Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N7 - Newlands Cross upgrade

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

:D
    mackerski wrote: »
    Thanks for the vid - but do stop lines not apply to bikes any more?
    What a great addition to the thread! Thanks a million. Id suggest starting a new thread if you want to scrutinise the rules of the road, as I'm probably not the best person to ask!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

There's plenty of other threads discussing cyclist behaviour - let's stay on topic.

Mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Great video - havent been up that way in a while, amazed at the amount of work they have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Thanks for taking the time to make and download the video Buzzfish, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

what's the traffic like here these days? Hoping to leave the city at 5 today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

chewed wrote: »

I usually come back into town that way every couple of weeks, haven't noticed any unusual delays recently.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

It was fairly hectic today when I was passing through after 5, but to be honest I think that is just your standard Friday rush hour traffic coupled with congestion further up the N7.

Really looking forward to when this flyover is built though just to get rid of that last set of traffic lights!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Roryhy

Davy wrote: »

Looks like they will have to drop the left turn at newlands to build the last 2 supports for the flyover.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭jd

Some photos (same day as video)

301730.jpg

• Advertisement

I think they are managing the traffic very well and I don't think the construction work is adding much in the way of additional delay at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭rameire

Roryhy wrote: »
    Looks like they will have to drop the left turn at newlands to build the last 2 supports for the flyover.

They are building slip lanes to the left of the video picture. So lanes will be moved to those new lanes to help with adding the extra pillars I believe

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

rameire wrote: »
    They are building slip lanes to the left of the video picture. So lanes will be moved to those new lanes to help with adding the extra pillars I believe

To see the above slip lanes and phase 3 which assists in building the extra pillars

Page 21 to 28 in the below document

http://www.sdcc.ie/sites/default/files/publications//hi-4-newlands-cross-presentation.pdf

I'm thinking this change will have the greatest effect on traffic Dublin bound as everybody will probably try get into the right hand lane which reduces to 1 lane after the lights

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

To see the above slip lanes and phase 3 which assists in building the extra pillars

http://www.sdcc.ie/sites/default/files/publications//hi-4-newlands-cross-presentation.pdf

I'm thinking this change will have the greatest effect on traffic Dublin bound as everybody will probably try get into the right hand lane which reduces to 1 lane after the lights

That document was well hidden. I'm surprised that it isn't one of the first items in the list of search results for "Newlands Cross" in Google. Thanks for that.

agreed 100%. I think i mentioned that myself previously in the thread. This is where the traffic headaches will really start. Looking the other day, the tarmac is being laid currently for the new lanes (to the left inbound).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

jd wrote: »
    I think they are managing the traffic very well and I don't think the construction work is adding much in the way of additional delay at the moment.

well, it took me over 1.5 hours to get from Amiens St to City West on Wednesday, even though I left at 5pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Jayuu

Came into the M50 last Thursday in the evening through Newlands. Maybe it was just a one off but while traffic did move along and we weren't delayed that long I would advise peple to avoid the left hand lane (which eventually becomes the M50N turnoff) until after the traffic lights. When I stopped first in the traffic there was a truck beside me in the middle lane. By the time it got through the lights I was still nearly 200m away from them in the left hand lane.

As I say it was my first time doing that journey so maybe other people who do it regularly might have different experiences.

well, it took me over 1.5 hours to get from Amiens St to City West on Wednesday, even though I left at 5pm!
    But on the other hand I've hadn't issues coming from the Northside, around the M50 and out to Citywest!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Anyone needing to use the M50NB coming from the Naas Road may also wish to consider using the Grange Castle/Lucan turn off (just after Citywest turnoff) and then join the N4 to bring you back onto the M50 (or indeed into town via Heuston).

I always use that anyway to get over to Clonsilla/Clonee and avoid the M50 and it's tolls as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Roryhy

10325585_773923062618370_4220289477372302056_n.jpg
    Burst water main at Newlands Cross today, works related or coincidence?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Junction still closed as of now,traffic Garda bored out of his arse said it should be re-opened by 3/4am.

Water only came back on an hour ago or so.Second time in a few months the water main has burst here.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭regedit

Junction up-and-running today (Monday). Yesterday, though was chaotic! Took us a hour and a half to get from Newbridge to Red Cow. Typical Irish traffic jam. No proper signs indicating what was happening, people jumping lanes (taking left lane and even signalling turning into Baldonnel or CityWest and then in the last moment, dangerously signalling that they changed their mind (having traveled for half a km or so) that they want to return to N7. Traffic lights at Fonthill (where the diversion brought us to) were not set to reflect this diversion and only 5-7 cars could pass through before lights changed...Shambles.

Also, not sure if planned or not, but the lights were out on Saturday Morning about 11am. Loads of Gardaí doing a great job as usual keeping things running as smoothly as possible.

Burst watermain again.

road closed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Burst watermain again.

road closed

Some joke given the evening it is..

is now starting to re-open outbound,

inbound is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Red line carnage on Google traffic map at the mo. Avoid like the plague......................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

No bloody water again,inbound still closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

This was just after the pipe burst.

https://vimeo.com/93623091

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

The big stack of pipes on the left of the video suggest the works burst the mains....
    I wonder who's gonna pay for the water....

Advertisement