Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread - Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

GodlikeRed wrote: »
    Are you trolling diograis?

You posted this around a month ago

'All Ireland Scholarship: Just got my results today, my 5 best are A1, A2x2 and B1x2. Are my chances of getting it in cork any good'

If you actually read the thread, my next post said that was my sister, and I wished people luck in getting it. So no :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

They need to close some windows in the reading room. Frozen in the place.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Buses. Always buses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭GodlikeRed

diograis wrote: »
    If you actually read the thread, my next post said that was my sister, and I wished people luck in getting it. So no :P

Aye,
    Unlucky bout the supplemental results.
    Try get super supps, could save you 6k!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 missdisco

ACADEMIC REGISTRY COULD YOU ANSWER YOUR GODDAMN EMAILS! ANY OF THEM! OR THE PHONE MESSAGES! I CAN'T REGISTER AND I THOUGHT YOU'D BE DYING TO TAKE MY POSTGRAD FEES MONEY.

Seriously, it's been a month, i understand being busy, but its been a month since I first enquired! It shouldn't even be that complicated.

I'd also like to say thank you to the higher education authority for requiring taught modules as part of a PhD, but I'm reassured that I'm not the only person who dislikes this.

missdisco wrote: »
    ACADEMIC REGISTRY COULD YOU ANSWER YOUR GODDAMN EMAILS! ANY OF THEM! OR THE PHONE MESSAGES! I CAN'T REGISTER AND I THOUGHT YOU'D BE DYING TO TAKE MY POSTGRAD FEES MONEY.

Seriously, it's been a month, i understand being busy, but its been a month since I first enquired! It shouldn't even be that complicated.

Best go in to them. I need to get a small item on my registration filled, literally a tick in a box, and my supervisor told me to stay away. They are at breaking point there and are swamped.
    I am going in Monday. Emails don't work it is better to deal with someone face to face, harder to say no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Couldnt register today, I handed in my FRS2 form a month ago into trinity. Trinity told me they have my form but are still waiting to hear back from my previous college. Surely thats what the FRS2 form was for, once its filled out should that not be sufficient?

Anyone have experience or issues about this form, and anyone know what other days I can register now?

Best go in to them. I need to get a small item on my registration filled, literally a tick in a box, and my supervisor told me to stay away. They are at breaking point there and are swamped.
    I am going in Monday. Emails don't work it is better to deal with someone face to face, harder to say no.

that got me nowhere, and i never have the time to go in. sigh.

that got me nowhere, and i never have the time to go in. sigh.

You've come to the right forum :D

• Advertisement

The smell of the men's toilets by the Edmund Burke theatre is nothing short of vomit inducing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭lfqnic

The inability of a group of grown-ass, educated women to pee in the toilet and then flush the chain never ceases to amaze and dishearten me. It's a LIBRARY for God's sake. Won't somebody think of the books?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

lfqnic wrote: »
    The inability of a group of grown-ass, educated women to pee in the toilet and then flush the chain never ceases to amaze and dishearten me. It's a LIBRARY for God's sake. Won't somebody think of the books?!

They pee on the books? :eek:

Ha, not yet. I was just feeling a bit Maud Flanders in my indignation :)

the ones down in the arts building by the cafe had the worst lighting a while back, but i don't know if they're still like that. i don't go near them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭Abby19

the ones down in the arts building by the cafe had the worst lighting a while back, but i don't know if they're still like that. i don't go near them!

The UV lights? They were there to make it harder to find veins. Those toilets are open to the public. A few pubs in the areas have the same lighting in the toilets.

Abby19 wrote: »
    The UV lights? They were there to make it harder to find veins. Those toilets are open to the public.

Yes, yes, 'members of the public.' Everyone knows its the Lecky Library staff!

The ring came off my pudding can :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭BlutendeRabe

Dónal wrote: »
    The ring came off my pudding can :(

Take my penknife, my good man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

Take my penknife, my good man.

I swear it's Springfield's only choice... Throw up your hands and raise your voice!

I swear it's Springfield's only choice... Throw up your hands and raise your voice!

But mainstreet's still all cracked and broken

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭EmmetOT

Sorry, mom, the mob has spoken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

MONORAAAAIIL!

9f10-big.jpg

Jammyc wrote: »
    MONORAAAAIIL!

9f10-big.jpg

Were you sent here by the devil?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

No good sir, I'm on the level

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

I love tourists me.

Legion. wrote: »
    I love tourists me.

Eh... Eh...

Not on your life my Hindu friend

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Edmond_Dantes

finding the science building getting colder , minor complaint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I hate TCDwifi so much right now. Got a new laptop, windows 8, tried to connect and it wouldn't let me until I installed updates, did just that and now when I run the bradford yoke it says I don't have the right programme to run it. Why the actual fuck is this process so awkward? I was in UCD over the summer, wasn't student or staff yet I could connect to the wifi in one click. Here I've just wasted the best part of three hours trying to get online only to have to resort to using my phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

The only defense I can make of tcd wifi is that it needs some sort of login.
    Reason being because we're in the city centre, you'd have every tom dick and Harry using it, because because it's free.
    It should however just need your student number and a password to log in and none of the rigmarole involved.

• Advertisement

Scortho wrote: »
    The only defense I can make of tcd wifi is that it needs some sort of login.
    Reason being because we're in the city centre, you'd have every tom dick and Harry using it, because because it's free.
    It should however just need your student number and a password to log in and none of the rigmarole involved.
    Oh I totally have no problem with the login, I just don't get why trinity needs a system that's such a colossal hassle they need to run clinics to help people use it when it could be as easy as clicking connect and giving a username and password.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

Lawliet wrote: »
    I hate TCDwifi so much right now. Got a new laptop, windows 8, tried to connect and it wouldn't let me until I installed updates, did just that and now when I run the bradford yoke it says I don't have the right programme to run it. Why the actual fuck is this process so awkward? I was in UCD over the summer, wasn't student or staff yet I could connect to the wifi in one click. Here I've just wasted the best part of three hours trying to get online only to have to resort to using my phone
    A lot of people on Windows 8 are having problems connecting, but apparently it's very easy to resolve. Go to the reception in Aras an Phiarsaigh and they'll sort it out for you in minutes.

folamh wrote: »
    A lot of people on Windows 8 are having problems connecting, but apparently it's very easy to resolve. Go to the reception in Aras an Phiarsaigh and they'll sort it out for you in minutes.

In fairness anyone who's able to use a computer should be able to connect to the wifi without needing assistance. Only in trinity would they make you jump through 20 hoop first. For christ sake dublin buses wifi registration is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

I can't connect to the Wifi cos the security package I bought isn't approved by the system or something. I've given up trying to connect with my laptop and just use the internet on my ipod if I need to look up something when I'm in the library. It's a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Last year, I got stuck in an endless frustrating loop trying to connect my laptop - it wouldn't let me connect to the internet until I updated my anti-virus definitions... and I couldn't update my anti-virus definitions until I connected to the internet!

Definitely wasted several hours of my life sorting out TCD wifi connections over my 4 years in college!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Pulled the wrong piece of paper out of a hat, now have no chance of doing a research project I'm really interested in for my M.Sc :(

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Pulled the wrong piece of paper out of a hat, now have no chance of doing a research project I'm really interested in for my M.Sc :(

Sorry to hear.

I suggest killing the competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Sorry to hear.

I suggest killing the competition.

Just got an email saying I've been assigned my project! No idea how or why, the course co-ordinator must have decided to allocate an extra space or something. So happy.

No idea how or why,
    Yeah, sure

Congrats anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The inability of people to turn up for group assignment meetings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

The state of the ladies toilets in gym after 6pm on weekdays (particularly Wednesdays for some reason). There's never any tissue left, bins are overflowing, water on the floor... and yet there isn't really a way to complain without sounding like a weirdo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,775 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I hate having to go into the Arts building because i know ill have to walk by dozens of people smoking. Cant wait til smoking is banned on campus

I hate having to go into the Arts building because i know ill have to walk by dozens of people smoking. Cant wait til smoking is banned on campus

I hope they don't.
    Instead of having 500 people smoking spread over 47 acres around the campus, every time I want to go outside the campus I'll have 100 congregated peoples smoke to walk through! :mad:
    Also trinity has a large residential population. What happens to them?
    What happens the tourists who come everyday? They can hardly keep of the grass. I suppose well have security coming along and whipping the cigarettes out of their hands.
    As a non smoker I'd prefer if they left it the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭BlutendeRabe

A) Use the goddamn side entrance near the 24 hour reading room if you find it that bad. (Few people use it)

B) Come on. How long does it take to weave your way through the evil smokers? 5 seconds top.

C) As above, if they ban it you'll have to do the same through the Nassau street gate.

D) Your post wasn't a rant, a bitch or a moan. It was a whine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

My password has suddenly stopped working for blackboard & the TCD wifi. :(
    Perfect timing too, since this weekend is the only time so far I've had an assignment due through blackboard.

Anyone know why my account would be locked like this? I haven't forgotten my password cos it's the same one I used just yesterday that was working fine.. Guess it's over to ISS on monday morning..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

My password has suddenly stopped working for blackboard & the TCD wifi. :(
    Perfect timing too, since this weekend is the only time so far I've had an assignment due through blackboard.

Anyone know why my account would be locked like this? I haven't forgotten my password cos it's the same one I used just yesterday that was working fine.. Guess it's over to ISS on monday morning..

Has your password expired? It has to be changed every few months, I can't remember how often exactly but I think its roughly every 6 months or so.

Jammyc wrote: »
    Has your password expired? It has to be changed every few months, I can't remember how often exactly but I think its roughly every 6 months or so.
    I thought that system had stopped, I've had the same password since summer of 2012 and never been notified to change it like I use to be

I thought that system had stopped, I've had the same password since summer of 2012 and never been notified to change it like I use to be

Me too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I tried again this morning and it appears to be working now. So a little bit more relaxed, although this is still rant-worthy material as I'd hoped to get all of my work done yesterday!

Advertisement