Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love/Hate (v2) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

It is hard to know what they'll do with Tommy. He will undoubtedly not be left in a coma the whole season: he will either die or come to.

Of course, if he does live and starts remembering things, all hell could break loose. Nidge would have no option but to kill him perhaps framing him for Linda's murder to cover his tracks with Fran. There was a hint that he was starting to remember things before he fell down in season 4's episode 6. He said Nidge had Darren killed and Nidge had to try and convince him it was the IRA. I felt Tommy suddenly started remembering things and I'm sure this theme will be explored deeper.

He more or less ended season 4 as he had season 3 so I think they'll either have him make a full recovery and become a threat to Nidge or else they will kill him off from complications due to his injury leaving Siobhan even more determined to bring Nidge down. Either way, it appears bad news for Nidge.

I can't see tommy's character being anyway entertaining at this stage but who knows, they won't drag out his coma/storyline for 3 seasons, no chance, I reckon his character is doomed. Season 5 will be focused on the new characters and a new story.

Stuart Carolan etc will obviously be watching the reaction to season 4 and adjusting accordingly, in other words, making it better.

At this stage forget about Tommy I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

But I'm in love with Tommy. :(

deise08 wrote: »

he's ****ed in all fairness :(

Tommy was very funny in Calvary. Film itself wasn't so good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Join the queue. Siobhan, mad bitch, Debbie, Mary. I am sure there was more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I would feel that Tommy is at the end of the road too. He is a great character and often across the 4 seasons he was in (he is along with Nidge the only character to be in every episode of it so far) was often shown as the kind hearted one.

But his options are now limited. As said, two things can happen to him:

1. He dies of complications due to his injury. Clearly, the legacy of his death would then become a major storyline with Siobhan perhaps becoming Nidge's greatest threat.

2. Tommy survives his injury and makes a full or at least stable recovery: if he does, then he is in serious trouble. He could remember things and Siobhan is there to fill him in about Nidge. Fran could also inform him if he falls out with Nidge. He could remember the argument about Dano's wife with Nidge and Nidge going for him with Fran's golf club weapon. Then, anything is possible: he could join with Nidge's enemies, become friends with Fran against Nidge (Tommy may know Nidge threw the pipebomb? We know Darren was told but Tommy could know too?). Nidge could strike preemptively on Tommy too and pin the pipebombing on him. What if Tommy knew about Nidge throwing the pipebomb and told Fran and then Nidge later kills Tommy and goes to Fran to say Tommy threw the pipebomb unknown to him that Tommy had already told Fran!!

Whatever way, alive Tommy or dead Tommy will pose serious situations for Nidge. If Nidge had to kill Tommy to save his skin, Nidge is hardly going to feel good about it either and a whole sense of guilt akin to the Darren situation could throw Nidge off the game too despite he grappling with other problems posed by the various people he has tied himself up with.

I'd imagine a lot of the series 2, 3 and 4 issues will be put to bed relatively early. So, Tommy's fate will be resolved early on: he either will be dead, working with the cops (detective Moynihan clearly looks on Tommy a lot differently than how he looks on the others) or joining up with Nidge's enemies.

Doesnt Fran still have the bone from Git that he kept. Fran showed it to Dean, just before Nidge gave Tommy the heading

That has got to be brought back up again in this season, perhaps Fran uses it against Nidge

bazermc wrote: »
    Doesnt Fran still have the bone from Git that he kept. Fran showed it to Dean, just before Nidge gave Tommy the heading

That has got brought back up again in this season, perhaps Fran uses it against Nidge

Or Dean uses it against Fran?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Just watched seasons 1-3, weird experience having started with Season 4 due to my mates' insistence last year on making an occasion of it on Sundays. Really interesting for instance to see Debbie's massive transformation over the 4 seasons, from living with the big man to dying on her own with nobody even really caring about it.

Couple of things bugging me, most of which have slipped my mind but will come back, but chiefly:
    Why did Nidge set out to kill Patrick in season 4? Patrick made it abundantly clear several times that like Wayne, he simply follows the money and couldn't give a f*ck about anyone. Nidge repeatedly reminded him about the pipe bomb and his answer was always that he didn't care what his stuff was used for. So why start a war with him? It strikes me that after having been attacked by Nidge in a failed assassination attempt, where Patrick may have been indifferent to the whole thing before, he certainly won't be now.

Strikes me as a case of Nidge actually creating a gigantic problem for himself where there was none initially.

Another more general point, and maybe this is just coming from the point of view of someone having watched the seasons in a dodgy order (S4 first and then S1-3) - does it strike anyone else that the whole tone of the series shifted pretty dramatically as time went on? I was quite taken aback when starting S1 to see the lads all basically chilling very casually in John Boy's apartment, when throughout all of S4 there's a constant tension and air of menace. I'm not sure whether to describe it as seeing the lads graduate from small fish to big fish or simply that all the actors look a little younger in S1, but it struck me that each successive season was a lot darker than the last, with S4 having barely any cheeriness at all between the characters. This isn't in any way a criticism - I maintain the minority view that S4 was absolutely fantastic - but it's interesting that the element of mates having the craic pretty much evaporates completely by S4 when it was a central aspect of S1.

If that trend is to continue, I would predict that S5 will contain some of the most bitter hostilities and betrayals yet. It almost feels like following Darren's death, there aren't any "nice" characters left in terms of being friendly with eachother. Siobán in particular seemed very, very alone throughout S4, and with Fran seemingly descending further into the realm of completely unhinged psychopath, I feel S5 is going to be very, very bleak. Again not in a bad way, just an observation.

• Advertisement

Just watched seasons 1-3, weird experience having started with Season 4 due to my mates' insistence last year on making an occasion of it on Sundays. Really interesting for instance to see Debbie's massive transformation over the 4 seasons, from living with the big man to dying on her own with nobody even really caring about it.

Couple of things bugging me, most of which have slipped my mind but will come back, but chiefly:
    Why did Nidge set out to kill Patrick in season 4? Patrick made it abundantly clear several times that like Wayne, he simply follows the money and couldn't give a f*ck about anyone. Nidge repeatedly reminded him about the pipe bomb and his answer was always that he didn't care what his stuff was used for. So why start a war with him? It strikes me that after having been attacked by Nidge in a failed assassination attempt, where Patrick may have been indifferent to the whole thing before, he certainly won't be now.

Strikes me as a case of Nidge actually creating a gigantic problem for himself where there was none initially.

Another more general point, and maybe this is just coming from the point of view of someone having watched the seasons in a dodgy order (S4 first and then S1-3) - does it strike anyone else that the whole tone of the series shifted pretty dramatically as time went on? I was quite taken aback when starting S1 to see the lads all basically chilling very casually in John Boy's apartment, when throughout all of S4 there's a constant tension and air of menace. I'm not sure whether to describe it as seeing the lads graduate from small fish to big fish or simply that all the actors look a little younger in S1, but it struck me that each successive season was a lot darker than the last, with S4 having barely any cheeriness at all between the characters. This isn't in any way a criticism - I maintain the minority view that S4 was absolutely fantastic - but it's interesting that the element of mates having the craic pretty much evaporates completely by S4 when it was a central aspect of S1.

If that trend is to continue, I would predict that S5 will contain some of the most bitter hostilities and betrayals yet. It almost feels like following Darren's death, there aren't any "nice" characters left in terms of being friendly with eachother. Siobán in particular seemed very, very alone throughout S4, and with Fran seemingly descending further into the realm of completely unhinged psychopath, I feel S5 is going to be very, very bleak. Again not in a bad way, just an observation.

I think a lot changed since series 1 with regard to especially where the characters have gone. Darren was in two minds then, Nidge was the happy go lucky 2nd in command and most of the worries were with John Boy and Hughie. Nidge was the star of the show though I feel the first 2 series were more about Darren and the name of the series reflective of Darren's feeling of love and hatred for Rosie and Hughie (and John Boy) respectively.

Series 2 did become darker with Darren's progression into becoming a hitman and ultimately taking out his enemies Stumpy (he feels guilty) and John Boy (he is happy). Nidge's conscience is revealed after his reluctance to throw the pipebomb. Nidge sees John Boy as no longer useful and wants to be the main man himself: he sets out to take his place. The Luke subplot is interesting too. We see a glimpse of Nidge's ruthless streak when he kills Luke and also contemplates killing Darren. Fran is introduced as an ambitious up and coming player who has a violent but pragmatic side.

Series 3 shifted the entire focus again to Nidge's dealings with the IRA. Fran is back and in this, he is a much more lighthearted character than in season 2. Series 3 is very violent with IRA man Git's rape of Siobhan and Tommy's/Darren's bloody killing of him afterwards setting the tone. The story quickly follows with Nidge, Fran, Tommy and Darren trying to cover up what happened with Git before Dano finds out. Dano is introduced overseeing a kneecapping of Ado. As the series progresses, Nidge like John Boy before him gets paranoid and Dano proves a very scary adversary. In a fit of rage, Nidge hits Tommy with Fran's golf club weapon. By the end, Nidge decides to try and buy off the IRA and meets and does a deal with Tony who agrees as long as Darren is sacrificed. Darren is killed in the end, but Nidge's plan fails. It is Lizzie who kills him instead. Also, Darren became more brutal in his role as hitman. The killing of the man and his girlfriend came so easily to him: season 1 or even 2 Darren would not have acted as coldly. By now, Darren didn't care: no Rosie or Mary around to ask him to question his conscience.

Series 4 continued on from series 3 with Nidge feeling guilty and paranoid. Dano still wants Nidge dead and is disobeying Tony. Tommy is in poor health and Nidge's friendship with Fran is being tested. The subplot with the dentist's first off reluctance and then willingness to get involved with Nidge and the gardai's desire to get Nidge also add to things. Ultimately, Nidge survives: Tony tires of Dano's obsession with killing Nidge and has Dano kneecapped and left for dead; the gardai fail to get Nidge due to Tommy's turn for the worst and detective Moynihan's decision to save Tommy rather than get Nidge; Fran kills the dentist and Nidge has Wayne clipped; Lizzie loses the rag with a driver and is in prison for serious assault. the Fran v Noelie storyline also was good and I hope we get more in series 5.

Series 5 sees Nidge free of threats from Dano, but he is aware of how close the gardai got to him and the new threats that may come from Fran, Tommy, Siobhan and the new drug dealer he borrowed from. Lizzie may or may not be back but if she is the IRA threat remains. As usual, by episode 6, Nidge will have multiple challenges to his survival. Some of the series will delve into subplots too and hopefully this Chunk Rogers prowler and his motives will be revealed and we see the Noelie Hughes storyline in some way brought into the Fran and Nidge relationship.

I too liked series 4 a lot. Watching in reverse order can indeed be difficult as a lot of series 4 is based on things that began in series 2 and 3 like the pipebomber, the IRA story and Tommy's situation.

Ha ha i was very confused reading Patrick. ha ha
    paddy the pipe bomb maker!
    Nidge taking him on when there really was no need just shows how paranoid he really is.
    It all stems from Nidge seeing Fran and Paddy together. They are discussing Paddy getting a pup from Fran, but Nidge's mind is working double time. He's putting 2 and 2 together and coming out with 50!
    The three are connected in that
    Paddy made the pipe bomb,
    Nidge threw the pipe bomb,
    Fran's wife was the victim.
    We still aren't sure whether Fran is a traveller but he seems to have a lot of business with them if he isn't already one. This too would be adding to Nidge's paranoia.
    Although he made the bomb, would Fran forgive paddy and they both stick together against Nidge?
    He's so paranoid, Paddy could have sacrificed his own son and Nidge would still not believe him.
    Paddy had no beef with anyone, only in Nidge's head!

Really excited about season !!!!!
    any date for the first episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

Even though series 4 was dissapointing (it started good but slowly went downhill, resulting in stuff such as killing off the most interesting newcomers like the dentist and cat killer Wayne instead of Kieth Duffy's character and the "Tommy in a coma" scenario being done again for the second time on the last episode), I'm still interested to see how series 5 turns out.

Even though series 4 was dissapointing (it started good but slowly went downhill, resulting in stuff such as killing off the most interesting newcomers like the dentist and cat killer Wayne instead of Kieth Duffy's character and the "Tommy in a coma" scenario being done again for the second time on the last episode), I'm still interested to see how series 5 turns out.

I would have liked to have seen the dentist in it for longer too. He was an interesting character and a focus on where his loyalties lay (Nidge or the gardai) would have been interesting.

I liked season 4 and have the feeling that overall it is very much linked into season 5. Season 4's real conclusion was in episode 4 with the killing of Dano (episode 4 of season 4 being almost a remake of season 3's episode 6). Season 5 could conclude another story arc in its first two episodes (thus making series 4 and 5 a set of 3 by 4 episodes) such as the pipebomb maker.

I think Keith Duffy's character will be interesting. He will more than likely fulfil a role similar to the dentist.

I can't help but feel that a whole lot of these new, minor characters such as the dentist, Wayne, Guinea, Keith Duffy's character and Paddy the pipebomb maker are all created to provide some of the action and all will end up killed after falling foul of someone.

I can't see them dragging out the Tommy story for much longer. He will either recover, die or be killed perhaps recover and be killed. A lot of loose ends will be wrapped up in the first 2 episodes I would think.

Ha ha i was very confused reading Patrick. ha ha
    paddy the pipe bomb maker!
    Nidge taking him on when there really was no need just shows how paranoid he really is.
    It all stems from Nidge seeing Fran and Paddy together. They are discussing Paddy getting a pup from Fran, but Nidge's mind is working double time. He's putting 2 and 2 together and coming out with 50!
    The three are connected in that
    Paddy made the pipe bomb,
    Nidge threw the pipe bomb,
    Fran's wife was the victim.
    We still aren't sure whether Fran is a traveller but he seems to have a lot of business with them if he isn't already one. This too would be adding to Nidge's paranoia.
    Although he made the bomb, would Fran forgive paddy and they both stick together against Nidge?
    He's so paranoid, Paddy could have sacrificed his own son and Nidge would still not believe him.
    Paddy had no beef with anyone, only in Nidge's head!

Really excited about season !!!!!
    any date for the first episode?

Paranoia is major theme of course in Love/Hate. We all know how paranoid John Boy got in the end but chose the wrong person to trust in Darren in the end! Nidge was not intending to be paranoid but things conspired against him. From the moment Git is killed, Nidge has a major problem. When the IRA find out it was Nidge's gang killed Git, Nidge is more or less on the run from Dano and is paranoid. Much of seasons 3 and 4 deal with this. Then just as things are ok with the IRA when Nidge and Tony meet up and Dano is killed, Paddy the pipebomb maker comes back and Nidge (fresh from his Dano paranoia) is ultra paranoid again. An attempted hit on the pipebomb man, the clipping of Wayne and a mistrust of Fran all result. With the gardai nearly catching him, Nidge circa season 5 is going to be ultra paranoid.

Fran knows that there were only 4 people who could have thrown the pipe bomb: John Boy, Nidge, Tommy or Darren. He more or less knows John Boy got someone else to do it so that leaves Darren, Tommy and Nidge. I assume Fran would think Darren as he was the hitman. But if Nidge killed the Paddy pipebomb, the immediate blame would go on Nidge (Tommy is too sick to give the order) and Fran would realise Nidge threw the pipebomb. So, Nidge's paranoia would actually provide the opposite to what he would intend.

Fran would assume John Boy gave the order and Darren threw it. Darren threw a pipebomb at the IRA's car as well so there is no reason for Fran to believe anyone other than Darren did it. Nidge is clearly not suspected of this at all by Fran.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,920 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Fran is seen praying to a statue of the virgin mary and crying in the recent promo so maybe its something to do with his wifes killing.

Also in the promo nidge says to fran 'its a good day to be alive' would it be good if fran turned around to him and said something about the killing.

This season is going to be good

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Fran is seen praying to a statue of the virgin mary and crying in the recent promo so maybe its something to do with his wifes killing.

Also in the promo nidge says to fran 'its a good day to be alive' would it be good if fran turned around to him and said something about the killing.

This season is going to be good

Yes, this will be a very interesting season. The relationship between Fran and Nidge will be centre stage I'd say plus Fran's conscience will be explored and a lot of the other issues will be tied into the Nidge/Fran situation.

Yes, this will be a very interesting season. The relationship between Fran and Nidge will be centre stage I'd say plus Fran's conscience will be explored and a lot of the other issues will be tied into the Nidge/Fran situation.

Any news on when it will start?

Paranoia is major theme of course in Love/Hate. We all know how paranoid John Boy got in the end but chose the wrong person to trust in Darren in the end! Nidge was not intending to be paranoid but things conspired against him. From the moment Git is killed, Nidge has a major problem. When the IRA find out it was Nidge's gang killed Git, Nidge is more or less on the run from Dano and is paranoid. Much of seasons 3 and 4 deal with this. Then just as things are ok with the IRA when Nidge and Tony meet up and Dano is killed, Paddy the pipebomb maker comes back and Nidge (fresh from his Dano paranoia) is ultra paranoid again. An attempted hit on the pipebomb man, the clipping of Wayne and a mistrust of Fran all result. With the gardai nearly catching him, Nidge circa season 5 is going to be ultra paranoid.

Fran knows that there were only 4 people who could have thrown the pipe bomb: John Boy, Nidge, Tommy or Darren. He more or less knows John Boy got someone else to do it so that leaves Darren, Tommy and Nidge. I assume Fran would think Darren as he was the hitman. But if Nidge killed the Paddy pipebomb, the immediate blame would go on Nidge (Tommy is too sick to give the order) and Fran would realise Nidge threw the pipebomb. So, Nidge's paranoia would actually provide the opposite to what he would intend.

Fran would assume John Boy gave the order and Darren threw it. Darren threw a pipebomb at the IRA's car as well so there is no reason for Fran to believe anyone other than Darren did it. Nidge is clearly not suspected of this at all by Fran.

In fairness I think people have been too much emphasis on who threw the pipe bomb, Fran is a psycho and I can't see him being overly bothered at this stage, as nidge was acting on John boy's orders.

Perhaps as their relationship becomes more frayed it could play a part. I reckon one thing this season for sure is Nidge's chickens will come home to roost as he gets mixed up with the big boys.

Anybody else hear it won't start til November???

Anybody else hear it won't start til November???

I havent heard that but reckon it is accurate.

That Immelda May show is starting this Sunday 9.30pm (Love/Hate time slot) and I am guessing that has a at least 6-8 weeks, so that would push L/H back until end October/Start November

Still in time to get the box set out for the xmas market

• Advertisement

lufties wrote: »
    Any news on when it will start?

My guess is Sunday 2nd November.

That Immelda May show is starting this Sunday 9.30pm (Love/Hate time slot) and I am guessing that has a at least 6-8 weeks, so that would push L/H back until end October/Start November

Imelda May Show would be I'd say 5 weeks and then the Haughey programme 3 weeks and then Love/Hate 5 for the 2nd November.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Yeah it being out on DVD in time for the Xmas market is the safest bet anyway, they won't miss out on that opportunity. Similar to last year so I'd imagine and just count the weeks and the no. of episodes and we'll have a rough idea.

As a matter of interest is this the final season? I've watched the series over twice now but have yet to but it, waiting 'til it's finished completely so I can buy the full box set.

Darren is still alive and set for a huge comeback.

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Yeah it being out on DVD in time for the Xmas market is the safest bet anyway, they won't miss out on that opportunity. Similar to last year so I'd imagine and just count the weeks and the no. of episodes and we'll have a rough idea.

As a matter of interest is this the final season? I've watched the series over twice now but have yet to but it, waiting 'til it's finished completely so I can buy the full box set.

Darren is still alive and set for a huge comeback

Absolute nonsense. We seen him on the slab. He is brown bread man

In fairness I think people have been too much emphasis on who threw the pipe bomb, Fran is a psycho and I can't see him being overly bothered at this stage, as nidge was acting on John boy's orders.

Perhaps as their relationship becomes more frayed it could play a part. I reckon one thing this season for sure is Nidge's chickens will come home to roost as he gets mixed up with the big boys.

Fran is more than a mere psycho. He has a pragmatic side too and he is capable of thinking before he acts and he is a survivor. We have seen him as a violent psycho as well as a loyal friend and an intense alcohol-fueled person as well as a lighthearted calm person across the 3 series so far. I think we will see more of Fran's conscience this year: hence he praying, etc. This is what makes Love/Hate's characters so interesting: all are complex individuals who are capable of a lot of evil but they also lead normal lives too where we see they have consciences and are capable of kindness and genuine friendship too. I think that's the hint in the very name: Love/Hate. The 2 sides of the characters.

I think Nidge has over-exaggerated the importance of the pipebomb incident. Fran obviously has moved on and is happy John Boy is dead and clearly blames him and probably knows Darren was more than likely the thrower. If he suspects anyone else, it would be more than likely Tommy (to date, Fran and Tommy have had poor relations: although this could change drastically!). But fresh from the Dano situation, Nidge's paranoia knows no rationality. He will end up making Fran suspicious and I have a feeling we will see a very different Fran this season: not the happy go lucky coola boola man or not an emotionless psycho either. Fran always talks about the universe and karma and inside him is an intense, deep thinking individual who has bottled up a lot of hurt and pain for so long. Fran will explode and will be caught between feelings of revenge and guilt.

Nidge is going in very deep with the Spanish based drug dealer. Fran could well align himself with enemies of Nidge should they fall out.

Does anyone know is Lizzie in it this time? I've heard some say she definitely is.

Absolute nonsense. We seen him on the slab. He is brown bread man

:) it was a joke. It was probably the most guessed storyline there for a while, was always rubbish even back then.

Next you'll be saying Wayne is still alive :)

Next you'll be saying Wayne is still alive :)

They both are. They're living together in Spain with the cat.

Is it a bad sign when nidge is popping up in your dreams?
    ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

ha ha

Sounds like a waste of a dream to me. ... Tommy is the main player in my dreams :)

• Advertisement

Lisha wrote: »
    Sounds like a waste of a dream to me. ... Tommy is the main player in my dreams :)

Going on the last few episodes if you remember as well as I do I doubt Tommy could do much for ya now to be fair. He tends to look after himself and himself only ;):D

Going on the last few episodes if you remember as well as I do I doubt Tommy could do much for ya now to be fair. He tends to look after himself and himself only ;):D

Ahh but tommy at his best is worth remembering to be fair

Lisha wrote: »
    Ahh but tommy at his best is worth remembering to be fair

Hmmmmm well I'm a lad so...

still would :P :D

ha ha

Nidge in dream = nightmare

Nidges missus in dream = Certain type of dream

I woke up in a cold sweat the last night after having a nightmare about Nidge, thank God Siobhan was there to calm me down ;) :P :D

:) I didn't choose Nidge. :(
    Damn subconscious!
    Tommy's the guy for me. :)
    Ha ha although, it was a good dream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Seems as if Tommy has decided to settle for the "quiet" life.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

That's brilliant - I remember the ad but I'd no idea Tommy was the guy in it!

That's brilliant - I remember the ad but I'd no idea Tommy was the guy in it!

Tommy was also in Single Handed along with Siobhan and Debbie and he also appeared in Jack Taylor
    He was wearing his Galway jersey and was shot in the end of it.....guy just cant catch a break
    :D

• Advertisement

Tommy was also in Single Handed along with Siobhan and Debbie and he also appeared in Jack Taylor
    He was wearing his Galway jersey and was shot in the end of it.....guy just cant catch a break
    :D

Ah lads will ye shut up about tommy.

No

Sure.

Who will we discuss next? Elmo? Patrick the Traveller? :)

Sure.

Who will we discuss next? Elmo? Patrick the Traveller? :)

His character the most wooden in love/hate, and some muppets on this thread seem to be fascinated.Or perhaps i'm posting amongst teenage girls :rolleyes:

His character the most wooden in love/hate, and some muppets on this thread seem to be fascinated.Or perhaps i'm posting amongst teenage girls :rolleyes:

He is popular amongst the female contingent no doubt. Being a heterosexual male i cant say he has the same appeal to me but I actually think Killian Scott is a really talented actor and if you heard him being interviewed you'd realise just how good he is. He plays the real dense lacky really well. He hasnt got killer lines but he is not meant to. He isn't meant to be deep really.

I'm guessing his backstory is that he is a very simple man with nothing going for him in the brains or career department (i dont count drug courier as a normal career) who was easily led into the world of drugs by manipulative people like Nidge and John Boy. He is a bit similar to Neil from the inbetweeners in one respect.

He is popular amongst the female contingent no doubt. Being a heterosexual male i cant say he has the same appeal to me but I actually think Killian Scott is a really talented actor and if you heard him being interviewed you'd realise just how good he is. He plays the real dense lacky really well. He hasnt got killer lines but he is not meant to. He isn't meant to be deep really.

I'm guessing his backstory is that he is a very simple man with nothing going for him in the brains or career department (i dont count drug courier as a normal career) who was easily led into the world of drugs by manipulative people like Nidge and John Boy. He is a bit similar to Neil from the inbetweeners in one respect.

What makes him attractive to women I'd love to know. Tommy's dress sense is awful, his character is common as muck. Best of a bad bunch perhaps?

• Advertisement

Teenage girls? Well pardon me, why haven't ye said so? Right up my alley, I'm only a young lad.

Txt me girlz XxOo

What makes him attractive to women I'd love to know. Tommy's dress sense is awful, his character is common as muck. Best of a bad bunch perhaps?

As Lisa says about Nelson in The Simpsons when Bart questions her liking towards him; "He's a rebel, and only I can change him".

That comparison to Neil, very good :) I see exactly where you're coming from, spot on!

Tommy is not the brightest and talks slow even before Nidge attacked him. Yes, Killian is totally different in real life: highly intelligent and talks very different. He's a great actor and plays Tommy very well.

Tommy is basically decent and he is sucked into things by John Boy initially. He is caring and willing to help hence Siobhan, Debbie and Georgina all turning to him. He of course was also not committed to the tiger kidnapping actions in the way Nidge or Fran were and befriended the kidnapped girl.

Like Darren, he was clearly aligned to Nidge. Nidge lost it with him and felt guilty about it. Initial friendship with Nidge probably introduced him to the world of drug dealing.

Clearly, the gardai do not view Tommy in the same light as they do Nidge or Fran. They see him as a victim caught up in something he is not devious enough for. If they keep Tommy alive, it will be this aspect of him they will pursue I think.

As Lisa says about Nelson in The Simpsons when Bart questions her liking towards him; "He's a rebel, and only I can change him".

Fran, nidge, john boy, and darren..all deeper characters and more rebellious than tommy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement