Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

swarovski ballistic turret

Options
  • 17-08-2014 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

hi looking at the swarovski ballistic turret program it tells me with a zero of 200y drop at 300y is 2.25 moa 6.7 inches ,but tells me to dial in 6 clicks this does not seem right as each click only moves 0.18 moa at 100y.should it not be 12 clicks.
    let me know what you think.
    thanks stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Eo1n8wrd

How come the click is only moving .18, that seems like an odd number, I thought they would usually move .5 or .25 per click

Assuming its moving .25 per click, then the 6 clicks at 100y is 1.5" at 200 its 3" and at 300 its 6". those are rounded down to assume 1" at 100 yards when its really a shade more which is why it only gave you 6 clicks for 6.7"

I'm only trying to wrap my head around all this ballistics and trajectory stuff myself so I could be waaaaaaayyyy off

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭stephentri

0.18 at 100y is 5mm at 100m

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Eo1n8wrd

oh you meant that the click moves it 0.18 inches, I thought you meant a fraction of a MOA. I think I follow you now, does that above make any sense?

I think what I wrote above only works for a 100y zero, yours is 200y so I'm not too sure, maybe run it through again and see if you had the zero value in correctly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

stephentri wrote: »
    hi looking at the swarovski ballistic turret program it tells me with a zero of 200y drop at 300y is 2.25 moa 6.7 inches ,but tells me to dial in 6 clicks this does not seem right as each click only moves 0.18 moa at 100y.should it not be 12 clicks.
    let me know what you think.
    thanks stephen

It sounds like your scope is in Mildot or MilRad.

However it also seems like your scope is half mildot value. Much like an MOA scope is 1/4" click value at 100 yards but a half value one is 1/8" click value at 100 yards.

So if 1 mil at 100 yards is 3.6 inches, then 1 mil at 300 yards is 10.8 inches. If the BC tells you that 6 clicks is needed then it's giving you the adjustments in mildot/milrad.

So 6 clicks at 300 yards is 6x1.08 inches = 6.48 inches. Now if you scope's click value is half mil rather than full (if you understand that) then it's 12 clicks for the same 6.48 inch adjustment.

I would look at the settings on your ballistic device. It's set for "full" mil adjustments and not half. I would also steer clear of MOA as they are not the same as Mil and can confuse.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭stephentri

Cass wrote: »
    It sounds like your scope is in Mildot or MilRad.

However it also seems like your scope is half mildot value. Much like an MOA scope is 1/4" click value at 100 yards but a half value one is 1/8" click value at 100 yards.

So if 1 mil at 100 yards is 3.6 inches, then 1 mil at 300 yards is 10.8 inches. If the BC tells you that 6 clicks is needed then it's giving you the adjustments in mildot/milrad.

So 6 clicks at 300 yards is 6x1.08 inches = 6.48 inches. Now if you scope's click value is half mil rather than full (if you understand that) then it's 12 clicks for the same 6.48 inch adjustment.

I would look at the settings on your ballistic device. It's set for "full" mil adjustments and not half. I would also steer clear of MOA as they are not the same as Mil and can confuse.

on the swar wed site it says for a z6 5-30x50 scope it moves 0.18 @ 100y or 0.5mm @ 100m but it seams there ballistic program is set to 1cm @ 100m does anyone on here with a z6 know if the clicks are 0.5mm or 1cm @ 100m
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The BC is possibly preset for "standard" mil adjustments. Much like BC in MOA are set at 1/4" click values, yet some scopes have 1/8" click value. You simply change the value or double the given value.

So if it says 6 clicks on a 1cm scope and you have a 0.5cm scope you use 12. Or with an MOA scope using 1/4" clicks and it gives 5 but your scope is 1/8 you use 10.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭allan450

its 1cm at 100 meters is the adjustment iv the z6i myself.good decision on a the scope.

Advertisement