Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

doublepost

In Tesco Tramore:

129-4181_PI_TPS1583894?wid=250&hei=250&$Detail$

Baby Emmi compact travel system.

For €8.

Yellow SEL and marked at the right price.

The box is small though, like a4 so I guess it comes in a thousand parts!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cmdrRiker

This was in Tesco Douglas - orginally around 60 EUR, was reduced to 35 EUR.
    Nice, compact, colourful and does the deal...

img1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

cmdrRiker wrote: »

img1.jpg

i got that last ocober in DID, its useless. food get stuck and clogs up the machine. ive used it 3 times and couldnt shred food properly, now its just gathering dust

i got that last ocober in DID, its useless. food get stuck and clogs up the machine. ive used it 3 times and couldnt shred food properly, now its just gathering dust

Little off topic but used it today for preparing vegetables for soup and carrot cake - flawless execution so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

in Clonmel

I got a Silentnight 13,5 tog kingsize duvet for €10 - what a bargain :D

Got the last one, but they may be in other stores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Hi

Tesco Extra in Naas had a bunch of cushions reduced, all a bit random in terms of designs, priced between €3 and €3.50.

Paddy

Ps looks like the one I got is £8 in the UK - http://m.tesco.com/mt/www.tesco.com/direct/ff-home-wave-cushion-pinkpurple/724-2765.prd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,575 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

How do TESCOs figure this out. I went to Mahon one night and saw howling ale 6 pack beer on shelf for 3 euro (usually 10.99) so great and picked up last one which had grand long date on it. Popped into wilton and mallow and no offer, it was 10.99 on shelf, so how does it all work out in Tesco's eyes??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

TheDriver wrote: »
    How do TESCOs figure this out. I went to Mahon one night and saw howling ale 6 pack beer on shelf for 3 euro (usually 10.99) so great and picked up last one which had grand long date on it. Popped into wilton and mallow and no offer, it was 10.99 on shelf, so how does it all work out in Tesco's eyes??

Did you self scan it to make sure it wasn't a store specific reduction?

Many times I've seen bargains posted here and my local tesco hasn't changed the shelf label but it scans at the reduced price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

TheDriver wrote: »

Thats exactly how this forum works. You find a bargain in your Tesco, I look in mine and find the price is still €10.99. I take it to the till and it scans at €3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

If the item has a yellow shelf edge label, it will also have a dates that the offer will run. These prices are country wide. And will scan the same as the tills are connected to head offices computer systems.

If the item has a yellow sticker saying reduced , these items are for that store only. Usually back stocks or damaged items.

If an item has a little star in the corner of the SEL( shelf edge label) it is end of line and reduced to clear in most cases.

EDIT. the little Tefal processor has been a reduced item of a long time now. Now is the time of year when stores and distributions centers are being cleared out for new lines coming in. Im guessing there was a few pallets on those items hiding away somewhere . They need to be gone so they keep getting reduced till there is no more in stores.
    Keep an eye on stationary . A whole new line came in, so all the older lines on certain items will need to be sold off.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

cmdrRiker wrote: »

img1.jpg

Twas 69.99 when I checked it last night in Douglas :(
    You seen it upstairs beside the other food processors?

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Twas 69.99 when I checked it last night in Douglas :(
    You seen it upstairs beside the other food processors?

I took this one from Clearance shelf just before the food processors - it had yellow "Reduced" sticker on it but it was not tampered with or anything so not even sure why the reduction.

DP again....

http://www.shavers.co.uk/product.php?product_id=1242

1242_large.jpg

Braun Silk epil 5, now €16 in Tesco Ballybeg. There was another Braun epil thing for €12 as well.

Must be a really old model, the only price I can find for it is £40 on the website above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭Gormal

The scanner in Tesco Manor West Tralee is ACTUALLY WORKING!! Hooray!! 1st time it's actually worked in like forever. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

893%5C5052109945893%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

71 cent!

white price ticket, so should be all stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

2 x Cornetto's
    2 x Magnums
    2 x Twisters
    2 x Milky and Choclate Ice Creams

All of this for 1.74 .. Absolute bargain I got it on Monday I think .. Could be gone by next week

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭mell61

Tesco Drogheda, 24Hour one
    KitKat Chunky 4 pack, + 100% extra (so an 8 pack), €1.20.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Picked up a silent night duvet, kingsize 14.5 tog in Tesco Douglas yesterday for 6.50! ,was probably store specific but they keep randomly popping up so worth keeping an eye out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

mell61 wrote: »
    same with normal 4 piece kitkats. Bet some newsagents try charging 1.20 for the one!
    Nanazolie wrote: »
    (no amazing offer in the Easter eggs, though, how on earth will I get my chocolate fix? :mad:)
    Lots of "medium" eggs are 1.50 now. They seem to be 150-170g. A typical bar is ~55g

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tesco are doing a deal a day until Easter
    13.03.1.B.easter.jpg

Day 2's deal is 'better than half price frozen turkey' whatever that is

bouncy castles in arklow for €150.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

snubbleste wrote: »
    13.03.1.B.easter.jpg

They've been 3 for €4 for the last few weeks, so that new "special offer" is actually more expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

6-pack of Coke/Coke Zero €3.50
    Walker's Ruffles, 2 for €3.50
    Walker's Extra Crunchy, 2 for €3.00
    KP Dry Roasted Peanuts, €2.00
    Hula Hoops Big Hoops, €1.73
    McCoy's 6-pack Meaty variety, €1.80

• Advertisement

Arklow

lots of 6 packs of free range eggs for €1 in salmonella corner a half an hour ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

Soarer wrote: »
    They've been 3 for €4 for the last few weeks, so that new "special offer" is actually more expensive.

Same for the easter eggs with the mugs. They were 4.35 each last weekend and I bought a Munchies one.
    Today when I went into the Ballinrobe store there was a big display by the entrance with a special offer price of €5 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cantona_deux

Just right scans for 2.44, Twix 4 pack 1.37. Tesco Killarney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

13.03.1.B.easter.jpg

Day 2:13.04.2.B.easter.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭uli84

Anybody can help locating price scanner in Tesco Cabra, Dublin please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Some reductions across the toiletries range in Mahon at 75% or more off. A lot of empty shelf space though:( Incudes always silk, herbal essance range, own brand shower gels/shampoos conditioners, elvive. The reductions are quite random so take your time to look through the toiletry section and you wouldn't know what bargains you may find:cool:

Also 75% off were the jelly belly small tins @ €2 (The jars were half price at €6 which is also good value) and 75% off the Heaven scent wax lyrical range (Candles and diffuser things) and some own brand candles and pot pourri
    51k3xAFdTSL._AA160_.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

They're bringing in new and improved products ( read same products at same price with less content)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

uli84 wrote: »

You do know you can ask the shop floor managers,at customer services or ask any person on the checkouts.;)

They're bringing in new and improved products ( read same products at same price with less content)

But maybe some new Irish suppliers!

Tommee Tippee Thermometer

IDShot_225x225.jpg

I've seen this at €6.78 in the last week, must be a pricing issue as it should be well over €30.

Might be an older version of this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tommee-Tippee-Closer-Digital-Thermometer/dp/B005K7KQD4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

wmpdd3 wrote: »

IDShot_225x225.jpg

I've seen this at €6.78 in the last week, must be a pricing issue as it should be well over €30.

Which store did you see this price in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Had forgotten to post this mega bargain:cool: Tesco Value Nose hair trimmer for only 44c.
    1333340_1.jpgnosehair.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6 uzi2000

wmpdd3 wrote: »

IDShot_225x225.jpg

45euro wilton tesco :(

yeah, its back to full price now, it was 6 wednesday, def a mistake! I didnt buy one, i just saw the sel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Checked Naas, Athlone and Clearwater today. Full price. The disposible tips that you use are €6.78 tho, you sure you didn't mix them up.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tommee-Tippee-Digital-Thermometer-refills/dp/B005K7KRRE/ref=pd_bxgy_by_img_y

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

A bit off topic (Sorry Mods) but Nestle have a recall of certain varieties of Chunky Kit Kat after seven people found pieces of plastic in bars.

• Advertisement

Yawns wrote: »
    Checked Naas, Athlone and Clearwater today. Full price. The disposible tips that you use are €6.78 tho, you sure you didn't mix them up.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tommee-Tippee-Digital-Thermometer-refills/dp/B005K7KRRE/ref=pd_bxgy_by_img_y

Oh, I think you might be right, its too much of a coincidence.

elvive leave discontinued lines are now 75% off.

this spray is €1.65:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TOB2f47NPe8/ToXekCq_mqI/AAAAAAAAEEc/utpo2exabpg/s1600/Jennifer_Lopez_Elvive_Triple_Resist_02.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

do you reckon they were selling these off fast before they had the hassle of withdrawing them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

I know prices fluctuate a bit with tesco... but glade candles ("with love" etc.) were always €3 - €3.50 and are now €6.49 and have been so for a good while now!

+€3.00 :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Got a couple of Nerf Super Soaker Thunderstorm water guns in Navan for €2 each.

The cheapest I can see them on Amazon is £14.95.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Lemlin wrote: »

Must check limerick today, wife will love me when the kids soak each other during the 10 minutes of summer we have!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

uli84 wrote: »

There isn't one, like already said you have to go to a member of staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

208-3816_PI_TPS751520?wid=250&hei=250&$Detail$

Morphy Richards cordless kettle just €6.50 in Tesco Balbriggan. I'm guessing it's an older model as there are few places you can buy it online.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Morphy-Richards-Accents-43836-Stainless/dp/B003TSE2AO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Only the weird flavoured ones like fudge , mint and coconut(wtf???) have plastic in them. The low price must be keep customers buying the product

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Sub430

Speedo Pacific Storm swim goggles reduced to €6.50

Scanning €3.50 in Tullamore.

£7.20 on amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Speedo-Pacific-Storm-Goggle-Clear/dp/B001QJ5S1U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1364147180&sr=8-2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭rameire

Lemlin wrote: »

Naas had 5 of them, all gone now. It was a normal white SEL.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement