Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Golf from Mexico on Sky from 1 p.m. tomorrow.

GMac is joint leader in Mexico - could be the turnaround in form he so badly needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

vienne86 wrote: »
    GMac is joint leader in Mexico - could be the turnaround in form he so badly needs.

hopefully..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Look at this shot from Knox... wow.

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/666251061942882304

Very tight. Knox is one clear right now, but he has rolled off the green on 17 C'mon GMac!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Playoff. 3 way !! Exciting finish.

dar_cool wrote: »
    Playoff. 3 way !! Exciting finish.

Great! C'mon GMac!

Thought he had holed his second there!!!! Looking good for Graeme!

Gmac after playing a stunner of approach shot in the first playoff hole. Probably 3ft for birdie.

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/666271041040216064

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Wow what a shot,nearly holed it from 205. Gmac you beauty

• Advertisement

Of the three, he is the one I would expect to do best in a playoff. That was a fabulous approach.

Good man Gmac - delighted for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

Top stuff Graeme.

What will that do for his World Ranking?

Calling our expert......are you there abff???????

• Registered Users Posts: 15,850 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Would I be right in saying the last time he won was France? Bit ironic :D

Delighted for him. That's gonna be a big win mentally after a poor year results wise. His 3rd PGA Tour win.

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/666273575280726016

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭Speak Now

That'll put the Ryder cup and Olympics back on his agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Seve OB wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying the last time he won was France?

His last 2 wins were in The French Open I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭ronjo

What will that do for his World Ranking?

Calling our expert......are you there abff???????

I read the other day that a win would move him up to 61 in the world.

ronjo wrote: »
    I read the other day that a win would move him up to 61 in the world.

He's at 62. That's up 23 places. Let's hope he is on his way to the top 50.

• Advertisement

Seems the Shark's tips helped Gmac for his last round. The game moves on but wise eyes remain. http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/graeme-mcdowell-thrives-text-message-lesson-greg-norman?xid=golf_social
    McDowell said after his win that a quick tip from none other than Greg Norman significantly helped him, according to Golf Blot. The 36-year-old opened impressively with rounds of 67-63 for a one-stroke lead, but a Saturday 70 left him three back after 54 holes.

"I got a text message lesson from Greg Norman on Saturday night and he said he watched some of the coverage and he thought I looked a little short and a little quick," said McDowell. "He said to complete my backswing and be a bit more relaxed at address. So we had a text back and forward, he gave me a couple tips and I really worked hard on completing my backswing yesterday and this morning, and that’s one thing I have been working on with my coaches as well.

"He reminded me of some stuff. Obviously he’s one of my big heroes both on and off the golf course and that was nice to get a little positive reinforcement from the Shark."

Gmac going well again today, with a round of 4 under. Lying joint 9th. Great to see him in some decent form.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Gmac up to second now. 1 behind the joint leaders with a couple of holes to go.

Great position going into Sunday looking for back to back victories.

If he doesn't win it I hope kisner wins it. Deserves a victory with the year he has had.

It's just great to see GMac back in form. Delighted for the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Adam Scott started the day with a share of the lead in Australia, stumbled to a score of 6over 77......nice to see the pros are human too, although Scott seems to have more bad days than most!

So Kisner made it in the end - great to see. GMac's third has got him up nine places to number 53 in the world. That's great progress in two weeks.

Spieth came second in Australia....will that widen the gap between himself and Jason Day (who didn't play).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭abff

Spieth came second in Australia....will that widen the gap between himself and Jason Day (who didn't play).

Yes, it will add around 0.3 to the gap and will ensure that Spieth will stay at number one for the remainder of 2015, now that Day has withdrawn from the Hero World Challenge next week,

abff wrote: »
    Yes, it will add around 0.3 to the gap and will ensure that Spieth will stay at number one for the remainder of 2015, now that Day has withdrawn from the Hero World Challenge next week,

This morning Spieth 11.92, Day 11.61, Rory 11.35 ........it's anybody's really.

• Advertisement

Some good golf on at Tiger's event right now... great leaderboard. They also have the players mic'd well so nice to hear their dialogue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement