Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Epicurus wrote: »
    Thought tonights episode with Aaron and Paddy was fantastic. The actor who plays Aaron gave such a great performance, very heartfelt and emotional, Paddy telling him how much he hated him at first and wanted to get rid of him and now he loves him and thinks of him as a son, it was terrific, and i'm glad they shared that hug, very poignant indeed.

I love the way they are taking on this "gay" storyline, I love that they havent made the guys in the bar camp, and Jackson also. I heard that Aaron comes back and starts to have a relationship with Jackson, or tries to fight it at least and all the while they are showing how difficult it is for guys who are so confused like Aaron.
    It makes them realise they don't have to be so typically camp to be gay!
    Its brilliant! Last nights episode was amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,026 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

NEW Emmerdale hunk Jason Merrells lands in a mum-and-daughter love triangle after he joins the soap next month.

Ready for romance ... Natasha, Amanda Donohoe
    Jason - stylist Gavin in Cutting It - arrives on the scene as tycoon Declan.

The handsome businessman acquires a stake in Home Farm when murderess Natasha Wylde finds herself strapped for cash and seeks investors.

It's not long before Declan finds his relationship with Natasha (Amanda Donohue) turns from business to pleasure.

But then he gets distracted - by Natasha's leggy blonde daughter Maisie (Alice Coulthard).

A source told TV Biz: "Declan and Natasha hit it off straight away and it's clear there is a romantic spark between them.

"But then Declan meets Maisie. Natasha is trying to hide her emotions. She is in turmoil because she's living with the guilt of killing her husband Mark and the fear of getting caught."

Meanwhile, Maisie, fresh from her stay in a psychiatric clinic, is on the prowl for a fella after her last serious boyfriend turned out to be her half-brother Ryan (James Sutton).

Our source added: "Maisie needs a man in her life and thinks Declan is perfect.

"She's desperate to get over her relationship with Ryan and doesn't consider her mother's feelings."

Essex-born Jason, 41, was revealed last month as the new heart-throb in ITV1's Yorkshire soap.

He played receptionist Matt Hawley in Casualty and his other TV credits include Waterloo Road and Lark Rise to Candleford.

Amanda, 47, relishes the new TV romance - though in real life she says she prefers to date men even younger than Jason.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

the gay story was very well wrote and brilliantly acted, it was the best bit of acting in a long time. as for sally 'spudd' spode has got very boring. has Nathon gone for ever? thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

No Nathan is coming back, wish he didn't!!

Tonight the whole Sally thing kicks off I think. I hope Laurel doesn't kill her. That would just lead to more dark times for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Emmerdale actress Charley Webb gave birth to her first child over the Easter weekend.
    The 22-year-old, along with her boyfriend and co-star Matthew Wolfenden, welcomed their son Buster Lawrence Wolfenden into the world on Saturday

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/s12/emmerdale/news/a212835/emmerdales-charley-webb-gives-birth.html

Interesting choice of name.

• Advertisement

Looks like Edna's granddaughter Eve gets it on with John Barton another affair to rock the Dales

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Looks like Edna's granddaughter Eve gets it on with John Barton another affair to rock the Dales

Eve is not Edna's grand-daughter, she is her grand-niece, but they go as grand-mother/daughter.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Eve is not Edna's grand-daughter, she is her grand-niece, but they go as grand-mother/daughter.

I didn't know that; is she Lilys granddaughter then?

Makes more sense I suppose; no granddaughter of Edna would have an affair with a married man.

I didn't know that; is she Lilys granddaughter then?

Makes more sense I suppose; no granddaughter of Edna would have an affair with a married man.

Yes.

Aaron is going to try suicide

• Advertisement

Emmerdale's Danny Miller has confessed that his alter ego Aaron Livesy will continue to fight his sexuality in the coming weeks.

The 19-year-old actor also revealed the consequences of Aaron's violent outburst in The Woolpack, which is shown in tomorrow night's episode of the Yorkshire soap.

He told TV Times: "If Aaron doesn't admit that he's gay, proving it wasn't a homophobic attack [against Jackson], then he faces six to 12 months inside.

"So during his final plea, he says, 'Jackson came to see me because he's gay - and I'm gay'. It's a massive step, the most unlikely way to come out."

The star added of Aaron's relationship with Jackson: "He's not necessarily in love with him, but he still has feelings for him, and will try to fight for him.

"He's got a way of bringing people in, then pushing them away. It would be too ideal if he and Jackson settled down. I'm not saying that I don't want Aaron to settle down, but maybe in a few years' time."

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

God help me but I'm really enjoying Emmerdale recently. Only started back watching it at the beginning of the year but have to say I've become hooked lol.
    Particularly the gay storyline is being very well played out. Even my brother who gets very uncomfortable being confronted with any gay issues is watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭BROWNE51

Have to agree,best soap on tv at the moment.Good acting and good scripts and no panto actors.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Nominations for the 2010 boards.ie Soap Awards is now open... Make sure Emmerdale gets nominated by casting your nominations in this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055907935

Will Natasha ever be caught for Marks murder. I know Nathan knows about it but does anyone else ever find out about it.

Or will Natasha end up as another of Emmerdales resident murderers with Carl (twice), Eric, Louise who haven't been caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

I think Sam finds Mark's wallet when out poaching and gives it to Cain who puts 2 and 2 together.
    Maybe they're just reflecting the fact that in real life a lot of murderers are never brought to justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Will Natasha ever be caught for Marks murder. I know Nathan knows about it but does anyone else ever find out about it.

Wow missed that! How did he find out and is that why he has been gone this while?

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Wow missed that! How did he find out and is that why he has been gone this while?

Natasha was beginning to crack and she told Nathan the truth. He tried to dig up the body; then instead, decided to blackmail her. All her money for his silence. Natasha agreed on the condition that he left forever.

Viv discovers that Bob slept with Gennie while she was in prison so Jamie leaves by himself

Viv discovers that Bob slept with Gennie while she was in prison so Jamie leaves by himself

Viv cant say to much to him. She has slept with Terry and Paddy amongst others that we know off. She also knows that Bob has an eye for the women.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Natasha was beginning to crack and she told Nathan the truth. He tried to dig up the body; then instead, decided to blackmail her. All her money for his silence. Natasha agreed on the condition that he left forever.

Ahhh thought he was gone? He was there in the episode tonight? :confused:

Nathan returned the other week to, in his eyes, save Natasha from Declan. He had been in contact with Maisie. He gave back the money to Natasha and is working under Declan to try and win back Natashas trust.

Bad Girls star Victoria Pritchard is to join Emmerdale playing a sexy cougar.

The 40-year-old former Holby City actress will play temptress Tania Page, who sets her sights on younger man David Metcalfe, played by Matthew Wolfenden.

But a soap source said: "Tania comes in with the intention to seduce David Metcalfe, only all isn't quite as it seems and someone else could be behind the scheming..."

David's girlfriend Leyla Harding - played by actress Roxanne Ghawam-Shahidi - is left feeling shaken by the attention her man is getting from the sexy older woman.

Victoria joins the soap next month.

I would have thought that if any older woman were going to be with David; it would've been Val. She's just the type.

EMMERDALE is turning up the heat on its rivals with yet another *sizzling new signing.
    And they don’t get much *hotter than sexy actress *Natalie Anderson – as our stunning picture shows.
    The gorgeous brunette, best known for playing saucy nurse Stella Davenport in hospital *drama The Royal, starts filming with the ITV1 soap next month as Leyla Harding’s trashy sister *Alicia.
    But Leyla, who has just settled into domestic bliss with hunky boyfriend David Metcalfe, will not be happy to see her.
    So when she blazes into the village full of *attitude and with an axe to grind, Leyla is terrified she’ll reveal her murky past.
    And it quickly *becomes clear there is a lot of bad blood *between the sisters.
    Speaking about joining the soap, Natalie, 28, a proud Yorkshire lass, said the part was a dream come true for her.
    The Bradford-born beauty said: “I’m thrilled to be joining the show. It’ll be wonderful working back home in Yorkshire again.

“Alicia is a complex character, she’s not at all what she seems and is set to make life quite *complicated for Leyla.”
    Natalie is the latest in a string of new signings after bosses decided that sex would be their secret weapon in the ratings war with Corrie and EastEnders. They’ve already *unleashed former Hear’Say babe *Suzanne Shaw and hunk Jason Merrells, both of whom are set for even more romp-filled action in a few months.
    An Emmerdale insider told the Daily Star Sunday: “Natalie is *absolutely stunning, a real *head-turner.
    “Her character is outspoken and brassy.
    “But she’s also one of the sexiest girls we’ve ever had on the soap. She’s going to set pulses *racing.”
    Producer Gavin Blyth said: “We’re delighted to have Natalie on board.
    “She’s a great *actress and a *wonderful addition to the cast.”
    Viewers can catch Natalie on screen from August.

Former Birds Of A Feather actress Pauline Quirke has joined the cast of Emmerdale as Jackson Walsh's mother Hazel.

The 50-year-old - who played Sharon Theodopolopodous for nine years alongside Linda Robson in the BBC One sitcom - begins filming at the soap's Leeds home at the end of next month and her larger-than-life character soon finds herself at the epicentre of "an enormous and gripping storyline".

Free-spirited teacher Hazel arrives in the Dales on a whistlestop visit to see her son Jackson (Marc Silcock), who is currently being wooed by troubled teen Aaron Livesy (Danny Miller).

However, as one newly-single villager takes a keen interest in her, Hazel's jetset lifestyle is halted when she becomes embroiled in a "hugely dramatic" plot that affects the lives of both her son and his lover.

Speaking of her signing, Quirke said: "I'm really looking forward to joining the show, my mum was a fan back when it was called Emmerdale Farm, so it's always been a part of my life. The show has really moved on, it's consistently good, there are some great characters and great storylines, I've especially loved Aaron's story."

She added: "I've never done anything like this before so it's something different for me and I'm very happy to be a part of it."

Series producer Gavin Blyth commented: "I am absolutely delighted that Pauline will be joining Emmerdale at such an exciting time. She is a fantastic actor who I know will do justice to this character."

He went on: "Alongside Aaron and Jackson, she will be at the centre of an enormous and gripping storyline this autumn/winter. One to really look forward to."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Anyone else feel that Alan, Betty and Pearl should be left out to pasture.....:o

Sids Not wrote: »
    Anyone else feel that Alan, Betty and Pearl should be left out to pasture.....:o

They may be pushing on in years but are played by very good actors and actresses and are all very good characters, often under used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Deise Tom wrote: »
    They may be pushing on in years but are played by very good actors and actresses and are all very good characters, often under used.

Thats my point...Alan just seems to sit around these days, cant remember the last time i saw Betty.....:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Auds1912

Former Birds Of A Feather actress Pauline Quirke has joined the cast of Emmerdale as Jackson Walsh's mother Hazel.

The 50-year-old - who played Sharon Theodopolopodous for nine years alongside Linda Robson in the BBC One sitcom - begins filming at the soap's Leeds home at the end of next month and her larger-than-life character soon finds herself at the epicentre of "an enormous and gripping storyline".

Free-spirited teacher Hazel arrives in the Dales on a whistlestop visit to see her son Jackson (Marc Silcock), who is currently being wooed by troubled teen Aaron Livesy (Danny Miller).

However, as one newly-single villager takes a keen interest in her, Hazel's jetset lifestyle is halted when she becomes embroiled in a "hugely dramatic" plot that affects the lives of both her son and his lover.

Speaking of her signing, Quirke said: "I'm really looking forward to joining the show, my mum was a fan back when it was called Emmerdale Farm, so it's always been a part of my life. The show has really moved on, it's consistently good, there are some great characters and great storylines, I've especially loved Aaron's story."

She added: "I've never done anything like this before so it's something different for me and I'm very happy to be a part of it."

Series producer Gavin Blyth commented: "I am absolutely delighted that Pauline will be joining Emmerdale at such an exciting time. She is a fantastic actor who I know will do justice to this character."

He went on: "Alongside Aaron and Jackson, she will be at the centre of an enormous and gripping storyline this autumn/winter. One to really look forward to."

I'm glad Jackson will be around for a while.
    Going on newly single I'm thinking Bob but can't be sure. There could possibly be another break-up before then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement