Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

You have to think someone's not making it out of this season alive...

16 episodes to go before the summer cliffhanger and the candidates for sudden death seem to be Cathal, Berni, Evan, Eoin, Eimear, Frances, Mack or Caitríona. I've left Tadhg off the list, because let's face it he's indestructable.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Spoiler button doesn't work on mobile but I know who dies!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

swiftman wrote: »
    Spoiler button doesn't work on mobile but I know who dies!!!!

Who? PM me?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭maureencol

"16 episodes to go before the summer cliffhanger and the candidates for sudden death seem to be Cathal, Berni, Evan, Eoin, Eimear, Frances, Mack or Caitríona. I've left Tadhg off the list, because let's face it he's indestructable."

I'm thinking it will either be Cathal or Eoin. Berni, Mack and Caitriona have been in it for so long I don't think they would finish them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 siochain705

Please, let it be Cathal! I am so sick of his selfish madness!

Of course, now that you've laid out a list of possibilities, I think it would be incredible to have it be Eimear. I really, really like her as a character, but she could die in a way that just wrecked Eoin and turned him on his head about his mom and her alcoholism.

If I was better at following the actors I might have a clue if any of them want to leave the show, that's a good reason for a character death, too.

Also, they seem to have pulled way back on the "secret" between Eoin and Frances. It feels like having a whole barrel of gun powder sitting there for two or three episodes, and then getting it wet. Very anti-climatic.

Ugh, this is why the Thursday episode is so hard! I can't wait until Tuesday!

• Advertisement

Please, let it be Cathal! I am so sick of his selfish madness!

Of course, now that you've laid out a list of possibilities, I think it would be incredible to have it be Eimear. I really, really like her as a character, but she could die in a way that just wrecked Eoin and turned him on his head about his mom and her alcoholism.

If I was better at following the actors I might have a clue if any of them want to leave the show, that's a good reason for a character death, too.

Also, they seem to have pulled way back on the "secret" between Eoin and Frances. It feels like having a whole barrel of gun powder sitting there for two or three episodes, and then getting it wet. Very anti-climatic.

Ugh, this is why the Thursday episode is so hard! I can't wait until Tuesday!

It's no official list or anything, just my own theories of who could possibly go.

The good thing about Ros na Rún is they stop filming for the year in March and don't resume again until July, so you still wouldn't know if anyone left the show because they all do other projects in the mean time.

It's sad how excited I am for Ros na Run tomorrow night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Please, let it be Cathal! I am so sick of his selfish madness! !

Nooooooooooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

You have to think someone's not making it out of this season alive...

16 episodes to go before the summer cliffhanger and the candidates for sudden death seem to be Cathal, Berni, Evan, Eoin, Eimear, Frances, Mack or Caitríona. I've left Tadhg off the list, because let's face it he's indestructable.

And it wouldn't be the same without Tadhg, IMO.

Best episode in a long time!!

• Advertisement

Oh my gosh! I cannot believe that we're still hanging by a thread with the Cathal-Bernie-Evan situation!

I don't understand where Frances is going, must have lost track of that.

And I'm a little lost about why Maire doesn't want Sara there. They don't get along, sure, but this seems specifically different.

I guess I've got to wait until Thursday!

Oh my gosh! I cannot believe that we're still hanging by a thread with the Cathal-Bernie-Evan situation!

I don't understand where Frances is going, must have lost track of that.

And I'm a little lost about why Maire doesn't want Sara there. They don't get along, sure, but this seems specifically different.

I guess I've got to wait until Thursday!

I've lost track of the Tadgh/Francis situation too, it's dragging on a bit.

I think the reason Máire doesn't want Sarah coming is because she was behind hiding the letter from Peadar from that woman telling her about his children.

I think you're right about Máire/Sarah. I was lost online somewhere and read/heard that Máire is being protective because of the upset with Peadar.

I thought that the Cathal situation would have some resolution by the end of the episode on Tuesday, now I'm wondering if they will even wrap it up by the end of the episode tomorrow!

I wonder if Lee will eventually come back when Eoin is unmasked. I kind of miss Lee, I think Róisín Ní Chualáin did a good job of giving her some depth over the last few episodes that she was in. She seemed genuinely loving, and exhausted and conflicted all at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Garrett Phillips is doing a class job as Cathal!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭maureencol

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Garrett Phillips is doing a class job as Cathal!
    Oh yes!!! He is great. Too bad he is gone now. What an excellent episode!!!!!

Poor Evan! Noone could blame him for punching Cathal but now no doubt he'll be done for murder...

He could only ever leave the show in one way... Karma is a b**ch... Fantastic performance though - another classic villain gone to the big Ros na Rún Graveyard in the sky...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Wow. That was a brilliant twist with Evan at the end, bringing a whole new dimension to the story. It's kinda like the Jason and Barry thing a couple years ago, but with witnesses and a body they can't just dump and run from. Some great acting all round on that plot!

I still don't know what to make of Eoin, but I like how complicated they're making his character. He's evil and the Frances thing was sickening, but he obviously cares about Aine and his mother (and Eimear). I'm not sure how he can justify trying to kill Jason (and Eimear IIRC) earlier in the series though! Surely caring about Aine would mean he shouldn't want to do anything that would affect her as collateral damage? Or maybe he's just insane.

Oh and it was weird seeing Peadar so angry! Good acting there too.

Think RnR is finally back on track. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Muireann wolfsbane the yank

maureencol wrote: »
    Oh yes!!! He is great. Too bad he is gone now. What an excellent episode!!!!!
    Wow. That was a brilliant twist with Evan at the end, bringing a whole new dimension to the story. It's kinda like the Jason and Barry thing a couple years ago, but with witnesses and a body they can't just dump and run from. Some great acting all round on that plot!

I still don't know what to make of Eoin, but I like how complicated they're making his character. He's evil and the Frances thing was sickening, but he obviously cares about Aine and his mother (and Eimear). I'm not sure how he can justify trying to kill Jason (and Eimear IIRC) earlier in the series though! Surely caring about Aine would mean he shouldn't want to do anything that would affect her as collateral damage? Or maybe he's just insane.

Oh and it was weird seeing Peadar so angry! Good acting there too.

Think RnR is finally back on track. :D

Yay for that. And I agree I don't know what to make of Eoin either. But I like how he fell for Eimear in the end, even after wanting to kill her. And honestly they make a cute couple. As for Tadgh it would be nice to see him get his for once though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

What a great show...the last few weeks have been very exciting. Seeing Cathal lose it bit by bit. The wedding set up in the garage really showed how mad he was. Even killing him was such a twist.

It kinda looked like it was the last episode as there was no preview of next week...is it the end of the season already or they did that for dramatic effect?

• Advertisement

What a great show...the last few weeks have been very exciting. Seeing Cathal lose it bit by bit. The wedding set up in the garage really showed how mad he was. Even killing him was such a twist.

It kinda looked like it was the last episode as there was no preview of next week...is it the end of the season already or they did that for dramatic effect?

Dramatic Effect. There's another 7 or 8 weeks of episodes left before they finish for the summer. June 11th I think is the season finale...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Dramatic Effect. There's another 7 or 8 weeks of episodes left before they finish for the summer. June 11th I think is the season finale...

Thanks I really was wondering there.

I was wondering too!

I just don't see how they can get Evan for murder, he was trying to get Cathal away from the car to save his mother.

Cathal had already proved murderous intent. Punching him was well justified, I think.

But, where would the drama be in that!

Can't wait for the next episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭dogcat

Just started watching last week (missing Thursday's episode) and I must say the acting is much better than Fair City!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Bobbi Lee and that ****ing guitar!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

dogcat wrote: »
    Just started watching last week (missing Thursday's episode) and I must say the acting is much better than Fair City!

Although I would never miss it I really wouldnt think much of the acting

Wow, Colm Ó Fátharta is doing a great job! I love the many complicated reactions that Evan is going through. A nicely complicated set up.

Sarah couldn't be more dense if she were made out of osmium. Good to see Peadar stand his ground.

Looks like things might be coming to a head with Eoin. Big crisis for Tadhg's family coming up on Thursday!

Bobbi Lee keeps getting taken down a peg. I wonder if her character will change any from the experience... nah!

Will Cathal have a funeral? What a mixed bag that would be.

Wow. I want to know what's been going on with Mack!

Nice family drama at the B&B.

You gotta love Tadhg. The show would be missing something special without Macdara Ó Fatharta behind that bar...

• Advertisement

The Eoin story is going on way too long...

Advertisement