Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 27 Matchday Thread - Insight, analysis and general malcontent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Foster home to Southampton or Krul home to Villa...cant decide who to go with. Any thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

thomasm wrote: »
    Foster home to Southampton or Krul home to Villa...cant decide who to go with. Any thoughts

I have the same decision in UFPL I think Krul edges it. Although Southampton haven't been scoring lately (and neither have Villa) they have a hell of a lot more potential to!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Brought in Walters and Craig Dawson for Lucas and Wisdom. So lining up as below. Happy enough. Had to use my two free transfers though to get 11.

Pulis
    Craig Dawson, PVA, Naughton, Bertrand
    Walters, Sanchez, Puncheon, Silva
    Aguero (C), Giroud
    Bench, Terry, Haz, Kane.

At this stage of the season it's all about those little mind games,going starting Hazard,Kane and Terry,imagine the fear in the opposition dressingroom when they hear that on Sky Sports news!;)

Be a mistake not starting them for the GW this thread is about!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

At this stage of the season it's all about those little mind games,going starting Hazard,Kane and Terry,imagine the fear in the opposition dressingroom when they hear that on Sky Sports news!;)

Might do this too. Will it matter what may I have to sub's to ensure I get a valid formation ?

• Advertisement

Might do this too. Will it matter what may I have to sub's to ensure I get a valid formation ?

Yeh formation rules still apply. Imagine how disgusted you would be though if you did that then when you worked it out you would have the highest score in the world on Saturday night but instead you have an average score with 30-40 points on the bench. Being highest score in the world on a Saturday night is better than having a load of bench points come in on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

iroced wrote: »
    I don't know if it's been posted but does someone know the CS odds for this GW ?

Utd 5/6
    Stoke 5/4
    Arsenal 5/4
    Newcastle _13/10
    Wham 7/5
    Soton 7/5
    Burnley 15/8
    Wba 21/10
    City 12/5
    Swansea 23/10
    Hull 13/5
    Palace 11/4
    Villa 11/4
    Liverpool 16/5
    Everton 11/2
    Sunderland 13/2

All PP. Surprised WBA are 21/10 at home, I've doubled up on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Hazard the p***k just said he feels 'tired' and doesn't want to start today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Are Hutton and Berinaho still doubtful 50% does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Interesting to see what move my rival has made. He has Chadli , Kane , Cahill, Hazard, Caulker and maybe Blackett all out for this week but he's only made the 1 transfer..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

tmc86 wrote: »

They are.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

5-2-2 formation. Lucas was meant to be back from injury sooner so that kinda messed with my plans :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Guzan
    PvA Cresswell Clichy Lescott
    JWP Silva Downing
    Aguero(c) Giroud

Green Kane Hazard Terry Eriksen

Just the 10 for me this week. Hoping for a big day from West Ham. I was very close to captaining Downing but I chickened out at the last minute.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

A nice 4-4-2 although I only expect a few points for PVA as a late sub.
    Foster
    Bertrand - Jones - Bellerin - PVA
    Silva - Boyd - Sanchez - Di Maria
    Aguero (c) - Benteke

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

Brought in Scotty Sinclair this week, if he could bag me a couple it would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

4-4-2.

I have way too many Arsenal attackers but I'll worry about that next week!

Forster,
    Bertrand, Dawson, PvA, Taylor.
    Ameobi, Sanchez, Ozil, ADM,
    Aguero (C), Giroud.

I'm not exactly expecting lots of points today, but I'll be happy if PvA and Ameobi make appearances!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Brought in Scotty Sinclair this week, if he could bag me a couple it would be greatly appreciated

I was tempted by him, but after Puncheon I'm wary of flash-in-the-pan type success. :o

tmc86 wrote: »

Yep they are. I have been searching for an update on Bera too but nothing seems to have come out. Hutton is "touch and go" but that doesn't really help!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,648 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Just 10 and took a -8 to sort out defence, hoping to get a 0-0 in the WBA game as I'm triple involved.

Foster
    Berlin Bertrand Dawson Duff (won't play)
    Cazorla Ozil Silva Walters
    Aguero Sturbridge

Captained Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Fingers crossed 11 runners today -

Krul
    Lescott Taylor Wilson Monreal
    ADM Sterling Puncheon
    Defoe Giroud Aguero(C)

Panti / PVA / Hazard / Eriksen

Any worries over Monreal/Giroud/Wilson not starting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,550 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

PVA to start and contribute towards a heroic clean sheet at Old Trafford...I can feel it :)

dahat wrote: »
    Just 10 and took a -8 to sort out defence, hoping to get a 0-0 in the WBA game as I'm triple involved.

Foster
    Berlin Bertrand Dawson Duff (won't play)
    Cazorla Ozil Silva Walters
    Aguero Sturbridge

Captained Aguero.

I assume Berlin is Bellerin? Berlin is a much better name for him! -8 to fix the defence is a bit iffy hope they are able to repay you!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

I was tempted by him, but after Puncheon I'm wary of flash-in-the-pan type success. :o

Yeah bit of a risk but sure why not, reckoned he'd be outscoring Albrighton at least! He'll probably go and get sent off now...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Finally ended up getting Walters and C. Dawson for Lucas & Baird.

Debated a long time between Dawson & Wollschield but WB next 3 games are better so if PvA is confirmed out of favour I'll need a good replacement. May get Wollscheid for PvA for GW30 when Stoke will get a very nice run of fixtures. Discarded Naughton since Swansea fixtures are pretty tough.

So doubling up on Pulis yet again. It never worked up to now though :rolleyes:...
    Foster
    Jones Coloccini C. Dawson Wollscheid
    Sanchez Cazorla ADM (VC) Walters
    Aguero (C) Giroud
    Myhill ; Terry Hazard Kane

Can't wait to see my rivals team now. Must win game for me in the FSA CL!

- edit -
    This week selection headaches never ends. Now to sort out my 6N teams :P...

PVA to start and contribute towards a heroic clean sheet at Old Trafford...I can feel it :)

Hope not I have benched him! If he lets me down last week and then comes in this week i'll be on to Poyet!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,507 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

TEAMS: #WHUFC Adrian, Jenkinson, Reid, Tomkins, Cresswell, Song, Noble (c), Kouyate, Downing, Sakho, Valencia #WHUCRY

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

TEAMS: #WHUFC Adrian, Jenkinson, Reid, Tomkins, Cresswell, Song, Noble (c), Kouyate, Downing, Sakho, Valencia #WHUCRY

TEAMS: #WHUFC subs: Jaaskelainen, Nolan, Jarvis, Nene, O'Brien, Collins, Demel #WHUCRY

Palace team to play @whufc_official: Speroni, Ward, Delaney, Dann, Kelly, Jedinak, Mutch, Bolasie, Puncheon, Zaha, Murray.

Palace subs: Hennessey, Souare, Hangeland, McArthur, Ledley, Gayle, Ameobi.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,507 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

As usual when I have no involved in a game, 1-1 pls with no one of consequence involved in the goals...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,648 ✭✭✭✭dahat

jimmii wrote: »
    I assume Berlin is Bellerin? Berlin is a much better name for him! -8 to fix the defence is a bit iffy hope they are able to repay you!

Yeah it is, mobile keypad is the reason for odd spellings etc. Fingers too chunky.

Took the -8 as a long term punt, needed shot of Hutton and PVA, Bertrand is a much better option beside Terry and Bellerin going forward.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Yeah it is, mobile keypad is the reason for odd spellings etc. Fingers too chunky.

Took the -8 as a long term punt, needed shot of Hutton and PVA, Bertrand is a much better option beside Terry and Bellerin going forward.

Yeh Bertrand is class if you're going to take hits for defence it may as well be players like Hutton & PVA where the game time is less than certain and Berty can easily rack up a score! GL!

Advertisement