Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dearly departed....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Sorry, I had to Google the name. Oh dear, not my taste at all. Obviously a talented artist but, oh dear, I need to lie down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Sir John Arthur "Jack" Brabham. For motor sports fans the name Brabham is held in high esteem.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

The actress who played the housekeeper, Alice in The Brady Bunch died this week.
    Ann B Davis was 88.

I loved watching TBB in the 80s on RTÉ- they looked so perfect.

http://tvline.com/2014/06/01/ann-b-davis-dead-at-88-brady-bunch-alice/

She always played great characters, a bit gutsy! Sorry she is gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Shocked to hear that Rik Mayall has died aged 56

RIP Lord Flasheart

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Suddenly and at the young age of 56 but not suspicious circumstances. Star of The Young Ones and Black Adder. RIP M'Lord Flasheart

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Rubecula wrote: »
    Damn, memory failure! I wonder why? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

James Garner has died... Anyone remember the Rockford Files?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Ramette wrote: »

Rockford was knocked unconscious at least twice every week but, as "Maverick", he was my childhood hero. Dressed as an elegant baddie in black, bungling, tricky, funny but sooo cool. Thanks, Mr. Garner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Loved the Rockford Files. Thought it was so cool that he lived in a mobile home at the side of the beach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Ramette wrote: »

I remember that show but I had thought he had died years ago. I did like him in Murphy's Romance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Just heard about this.

Always liked his performances in anything he appeared in.

Apparently on the set of 'Grands Prix' (1966), some of the F1 drivers that worked on that movie reckoned he had the talent to do F1 for real.

For people my age though, he'll always be Jim Rockford.

R.I.P. Jimmy.

Dora Bryan, aged 91. Another one slips away. Whatever I saw her in she was chasing the fellas, even in Last of the Summer Wine she had a 'past'! Hilarious to watch Thora Hird's characher tut tutting at her!

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Dora Bryan, aged 91. Another one slips away. Whatever I saw her in she was chasing the fellas, even in Last of the Summer Wine she had a 'past'! Hilarious to watch Thora Hird's characher tut tutting at her!

Yeah, funny how time passes on.

The WW2 generation is getting smaller now.

Fewer & fewer are now around & I remember them as a child of being my age now.

Still.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭policarp

Louis Lentin, producer of "Dear Daughter," is another person who will be missed for his ground breaking film work.
    R.I.P.

Yeah, funny how time passes on.

The WW2 generation is getting smaller now.

Fewer & fewer are now around & I remember them as a child of being my age now.

Still.....

True, but I'm a wee bit later than WW2 generation. But still.......yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Dunno how old you guys are, but I remember not just Mork and Mindy, but also Robin Williams' appearance in Happy Days, and everything since:Mrs Doubtfire, Good Morning Vietnam, and his amazing and crazy standup stuff. Sad news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Nanu Nanu

Mad man, but funny. :)

Sad to go out that way though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

MOD: Threads merged

What an astounding body of work he has left us. Personal favourites are The FisherKing and The Birdcage.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Just been watching Youtube clip of Robin Williams on Parkinson from some years back 3007 - couldn't help a smile and a giggle despite a sadness to see it all end for him like this !

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SPz6JKGlzSI

Very very sad indeed. I well remember Mork & Mindy, he was hilarious. I was still laughing heartily at him in The Birdcage many years later. He played the gay father brilliantly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Oh No, not Lauren Bacall too.

Its only a few days since listening to

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/dida80/dida80_19790303-1815a.mp3

Sad to hear about Lauren Bacall too. Tough cookie! Not your average Hollywood 'starlet'.

(Just an aside seeing as Lauren's first choice on Desert Island Discs was Ella Fitzgerald, from my childhood years I was always attracted to Ella Fitzgerald's singing. I watched a documentary on her many years ago and I was so upset that she suffered so horrendously healthwise at the end.)

Richard Attenborough, actor & film director has passed away aged 90.

R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭cml387

The Great Escape is my favourite Dickie film performance, if only because at one stage we got the same trailer excerpt on television for what seemed like forever:

Well, that's what I intend to do. I'm going to cause such a terrible stink in this... Third Reich of theirs, that thousands of troops that could well be employed at the front will be tied up here looking after us.

Richard Kiel, most known as Jaws in the James Bond movies of the late '70s.

He was 74.

Also Donald Sinden, longtime film TV & stage actor has passed on.

He was 90.

R.I.P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭campingcarist

Jellybaby1 wrote: »

Dora Bryan used to be on stage with Brian Rix and made a great team; something like Jimmy O'Dea and Maureen Potter.

Advertisement