Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you live - Reviews! (All Accommodation Qs go here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 12137995

Hi I'm renting out my room from January, it's beside the Kemmy exit in college court and is €225 a month. You'd be living with 1 3rd year and 3 second year engineers. UPC is €10 a month. If you're looking for summer accommodation too there will be 3 or 4 rooms available from the end of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Hi,
    Postgrad here. Looking for a room from January on. Ideally within walking distance to UL and sharing with other postgrads. A big ask...I know
    :D:D:P

If anyone is renting out a room from January on please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dutchraptor

Groody is absolute bull****.
    The houses are alright, but dear god the internet is bad. My average speed is 0.8mb, yesterday my connection dropped to 0.2.
    It's ridiculous considering it says on their website
    We provide free fibre power broadband, A secure broadband connection ensures the student can download any information needed to complete projects etc.
    I pay 3200 for a two semesters and they expect me to deal with this disconnecting crap. It is in no way secure!

The worst part is when I went to complain, they just sent an "engineer" down to speedtest it. He did nothing else, said it was fine. So I went again and asked why the hell the internet is capped, and they tell me that they need to but that I can get an upgrade if I want to pay more!

If you are thinking of going to groody, you should seriously re-considering it. Can you live without internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Groody is absolute bull****.
    The houses are alright, but dear god the internet is bad. My average speed is 0.8mb, yesterday my connection dropped to 0.2.
    It's ridiculous considering it says on their website
    I pay 3200 for a two semesters and they expect me to deal with this disconnecting crap. It is in no way secure!

The worst part is when I went to complain, they just sent an "engineer" down to speedtest it. He did nothing else, said it was fine. So I went again and asked why the hell the internet is capped, and they tell me that they need to but that I can get an upgrade if I want to pay more!

If you are thinking of going to groody, you should seriously re-considering it. Can you live without internet?

I second this. Due to the internet issue and various other issues I would not return to Groody, or recommend it to anyone. Glad I'm moving out in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wallace2

Hey lads whats the story with friends staying the night in plassey/kilmurrey? Also is kilmurrey as good for first years as plassey supposedly is? and do any of ye find it annoying having a single bed and having to share 2 bathrooms with 8 people, cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 12137995

wallace2 wrote: »
    Hey lads whats the story with friends staying the night in plassey/kilmurrey? Also is kilmurrey as good for first years as plassey supposedly is? and do any of ye find it annoying having a single bed and having to share 2 bathrooms with 8 people, cheers!

I lived in Plassey last year, it was absolutely unreal. You get used to only having 2 bathrooms with 8 people, but if ya find your shower isn't working complain about it straight away, we kinda ignored it and got ****ed over in the end.

It kinda varies each year, last year Plassey was the place to be but the two years before that it was Kilmurry and we went to visit our old house this semester and it was kinda dry. It's fun if ya make it fun tbh. The single bed is fairly big for a single bed so it's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

Hey if you're an incoming first year then I would go for Plassey without a doubt :) Security is stricter in Kilmurry so things like parties and friends sleeping over can have complications :rolleyes: Plassey is much more relaxed. As for the bathroom thing in Plassey anyway the guys are downstairs and the girls are upstairs so in reality you're really only sharing a bathroom between 4 :) Plus you have you're own sink in your bedroom so it's really only for the shower and the toilet is the only thing in the bathroom to share, be glad you don't all have to brush your teeth and shave etc. in the one bathroom :pac: The single bed thing: you'll get over it :)

Pai Mei wrote: »
    Hey if you're an incoming first year then I would go for Plassey without a doubt :) Security is stricter in Kilmurry so things like parties and friends sleeping over can have complications :rolleyes: Plassey is much more relaxed. As for the bathroom thing in Plassey anyway the guys are downstairs and the girls are upstairs so in reality you're really only sharing a bathroom between 4 :) Plus you have you're own sink in your bedroom so it's really only for the shower and the toilet is the only thing in the bathroom to share, be glad you don't all have to brush your teeth and shave etc. in the one bathroom :pac: The single bed thing: you'll get over it :)

Ah cheers for the info lad! definitely sounds like plassey is the better choice alright, was just thinking kilmurrey because i hope to do PE and have heard kilmurrey is much closer to the pess building..wouldje happen to know how far plassey is from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

Ah cheers for the info lad! definitely sounds like plassey is the better choice alright, was just thinking kilmurrey because i hope to do PE and have heard kilmurrey is much closer to the pess building..wouldje happen to know how far plassey is from it?

No problem :) Kilmurrey would be closer to PESS but to be fair it's only like a ten to twelve minute walk from Plassey into the main building and PESS is just behind that anyway. If you don't mind walking in then I suggest you stick with Plassey :) Be better craic anyway in Plassey and cost is just the same :)

Any one have any info to share on the courtyard village? would be going in to first year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

1 room available with first years for 2nd Semester

Details here:

https://www.facebook.com/JCPropertyIreland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 queenann

GLAD TO SEE THAT TWISTED EVIL BITCH IS GONE FROM KILMURRY VILLAGE. new manager there now, happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

I'm looking for someone to take my place in a house for the second semester, in Castlebrook, College Court. Its a 6 bedroom house, only about a 5 minute walk into college. The house is very well equipped, has a 42" Flatscreen TV, Two Kitchens, 4 bathrooms, 3 showers. The house is warm, comes with flowgas heating. The rest is €75 a week, this includes high speed broadband and sky plus tv. If anyones interested can you PM me, or email 10117784@studentmail.ul.ie
    http://www.ulsu.ie/rooms/int/418

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

2 double rooms to rent for the semester in alder close, elm park for the semester. €50/week

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Anyone with past experience know if you can stay in Groody over the New Year? There'd be no point in ringing/emailing them now as I highly doubt they'll be back in the office between now and then...

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

iLaura wrote: »
    Anyone with past experience know if you can stay in Groody over the New Year? There'd be no point in ringing/emailing them now as I highly doubt they'll be back in the office between now and then...
    of course you can your paying for it

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

If anyones stuck for a room for next semester, Ive still got one in Brookfield available. PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

There's a room available in Briarfield for next semester if anyones interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Luize wrote: »
    There's a room available in Briarfield for next semester if anyones interested :)

Details here: https://www.facebook.com/JCPropertyIreland?ref=hl

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ULRent1

Room for rent in the Birches, Briarfield for next semester.

Double bed room for €55 p.w!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 stommy

im thinking of going to ul next year.
    Whats the best place to live in terms of accomodation

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

stommy wrote: »
    im thinking of going to ul next year.
    Whats the best place to live in terms of accomodation

It depends on what you're looking for out of your accommodation but for first years, I would recommend Kilmurry or Plassey. Out of those, most people would say Plassey but I was in Kilmurry for first year and I loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭marvin_spazz

I have a large double room ensuite that im looking to rent out asap. 70 per week. It is located in the orchards which is about 15 mins walk to the college and beside all shops and pub. The room has loads of space and house has all mod cons with sky tv and broadband.

pm me if you to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Oaklawns18

Folks - Have 4 rooms available Oaklawns for immediate move in - 5 mins to UL

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Oaklawns18

Oaklawns18 wrote: »
    Folks - Have 4 rooms available Oaklawns for immediate move in - 5 mins to UL

Castletroy limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Any idea on when the accommodation booking opens for on-campus accommodation?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭iamyourending

jamo2oo9 wrote: »

It's usually at the end of February/start of March...Dromroe always fills up straight after the applications open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

jamo2oo9 wrote: »

It's listed on the UL site as end of February.

Beneath Apply Now Button

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mossybreen

There is a new website set up recently that would be a perfect place to collect your opinions on student accommodation. I'd love if you could take a look and let me know what you think of it (I made it :)).

http://www.letcheck.eu/

There are already some reviews for the campus accommodation in UL:
    http://www.letcheck.eu/a/5832/limerick/limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

When is the best time to start looking for houses. A soon to be postgraduate student looking for somewhere quiet cheap but with less restrictions.

Advertisement