Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dumb and Dumber 2 (with Carey and Daniels)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

So it's back on?

Awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I love the title :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

I'm so happy I could sing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

If the script is half as good as the original, this will be great. I worry about the Farrelly Brothers though. They've been pumping out cack films for a decade now.

I think their comedy mojo is in the past. Hopefully not :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Oh my God. Dumb and Dumber is right up there as one of my all-time favourite movies and Jim Carrey is one of my all-time favourite people, so I can't wait. I hope it's good!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

20 years.........

mother-of-god-meme.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 85,021 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jim Carrey and Peter Farrelly want Emma Stone and Channing Tatum to join the sequel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Jim Carrey and Peter Farrelly want Emma Stone and Channing Tatum to join the sequel
    some how i doubt she will sign up to work with Carrey after his love video he made for her last year, unless it was a stunt they agreed on, i remember Jennifer Lawrence said that Stone asked her to diss her at the oscars for the laugh, strange bunch these actresses

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I hate warner brothers
    Bad news for Harry Dunne and Lloyd Christmas: they’ll have to set up shop elsewhere. Warner Bros. has decided not to move forward with the Dumb & Dumber sequel, Dumb & Dumber To,

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=37780

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

That is very annoying. Was hoping for this to go ahead followed by a Ace Ventura 3. Wishful thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Come on, most sensible decision they have made, there is no way this could have been good , not 20 years after the original - impossible.

name any sequel or prequel thats decent all that time after the original.

I thought Rocky Balboa was pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Im still clinging to hope this will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I thought Rocky Balboa was pretty good.

Good point ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Kinda glad this hasn't happened; with a few very notable exceptions, sequels are very often much inferior articles to the original.

Add in the time that has lapsed between the original and this proposed sequel, and I doubt it would have been as good at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Just when I thought Warner Bros. couldn't possibly be any dumber, they go and do something like this... and totally redeem themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Urgh.....This is going to end badly.

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Urgh.....This is going to end badly.

Have some faith ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,021 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kathleen Turner has joined the cast now

• Site Banned Posts: 51 ✭✭Tom M

DazMarz wrote: »
    Kinda glad this hasn't happened; with a few very notable exceptions, sequels are very often much inferior articles to the original.

Add in the time that has lapsed between the original and this proposed sequel, and I doubt it would have been as good at all.

It's obviously not going to be as good as the original, but so what, so long as it's a decent funny movie that's good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Basq wrote: »

You have no idea how happy this made me feel just now!

O god yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Only after seeing this for the first time, and i've had my heart lifted and broken 3 times (and lifted again) in 6 pages!!!

It won't be as good as the original, no one expects that. But if it's anywhere near as good as the first film, it'll be grand! I don't think Carrey would do it if he didn't think it was worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

^^this!!

It is also the reason he refused to do "bruce almighty 2: Bruce the second coming"........which is why we ended up with the sh!te "evan almighty"

he hates playing the same character, so he doesnt (AV is the exception)

He plays the same character in every movie I've seen him in.

prospect wrote: »
    He plays the same character in every movie I've seen him in.

I don't think you've seen many of his films so if you're of that belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Ah come on lads. He was the exact same character in Ace Ventura and The Number 23. The hawaiian shirts and ridiculous hair were completely were not of the intended tone of The Number 23, which made it worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Whoever said Jim Carrey doesn't do sequels needs to wake up and realise that Yes Man is just Liar Liar Part 2

Advertisement