Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costa Conundrum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Already sold him (*cough* PARlance *cough*)
    PARlance wrote: »
    It's been a spectacular success for me anyway.
    534k when I dropped him. 8k now.

Keeping Costa meant that a lot couldn't get on the Sanchez bus. The opportunity cost of keeping him was massive. As long as there's no operation, hopefully he'll be back with a bang.

I kept him and went from 425k to 894(no k) in the same period!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Selling for Aguero
    meh, didn't know what to do with him, or who to get in his place so kept him - wasn't overly happy about it - but everyone of my rivals also kept him so nothing loss/nothing gained and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Selling for Welbeck/Lukaku/Berahino/etc.
    FHFC wrote: »
    ....whereas Suarez was.......????

Different type of nutter ;). Costa gets wound up way too much and should have been on a yellow before his crap tackle for all those tussles with Skrtel.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Different type of nutter ;). Costa gets wound up way too much and should have been on a yellow before his crap tackle for all those tussles with Skrtel.

Skrtel nearly became an honorary member today!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Waiting for more news
    ....whereas Suarez was.......????

An even bigger nutter!

• Advertisement

I kept him and went from 425k to 894(no k) in the same period!!

Go away you will ya.
    That doesn't help my point at all :)

You'd be first overall if you got rid of him ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Selling for Aguero
    He will probably play the schalke away game which is midweek between wba and Sunderland as if schalke beat Chelsea they will more than likely top the group. We will finally find out if mourinho is spoofing or not with his 3 games in a week thing.

I don't think Costa will start any European games now until the group stages personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    I don't think Costa will start any European games now until the group stages personally.

It will be interesting to see what he does anyway as if schalke beat them chelsea probably wont top the group.
    Nov 22 WBA H
    Nov 25 Schalke A
    Nov29 Sunderland A
    Dec 3 Spurs H
    Dec 6 Newcastle A
    If what mourinho has been saying is true he wont start them all. The problem is I dont believe a thing mourinho says. I think Im going to do without him anyway Im happy to captain aguero nearly every week and the way costa plays he will surely get that next yellow soon.
    Having said that Im raging I sold costa for rooney yesterday as I used up a precious transfer and now I need another one to get rid of rooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Selling for Aguero
    It will be interesting to see what he does anyway as if schalke beat them chelsea probably wont top the group.
    Nov 22 WBA H
    Nov 25 Schalke A
    Nov29 Sunderland A
    Dec 3 Spurs H
    Dec 6 Newcastle A
    If what mourinho has been saying is true he wont start them all. The problem is I dont believe a thing mourinho says. I think Im going to do without him anyway Im happy to captain aguero nearly every week and the way costa plays he will surely get that next yellow soon.
    Having said that Im raging I sold costa for rooney yesterday as I used up a precious transfer and now I need another one to get rid of rooney.

They still have Drogba and Remy will be back by then. Mourinho for me is one manager who always tends to prioritise the league over the CL group stages.

I think Remy will start against Schalke and Costa will get a shout if needed. Mourinho will be eager IMO to continue pushing forward while Chelsea have the advantage. City's slump won't last forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Selling for Aguero
    Nov 22 WBA H
    Nov 25 Schalke A
    Nov29 Sunderland A
    Dec 3 Spurs H
    Dec 6 Newcastle A
    you must have brought in Rooney with an eye on his upcoming fixtures? I'm sticking with him for next 3 as planned anyway

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    you must have brought in Rooney with an eye on his upcoming fixtures? I'm sticking with him for next 3 as planned anyway

I did was very disappointed with his starting position yesterday he wasn't behind the front man him . It was more or less Carrick deep with Rooney and fellani either side taking turns going forward. He had attacking returns in his 3 previous home games . I was going to take him out today I was that frustrated but have decided I'm going to leave it till fri week to make a decision an rvp injury would change things.

Selling for Aguero
    I did was very disappointed with his starting position yesterday he wasn't behind the front man him . It was more or less Carrick deep with Rooney and fellani either side taking turns going forward. He had attacking returns in his 3 previous home games . I was going to take him out today I was that frustrated but have decided I'm going to leave it till fri week to make a decision an rvp injury would change things.

the way RVP is playing and mata played the logical thing would be to put Rooney up top (and on pens) and mata in behind........falcao will be 2weeks fitter though........when he gets fit he will be back in my team!

Hola Diego... sombrero truco por favor

(Sombrero Truco may not be the perfect translation for Hat Trick :D)

You caved?! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Waiting for more news

'Tres tantos' is what they say I believe.

You caved?! :(

Only when the tide goes out do you realise who has been swimming naked..... :)

Selling for Aguero
    I have him but would not be against him getting booked today....

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

I guess today is the day the rightness or wrongness of selling Costa will be decided for me. I will get him back for next week unless he is booked or injured.
    Had him from the start of the season and sold before the United game. My replacements have done a little better than Costa over that time. However money spent elsewhere has got more points.

The game today will make for painful viewing. He will face a physical battle with the WBA centre backs so a yellow card would not be a shock though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Selling for Pelle
    jebforever wrote: »
    'Tres tantos' is what they say I believe.

Un triplete

I would do dirty things for a Costa blank and yellow today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I've had Costa since the start and kept him through his injury.

I don't know, there just seems to be something about today like its going to be a big day for him. Aguero is a fantastic player but very injury prone. I haven't brought him in yet but am working towards having the funds to do so but he really is an injury nightmare at that price.

I've been toying around with the idea of having a cheap option up front that I can buy and sell on a regular basis with players like Austin, Berahino, Ulloa and Naismith to pick from.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Selling for Aguero
    eagle eye wrote: »
    I've had Costa since the start and kept him through his injury.

I don't know, there just seems to be something about today like its going to be a big day for him. Aguero is a fantastic player but very injury prone. I haven't brought him in yet but am working towards having the funds to do so but he really is an injury nightmare at that price.

I've been toying around with the idea of having a cheap option up front that I can buy and sell on a regular basis with players like Austin, Berahino, Ulloa and Naismith to pick from.

No, he isn't an injury nightmare. He was last season but not this season.

Lot of people stay away from him and yet have Costa from the start.

Winning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

That's it, will be taking a hit to get him back in...can't go through this torture again next weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Selling for Pelle
    Winning :)

Why didn't I do this this week:
    menoscemo wrote: »
    It's always been my plan to go Fab-Oscar and Pelle-Costa next week. I would do it this week but Fab and Costa and pelle are on the brink of suspensions so I don't want to get Costa in now only for him to be suspended next week (and likely cheaper).

If there is any word of fab not playing tomorrow though I will do Fab to Oscar today for -4pths hit.

Unless he picks up a yellow, I will be doing it this evening.

Fabregas 72 costa 69 hazard 67 costa has missed 2 games.
    PPG Costa 6.9 fabregas 6 hazard 5.6

Not including the 2 games palace and utd costa missed through injury the last 6 gws that the 3 of them have been on the pitch.
    Hazard 44 costa 28 fabregas 27

Im happy enough to go without him for the next 3 games Im hoping he plays against schalke midweek and then its 3 games in a week.
    Sat Sunderland A
    Wed Spurs H
    Sat Newcastle A
    I think there is a chance he wont start at newcastle away even if he does there is always the hope of that yellow. Spurs at home is the game Id like him for Id give him the armband for that one.

Selling for Aguero
    Fabregas 72 costa 69 hazard 67 costa has missed 2 games.
    PPG Costa 6.9 fabregas 6 hazard 5.6

Not including the 2 games palace and utd costa missed through injury the last 6 gws that the 3 of them have been on the pitch.
    Hazard 44 costa 28 fabregas 27

Im happy enough to go without him for the next 3 games Im hoping he plays against schalke midweek and then its 3 games in a week.
    Sat Sunderland A
    Wed Spurs H
    Sat Newcastle A
    I think there is a chance he wont start at newcastle away even if he does there is always the hope of that yellow. Spurs at home is the game Id like him for Id give him the armband for that one.

My frontline is currently Rooney aguero costa
    In still considering selling costa for bony or next 4 game weeks and getting In hazard
    Again today costa scored but got zero bonus
    And is one booking away from a ban
    I'm seriously considering it
    Will switch Rooney back to costa in a few weeks then probably

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Another goal for Costa but that's it. Was about 7th in BPS. Hazard and Fabregas with 20 points more than covered.

However I still need Pelle to do well or it's moot.

His BPS was quite low today because he missed two big chances. I still don't think he would have beaten Cahill's 30 BPS due to his offsides and losing the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Selling for Aguero
    costa is still gonna go mental some games he was so close to getting 2/3 goals today on another day you can see them going in and he brings in a massive score

Advertisement