie lives down south afaik in off season.

All that delicious cajun food..... can he resist!

Oh I forgot that. It's crawfish and gumbo galore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Mike Penell suspended for four games. Big BJ must live in a horseshoe shaped house :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

James laurenitis might be worth a punt, A good MLB, yes his production has declined, never injured, would let us move clay back to olb

Anyone here seen much of vernon butler.? He's been mocked to us in a few drafts recently.

Ideal situation we sign forte, peppers and Raji restructure and hopefully Ragland falls to us in the draft and Sam barrington makes a full recovery

Don't forget Crosby, that's one hell of a D though if things fell that way.

limerickfc wrote: »
    Don't forget Crosby, that's one hell of a D though if things fell that way.

not with capers at the helm it wont be

but seriously - whatever about capers.... how did clements keep his job?? like all jokes aside.... mccarthy took play calling back off him mid season cos he was calling rubbish.... the offense sucked this year.... a fat rb.... a slow wr2 with jones.... janis and abbrederis seeming been under utilized until the playoffs.... and surely he would have thought to put super glue on devante adams gloves at least!!

When Mccarthy said last year he wanted to promote clements to play caller to get other teams to realise his quality and to give them a head coaching position........ HAHAHAHAHA

but seriously - whatever about capers.... how did clements keep his job?? like all jokes aside.... mccarthy took play calling back off him mid season cos he was calling rubbish.... the offense sucked this year.... a fat rb.... a slow wr2 with jones.... janis and abbrederis seeming been under utilized until the playoffs.... and surely he would have thought to put super glue on devante adams gloves at least!!

When Mccarthy said last year he wanted to promote clements to play caller to get other teams to realise his quality and to give them a head coaching position........ HAHAHAHAHA

yea his pretty rubbish. it will be interesting to see how McAdoo and philbin do in new York

Nice bit of hindsight there Crash.

Defense did well this year.

Offence was poor in the receiver corps,but lessons have been learned.

Clements obviously didn't have the confidence of the QB or the O, OK schidte happens, McCarthy took it back and got the ship steadied

Next season is a big one, Pack need to move on, I see other teams younger ,fitter, more mobile,than the sterile production of the Pack.

Need a sea change, in my opinion, get meaner,looser, to me they are the Man Utd of the NFL,going downhill unless they wake up and force things rather than reacting.

Get out there and do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Maybe I'm wrong but I'd love to see a big splash in FA, although I don't know how many quality agents will be available come March... I'd honestly love to see Forte come in to bolster the running game, even just to spice the line up a bit. It all just seems a little... dull. I'm not saying go out and wipe the solid building that Thompson does in the draft, I just... I dunno. Something felt flat this year, there was so little energy and pizazz.

Maybe I'm wrong but I'd love to see a big splash in FA, although I don't know how many quality agents will be available come March... I'd honestly love to see Forte come in to bolster the running game, even just to spice the line up a bit. It all just seems a little... dull. I'm not saying go out and wipe the solid building that Thompson does in the draft, I just... I dunno. Something felt flat this year, there was so little energy and pizazz.

they have said they need to do more in free agency

Exactly, that's what it was, dull.

I dunno im im entirely comfortable dropping 4-5mill on forte when lacy was a top 3 rb the year before last... i do think he is gonna drop weight and be elite next year.... id be more interested in picking up a FA TE - maybe a fleener or allen - and ilb in maybe the form of Trevathan or jarrell freeman - trevathan could cost to much tho.... also we should have a look at dt with jaye howard... id throw 4 mill a year at him and be extremely happy....

but.... packers and thompson and mccarthy always say in the offseason oh maybe we need to evaluate our free agent policy etc... and with the exception of peppers they never really have changed it up that much... id love a splash and intent.... packers dont need much but they do need to make sure we keep up with the rest of the league - and the vikes in our division will only be stronger next year with experience and getting rid of mike wallace

I dunno im im entirely comfortable dropping 4-5mill on forte when lacy was a top 3 rb the year before last... i do think he is gonna drop weight and be elite next year.... id be more interested in picking up a FA TE - maybe a fleener or allen - and ilb in maybe the form of Trevathan or jarrell freeman - trevathan could cost to much tho.... also we should have a look at dt with jaye howard... id throw 4 mill a year at him and be extremely happy....

but.... packers and thompson and mccarthy always say in the offseason oh maybe we need to evaluate our free agent policy etc... and with the exception of peppers they never really have changed it up that much... id love a splash and intent.... packers dont need much but they do need to make sure we keep up with the rest of the league - and the vikes in our division will only be stronger next year with experience and getting rid of mike wallace

Good post, feel the same myself,but hope,rightly or wrongly that Fat Eddie will slim down and get more mobile, younger than Forte and a stud when he gets going.

Need a TE who can get downfield on the concrete( between the numbers).

Most of all I think the Packers need to loosen up, get mean and nasty.

I think they are a bit stiff and predictable as we stand,they have to cut the spancels and get out there and confront the teams who seem to have their number.

Next season will be big.

in the game against cardinals sam sheilds came back from a small injury.... and some of the tackles he was putting in were massive - like really agressive - thats what we need from all 11 guys on defense. Randall and Rollins are young and will get agressive with confidence! If you want to be mean and nasty then we have seriously got to bluk up on the line - sure guion is a squad player but they moved him out to DE at one stage.... want a nasty streak - bring in a vet like fairley or ngata! those guys are agressive straight off the line or if you want the younger more expensive option go for howard!

mccarthy said that he was looking to draft 2 DT's in and keep BJ in his presser yesterday.... i like raji but i think we could get an upgrade on him on the open market!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

He didn't own us in November...

He didn't own us in November...

10-3 in the last 5 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Advertisement