Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

_____________|schmeichel/_______________

Shaw Pagoneili (rotates with vlaar) Flanagan Debuchy

Fabregas Mata (c) Sanchez Ramsey

Dzeko Lambert

Subs ; Speroni Gayle, Vlaar, Puncheon

Lambert is a steal at 7.5 imo

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

_____________|schmeichel/_______________

Shaw Pagoneili (rotates with vlaar) Flanagan Debuchy

Fabregas Mata (c) Sanchez Ramsey

Dzeko Lambert

Subs ; Speroni Gayle, Vlaar, Puncheon

Lambert is a steal at 7.5 imo

Will Lambert play every game though? He wasn't starting every game at Saints iirc. Liverpool have an awful lot of midfielders too so could play with just Sturridge up top.

The opinion of many people was that Liverpool went for Lambert because he would be a striker who wouldn't mind sitting on the bench at this stage of his career.

Another striker could easily be in there by the start of the season too.

Your team looks good to me, bar being missing a big hitting attacker to captain like Costa or RVP, and having Vlaar - any defender from a Paul Lambert team is a no go area for me.

Hi guys, this is a first draft. Feel free to comment.

I've probably spent too much on the midfield five but with the current prices that could be the way to go.

Will probably try fit in a Utd striker once I see whether Rooney or Van Persie starts the season. I need Liverpool cover as well.

Not sure whether Pantilimon or Mannone will be first choice for Sunderland so will change that as necessary.

It will probably change a good bit before the start of the season. :pac:

FF14_15_Draft2.png

Very strong team for me. Only questions would be:

1. Will Azpi start? Chelsea are signing Filipe Luis.
    2. Upson and Steven Taylor are your subs and I can't see either starting. I have Targett from Saints down as one 4.0 mil defender that looks like he will start.

Your midfield is superb.

As for Panti, I think it's madness that people think Mannone will be dropped. He was a hero for Sunderland last season. I'm surprised he wasn't their player of the season.

Anyone who think he may be dropped look up the highlights of Sunderland's away game against Everton at Xmas.

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    Get wilshere and crouch out of that team deary me. Plenty of others options in midfield for 6.5m

Odemwingie is a steal at 6.5 mil for me in midfield.

Edit: I realise there's a Lemlin post overload but people need to start actually rating teams and giving opinions!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Lemlin wrote: »
    Will Lambert play every game though? He wasn't starting every game at Saints iirc. Liverpool have an awful lot of midfielders too so could play with just Sturridge up top.

I think Lambert will be used from the bench. Rodgers likes to play with one striker (he played two last season as Suarez and Sturridge were in undroppable form).

At a guess, I'd say it will be:
    Gerrard
    Henderson
    Lallana/Coutinho
    Sterling--Sturridge--Markovic/Coutinho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Edit: I realise there's a Lemlin post overload but people need to start actually rating teams and giving opinions!

We're only just back in pre season training so we're a bit sluggish yet. You've clearly come back to training in good shape while the rest of us are a bit Ben Arfa. ;)

FHFC wrote: »
    We're only just back in pre season training so we're a bit sluggish yet. You've clearly come back to training in good shape while the rest of us are a bit Ben Arfa. ;)

We'll see what shape I'm in come GW1! Plus I've a one year old that's like an alarm clock at half six every morning which helps!

Benimar wrote: »
    I think Lambert will be used from the bench. Rodgers likes to play with one striker (he played two last season as Suarez and Sturridge were in undroppable form).

At a guess, I'd say it will be:
    Gerrard
    Henderson
    Lallana/Coutinho
    Sterling--Sturridge--Markovic/Coutinho

That's certainly the spin any Liverpool supporter I know has put on it.

Lambert doesn't fit the profile of the player Rodgers is signing (young with good potential) so he has to be for cover.

We all know Sturridge is fond of picking up "knocks".

We'll see what shape I'm in come GW1! Plus I've a one year old that's like an alarm clock at half six every morning which helps!

Its a 21 month old up since 6.45 here....plus a hangover for good measure. :) Not a chance I could fashion a coherent comment on someone's team!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Very strong team for me. Only questions would be:

1. Will Azpi start? Chelsea are signing Filipe Luis.
    2. Upson and Steven Taylor are your subs and I can't see either starting. I have Targett from Saints down as one 4.0 mil defender that looks like he will start.

Your midfield is superb.

As for Panti, I think it's madness that people think Mannone will be dropped. He was a hero for Sunderland last season. I'm surprised he wasn't their player of the season.

Anyone who think he may be dropped look up the highlights of Sunderland's away game against Everton at Xmas.

Thanks Lemlin for the critique. :)

Just on those points:

1. I reckon Azpilicueta will be our starting RB as a Chelsea fan.

ManBearPig (AKA Ivanovic) will probably be used as cover between CB and RB this season with Azpi sliding to left back if Luis is out.

I can't see us being as lucky with regard to injury at CB this year. So Ivan will see game time instead of Terry/Cahill this year.
    Zouma will be another interesting player if we see injuries at CB over an extended period.

Felipe Luis will offer the size and strength on the left side of the defence that Ivan did last year with the ability to complete a cross :pac: and Jose loved the workrate Azpi gave us last year and at right back he will have much better Attacking potential.
    I'm waiting to see what price Felipe Luis will come in at anyway.

2. On the 4M defenders, I'm aware Taylor and Upson are pretty much bench fodder. I have to find the gems who will play regularly.
    Targett is a great shout, I've heard comments on him being the next great left back off the Southampton conveyor belt.
    This problem is due to stacking the midfield so strongly. The forwards suffered as well as a result.

3. On Pantilimon, you're right. Mannone definitely deserves to be first choice at Sunderland but it's an easy fix as they both cost the same anyway.

Other questions:

What's the best strategy regarding strikers this year do you think? Is it one big hitter with a rotating 2nd striker or 1 big and 1 medium hitter?

With Sanchez being classified as a midfielder you could effectively count him as a striker if he hits the ground running so that's another way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I'm torn between him and Arnautovic. Have Arnie currently since he was killing it FPL wise at the end of last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

2r2w2dx.png

Just on those points:

ManBearPig (AKA Ivanovic) will probably be used as cover between CB and RB this season with Azpi sliding to left back if Luis is out.

Interesting points re Chelsea defence. I had Azpil in my first draft but was gonna spend the extra 0.5 on Terry for the gametime security. If I thought Azpil was a fairly certain starter I'd have him right in there. He was a cracking player for me last season and was getting his attacking mojo on towards the end of the season.

I'm thinking the core of ny defence starting of will be Man U (DDG), Arsenal (Debuchy) and Chelsea (Azpil/Terry). Then three cheapies, or maybe a 5.0 and two rotating cheapies.

Looking at something along these lines for now.

Pelle is tempting and has some record in Holland. But could easily be the next Van Wolfswinkel too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Interesting points re Chelsea defence. I had Azpil in my first draft but was gonna spend the extra 0.5 on Terry for the gametime security. If I thought Azpil was a fairly certain starter I'd have him right in there. He was a cracking player for me last season and was getting his attacking mojo on towards the end of the season.

I'm thinking the core of ny defence starting of will be Man U (DDG), Arsenal (Debuchy) and Chelsea (Azpil/Terry). Then three cheapies, or maybe a 5.0 and two rotating cheapies.

I think most of the Spanish contingent are back in pre-season training with Chelsea next week. That will give Azpilicueta plenty of time in pre-season to get up to speed before the new season.

Keep an eye on the preseason games to see who Mourinho will be favouring, but Ivanovic was a huge part of the problem last year against weaker teams/deep defensive blocks as teams gave him plenty of room and lots of the ball on the right hand side because he is a poor crosser of the ball and doesn't link up well with attacking midfielders.

Azpilicueta and Luis would be a huge improvement offensively (even if one stays deeper the majority of the time).

Diego Costa will be a better aerial threat for the full backs to pick out as well so there should be improved return in the form of assists.

Hazard should benefit with Luis behind as he will now have a left footed full back who will be prepared to overlap him and release him to run at defenders earlier as Azpi struggled a bit playing as a right-footed left back. (Defensively he was amazing last year)

Just on those points:

I can't see us being as lucky with regard to injury at CB this year. So Ivan will see game time instead of Terry/Cahill this year.
    Zouma will be another interesting player if we see injuries at CB over an extended period.

Felipe Luis will offer the size and strength on the left side of the defence that Ivan did last year with the ability to complete a cross :pac: and Jose loved the workrate Azpi gave us last year and at right back he will have much better Attacking potential.
    I'm waiting to see what price Felipe Luis will come in at anyway.

2. On the 4M defenders, I'm aware Taylor and Upson are pretty much bench fodder. I have to find the gems who will play regularly.
    Targett is a great shout, I've heard comments on him being the next great left back off the Southampton conveyor belt.
    This problem is due to stacking the midfield so strongly. The forwards suffered as well as a result.

3. On Pantilimon, you're right. Mannone definitely deserves to be first choice at Sunderland but it's an easy fix as they both cost the same anyway.

Other questions:

What's the best strategy regarding strikers this year do you think? Is it one big hitter with a rotating 2nd striker or 1 big and 1 medium hitter?

With Sanchez being classified as a midfielder you could effectively count him as a striker if he hits the ground running so that's another way to go.

I wouldn't have seen Ivanovic being dropped tbh.

I'm going with a midfield five of Hazard, Ramsey, Silva, Eriksen and Albrighton. Along with a front three of RVP, Wickham and Jelavic.

I may change strategy when I look at it more closely but I generally play 3-4-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Ha most of us haven't enough clue to comment

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I wouldn't have seen Ivanovic being dropped tbh.

I'm going with a midfield five of Hazard, Ramsey, Silva, Eriksen and Albrighton. Along with a front three of RVP, Wickham and Jelavic.

I may change strategy when I look at it more closely but I generally play 3-4-3.

not too many going with hazard on here. He will be in my team especially now that he is exclusively on pens with lampard gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,325 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Pelle is tempting and has some record in Holland. But could easily be the next Van Wolfswinkel too.

I'm willing to bet Pelle will be the highest points scorer this season of strikers 7.5m or less at the start

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

not too many going with hazard on here. He will be in my team especially now that he is exclusively on pens with lampard gone.
    Is Costa not a threat to take them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

With Remy now off to 'pool, surely he's a must-have?

• Advertisement

Is Costa not a threat to take them?

I never considered that but I cant see why they would take pens off hazard he is excellent at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

He was. :D

3892212108.jpg

MagicIRL wrote: »
    With Remy now off to 'pool, surely he's a must-have?

I dont think he will play centrally unless sturridge is injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Few changes (already!)

Brought in Targett as a 4.0m defender. Plan to rotate him out with King from Leicester. Undecided who'll play GW1, leaning towards King.

Dropped Sánchez for Ramsey and an extra 1.5m. Dropped Dzeko for Remy up front, also freeing up 1.5m, and brought in Silva for my midfield. Naismith and Bruce make up the rest of my bench with Schmeichel as my second keeper.

As said above, unsure on what role Remy will have at Liverpool. Any suggestions for that position are appreciated. I have RVP in there currently, but may be forced to drop him for a combo of Costa / Giroud and Ramsey to Mata or something similar as time goes on. I wanted to have that 12.5m used up anyway, so I have the option of RVP if needed without a full team re-work.

315173.PNG

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

14667544976_6e8c4e4d8e_z.jpg

GK - Krul and Mannone rotate and 9 million are cheap as chips.

DEF - Terry/Jones(would Evans be a better choice?) will be the back bone of my defence with Cameron and O' Shea rotated.
    Bruce is a 4 mill defender. Is there a better option at that price? Targett?

MID - Quite happy with the midfield.

STR - Quite happy up front too, have RVP in now as it's easy to get rid of 12.5 million(if he flops) compared to scrambling to get him in.

Note: Have three Utd players in team due to relatively easy start to season and also with no european football, there will be less rotation of key players.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Few changes (already!)

Brought in Targett as a 4.0m defender. Plan to rotate him out with King from Leicester. Undecided who'll play GW1, leaning towards King.

Dropped Sánchez for Ramsey and an extra 1.5m. Dropped Dzeko for Remy up front, also freeing up 1.5m, and brought in Silva for my midfield. Naismith and Bruce make up the rest of my bench with Schmeichel as my second keeper.

As said above, unsure on what role Remy will have at Liverpool. Any suggestions for that position are appreciated. I have RVP in there currently, but may be forced to drop him for a combo of Costa / Giroud and Ramsey to Mata or something similar as time goes on. I wanted to have that 12.5m used up anyway, so I have the option of RVP if needed without a full team re-work.

315173.PNG

Swap Fabregas for Mata and that's my first 11. Different bench though.

I'm going with him because I've found at Chelsea over the years midfielders often perform better from a big striker being signed than the striker himself e.g. Lampard lived off the good work of Drogba for years.

I want Chelsea cover and there were games last season where Hazard was unplayable e.g. Against Sunderland.

Swap Fabregas for Mata and that's my first 11. Different bench though.

Who's your bench?

The opinion of many people was that Liverpool went for Lambert because he would be a striker who wouldn't mind sitting on the bench at this stage of his career.

Another striker could easily be in there by the start of the season too.

Your team looks good to me, bar being missing a big hitting attacker to captain like Costa or RVP, and having Vlaar - any defender from a Paul Lambert team is a no go area for me.

Thems wise words

Schmeichel

Shaw. Pagoneili Flanagan. Debuchy

Schurle. Sanchez. Ramsey. Mata

Costa. (C) Dzeko.

Subs; Speroni. Gayle. Mikel. Vlaar.

Mikel is a stop gap till i find a better 4.5 mid.

Good team for opening day

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    First attempt to squeeze RVP and Sanchez in. Will definitely make a lot of changes before the start of the season, waiting for the team transfers news, injuries etc.

Can't wait for the start of the season.

315130.jpg

Van persie makes wreck of the team.

Him and augerio cant seem to stat fit so i am avoiding them like the plague this season.

You have some solid players but nothing electric there. Lallana wont get massive scores as is no longer the focal creative player. Schurrle wont start every game though i have him myself. Remy could be a good call but qpr will struggle. Mert is too expensive with debuchy available

Advertisement