Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Berlin 2010 - September

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

4 stars (good)
    Pixsar wrote: »
    Hey VR.. Your travelling from Waterford? We're flyin out form Galway Fri. My brother was supposed to travell with ye I think but had to wihtdraw..Have ye anybody looking for Sub 4???

Best of Luck and hope to see ye at the after show party:D

Probaly a differnt group but I reckon I have 2 lads going for sub 4..........one 3.45 one that will run at 3.15 and could run anything.......Another lad that will run sub 3.15 another 2.58 and well me I will win the fcuking thing.
    But you know yourelf. Stick with the pacer if its a time that has pacers.
    Will be outside hotel berlin berlin sat evening at 5 wearing the kilkenny jersey watchinh the inline skating throwing sticks on the road.:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭opus

4 stars (good)
    Pixsar wrote: »
    Again good sound advice.. We're at the grand city excelsior so i'll get my bearings once we arive.. Second option sounds good too.. just tempted by the fact it finishes in the Olympic Stadium:confused:

I'm staying at that place as well. Think I'll put off deciding on the breakfast run 'til I get there especially as it looks like it's going to be a nice wet Sat going by the forecast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Pixsar

4 stars (good)
    Probaly a differnt group but I reckon I have 2 lads going for sub 4..........one 3.45 one that will run at 3.15 and could run anything.......Another lad that will run sub 3.15 another 2.58 and well me I will win the fcuking thing.
    But you know yourelf. Stick with the pacer if its a time that has pacers.
    Will be outside hotel berlin berlin sat evening at 5 wearing the kilkenny jersey watchinh the inline skating throwing sticks on the road.:D:D

LOL :D:D:D Briliant See you there..

4 stars (good)
    Right so, best of luck to everyone on Sunday! I'm off to Germany this afternoon. The weather for Sat looks to be ok so think I'll do the breakfast run thingy to soak up the atmosphere a bit. Feel like I'm about to go sit an exam that I've been studying for the last few months for :)

For the post race drinks that KC mentioned, just wondering how to track people down as I don't know anyone on here, figure there will be more than a few milling around by the time I finish. Open to suggestions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,533 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

4 stars (good)
    opus wrote: »
    Right so, best of luck to everyone on Sunday! I'm off to Germany this afternoon. The weather for Sat looks to be ok so think I'll do the breakfast run thingy to soak up the atmosphere a bit. Feel like I'm about to go sit an exam that I've been studying for the last few months for :)

For the post race drinks that KC mentioned, just wondering how to track people down as I don't know anyone on here, figure there will be more than a few milling around by the time I finish. Open to suggestions!
    PM me your mobile number, and I'll send you mine back. That way if you can't find us, just send me a text and I'll let you know where we are...
    Enjoy the couple of days! Stay healthy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,402 ✭✭✭plodder

Good luck to everyone running this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭dermCu

All the best you lucky lucky bas****s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭Peckham

Does anyone (Krusty maybe? :)) have a checklist for packing for the marathon. Am sure someone posted one here before. I have my list written, but am sure something obvious is missing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭Peckham

BBC Weather forecasting heavy rain in Berlin for Sunday and Monday. Pack the wet gear!

• Advertisement

4 stars (good)
    Peckham wrote: »
    Does anyone (Krusty maybe? :)) have a checklist for packing for the marathon. Am sure someone posted one here before. I have my list written, but am sure something obvious is missing!
    What, you think I'm some kind of over-prepared boy-scout? :mad:
    I'll see if I can dig it out later. :)

4 stars (good)
    Not too worried about the rain. Most concerned about the 6 to 7 m/s winds (21-25km/hour), which will hit us around the 29-39km mark.
    Still, always good to remain optimistic! There'll be lots of beer afterwards.

4 stars (good)
    Peckham wrote: »
    BBC Weather forecasting heavy rain in Berlin for Sunday and Monday. Pack the wet gear!

Please no! There was rain of biblical proportions during my first marathon in Cork back in June so I'll feel very hard done by if it repeats in Berlin :)

4 stars (good)
    opus wrote: »
    Please no! There was rain of biblical proportions during my first marathon in Cork back in June so I'll feel very hard done by if it repeats in Berlin :)
    Aren't you heading over today? Can you give us live updates on the hour (every hour?) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

best of luck all - just remember you're on video - so keep it tidy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

Just seen that eurosport showing this live on sunday morning from 7.45

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭psychozeb

4 stars (good)
    picked up my number today,was reasonably busy there,probably mad there on saturday.was very warm here today,there's also an irish pub near where krusty's meeting place is on the ground floor of the s-bahn station called the kilkenny irish bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Caprica

4 stars (good)
    Good luck to everyone on Sunday, hope we all get the times we are looking for. Hoping the wind will not be as bad as predicted.

Bags packed, on 7:30am Aer Lingus flight tomorrow morning, plan to register tomorrow afternoon and then rest up for the race.

Looking forward to a few beers afterwards, hopefully get to see a few of you there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

4 stars (good)
    Caprica wrote: »
    Good luck to everyone on Sunday, hope we all get the times we are looking for. Hoping the wind will not be as bad as predicted.

Bags packed, on 7:30am Aer Lingus flight tomorrow morning, plan to register tomorrow afternoon and then rest up for the race.

Looking forward to a few beers afterwards, hopefully get to see a few of you there.

The pleasant sounding forecast from earlier in the week has given way to forecasts of rain or heavy rain on 7 diff. weather sites that I checked tonight, so yes, I'll definitely be packing pre-race gear for wet weather including that old favourite little black number "le sac de refuse" !

However, all of the forecasts seem to indicate light or negligible wind speeds...........I guess Sun. morning will reveal all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

4 stars (good)
    En route to the airport. Best of luck to everyone this weekend! Looking forward to the beers now.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Best of luck to everyone running, looking forward to the race reports and new PBs.

• Advertisement

4 stars (good)
    Aren't you heading over today? Can you give us live updates on the hour (every hour?) :)

Well it's a very plesant morning where I am at the moment, roundabout 300km south of Berlin. Alreadz 21C at 1030am. Unforunatelz I won't be able to provide hourlz updates :)

Yr.no's forecast doesnät look as bad todaz so fingers crossed.

(Peskz Geman kezboards!)

4 stars (good)
    Flew this morning with Aer Lingus, airport was busy big queue at security but it moved pretty quickly. A very athletic looking flight, full of lean, trim passengers. It´s been quite warm here all day. Landed just before 11 to bright blue skies and sun, it feels really summery. Not sure if I would like that for race day.

Staying near checkpoint charlie, which was quite handy for registration only 4 stops on the u-bahn. Registration was in an old airport, you could still see the check in areas. It all ran smoothly, I was there not long after 3 and there was very little queing for numbers or for your chip. Left around 5 and the crowds arriving were pretty big

Lots of different sport shoes companies there, which kinda surprised me with Adidas being the one of the main sponsors (I thought so anyway) . The Gel Kayano is cheaper back in Dublin, DCM has a stand there. Bought a one of the official race t-shirts. When I entered I went for one of the race finishers jerseys, it was okay, if I didn't go for it I wouldn't be missing much.

Forgot that I need an international adapter so am using the hotel internet. The keyboard is a bit different. Z is where Y should be. Bit wrecked from the early flight so will hit the sack shortly I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

3 stars (average)
    That's me now ready to face my executioner with a clear conscience....
    Flight early tomorrow and will arrive in Berlin for 2 ish.
    Thankfully Village Runner offered to collect my no. + race pack, so no pressure time-wise. This guy is uber efficient as he text me to let me know that he had collected race no. at 5:00 this evening. If ever VR offers to collect race nos. for you, snap his hand off.

Weather looks alot more benign now - cloudy light winds and if there is any rain it will be very light.

Good luck everyone - we'll enjoy a Kilkenny beer on Sunday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

You can sign up for free sms updates here

Some numbers:
    7135 Krusty
    F3535 Emer911
    21110 Peckham
    13227 Village Runner

Thats all I know, anyone want to add their bib no.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Best of luck to everyone participating on Sunday. Hope it all goes well for ye!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

3 stars (average)

Some numbers:
    7135 Krusty
    F3535 Emer911
    21110 Peckham
    13227 Village Runner
    7325 eliwallach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

eliwallach wrote: »

Some numbers:
    7135 Krusty
    F3535 Emer911
    21110 Peckham
    13227 Village Runner
    7325 eliwallach

What are you shooting for Eli? I had noticed that your Times and overall mileage for the year are almost identical to mine......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Best of luck tomorrow everybody. You all must be on a knife edge at the moment. Im not even in Berlin and Im finding the tension unbearable!!

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

4 stars (good)
    Its nice and dry over here atm..no sign of rain we were promised...Went 2 expo yesterday and despite the huge crowds it was well organised tough there were no freebee's to b had!!!

This morning took a visit to the start/finish area..It was like a ghost town..Nice to look around and get bearings for tomorrow.. bit of sightseeing now but 2 b honest mind is on tomorrow's race..I wish it was today:)

Jez me and my big mouth...piss*ng down atm... Its going 2 b difficult for the skaters if this rain keeps up..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

4 stars (good)
    some rain here today like the irish winter. Surface good though so hopefully it wont rain from 7to 9 in hte morning.
    Chelsea played man city at 1.45pm here today. Strange.;););)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Best of luck tomorrow folks

4 stars (good)
    eliwallach wrote: »

Some numbers:
    7135 Krusty
    F3535 Emer911
    21110 Peckham
    13227 Village Runner
    7325 eliwallach
    7350 Caprica

It is a miserable morning here. Wet and a bit of a wind. It has been raining all night, hopefully it will ease of before the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Apparently Krusty is through halfway in 1:23:53.
    Village Runner 1:27:25.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

And VR through half way in 1:27. REgretting signing up for these now, bloody woke me up.:pac:

Anyone watching it btw? Spotted any boards vests?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭Morgoth

Anyone watching it btw? Spotted any boards vests?

Can't?

Only links I can find are Eurosport (need subscription) or n-tv (must be in Germany).

Got out of bed to watch the second half. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Got out of bed too to watch this sh*t. No helicopter is a killer for tv coverage.

I have eurosport uk so it's on my tellybox.

Anyone get word on Peckham? I'm hoping I've either not signed up for his or they haven't sent it?

Edit: or DP put up the wrong number, just got a text about some random. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Great to be able to see the elites now, Makau for the win after his 2'04 in rotterdam.

Got it. Peckham went through half way in 1:29

Elliwach just coming up to half way.

KC must be just hitting 30k, he got to 25k in 1:39

• Advertisement

KC hit 30k in 1:59.
    VR in 2:04

Caprica went through half way in 1:29.

Elliwach went through the half as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭aero2k

Wow,

That's 2:47 pace for Krusty. Excellent running, and the other lads are looking good too.

Thanks for the updates.

Peckham through 30k in 2:07, as is Caprica. They're both running at the same pace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

Peckham through 30k in 2:07, as is Caprica. They're both running at the same pace.

peckham and caprica's pacing looks to be bang on - coming up to crunch time for everyone now though.

35k in 2:19:25 for Krusty, still on target...

The clown is flying. Emer is going strong too.

Kebede doing a menopause at the finish line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

xebec wrote: »
    35k in 2:19:25 for Krusty, still on target...

The last was his fastest 5k split. A 2:47 is his, comon
    Peckham was very steady too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

Abhainn wrote: »
    The last was his fastest 5k split. A 2:47 is his, comon
    Peckham was very steady too

good going from krusty, he will finish strong too id say...big negative split!

VR hit 35k in 2:24

Caprica 2:27

Peckham 2:28

Peckham maintaining a great, steady pace.

Seems to have been a bit faster on that 5k, think that was the fastest 5k for all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

KiwiRunner (sub-3 pacer for Dublin) 1:20:07 at halfway
    TRunner 1:28:22 at half.

edit- where are people getting the 5k splits? My texts just gave the half times.

Emer911 through half in 2:12:10

• Advertisement
Advertisement