Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planning issues - post them here MOD WARNING post #1

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,830 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

rumar wrote: »
    Might be the wrong place to ask but anyone ever been turned down for a self build mortgage due to the fact that other members of your family have built close by? The site is on family land and my sister built a house 3 years ago but now banks are making an issue out of it. Its basically a private lane that runs alongside my fathers land into a field with 3 sites

Are we to assume you do not have planning permission yet, and the bank are hesitant to formally offer you a mortgage on a build you haven't yet secured?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭rumar

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Are we to assume you do not have planning permission yet, and the bank are hesitant to formally offer you a mortgage on a build you haven't yet secured?

We have planning permission and a legal right of way to the site. We have decent savings and only looking 175k of a mortgage to build a house worth approx 400k when built but getting a mortgage is proving very problematic

rumar wrote: »
    We have planning permission and a legal right of way to the site. We have decent savings and only looking 175k of a mortgage to build a house worth approx 400k when built but getting a mortgage is proving very problematic

Sounds like the banks are coming up with ever more "fruity" reasons for refusal.

What's your deposit versus construction cost percentage.

To be honest the "400k value when built" really doesn't mean anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭rumar

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Sounds like the banks are coming up with ever more "fruity" reasons for refusal.

What's your deposit versus construction cost percentage.

To be honest the "400k value when built" really doesn't mean anything.

Have 80k and looking 175k. House will cost 250k inc council fees and architects fees. And yep seems the banks are looking for any excuse not to lend

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭angrykoala

hi there all.

my partner and I are tempted to buy a site with full planning permission. granted four years ago. never considered building but theres nothing to buy in our area.
    this site has come up with full planning permission. we,ve looked at the plans of the house that the permission was granted with. we,re happy to build that house. what are the possibilities of getting the planning transferred to our names. would it need to be a full new application. also would it be best to get the original architect on board.they are his plans and he put through all the original paperwork. very new to this so not sure what to look for.
    initial meeting with the planning office in the morning to get there opinions but told there might be issues as we have no family ties to the area and have only rented here two years. any thoughts on what to do??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Hi Folks,

one of my family is looking at a plot of land close to where we live.
    The owner has drawn up a site outlay, it's a long narrow field of .6 Hectares and the plans show,a driveway along one side with access from that to 3 potential sites.
    The land has the correct zoning subject to ''Local needs'' which is fine as we live less that 200 yds away.

My question is this,

The driveway will be included in each plot of .2HA, which is the LA's minimum for waste water treatment, but can this area include the Driveway, or should the .2HA exclude the driveway.( which eventually will service 3 sites.)

I will raise this with the Auctioneer, but would welcome your thoughts before we open negotiations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

The 0.2ha should exclude the driveway in this case as the driveway will not be in one ownership but in multiple or joint ownerships with rights of way for each user.

That is, if this type of development is allowed to go ahead. In my experience the LA's don't like this type of development on unserviced lands.

most counties still require a min of 30 m public road frontage for rural sites, which wouldnt be possible with this kind of layout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

The 0.2ha should exclude the driveway in this case as the driveway will not be in one ownership but in multiple or joint ownerships with rights of way for each user.

That is, if this type of development is allowed to go ahead. In my experience the LA's don't like this type of development on unserviced lands.

Thanks for that PUT.

In this case the Local Development Plan, encourages this type of development, in certain Rural Cluster areas, with shared entrances, servicing more than one dwelling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 29bull

Hi,

We had a pre-planning meeting recently where the planner was dubious about our local ties to the townland where we wish to build.

My husband and I are looking to build on a site belonging to his father that is part of his farm. It is a few kilometers (less than 10 mins) drive from where we are renting now. This area where we wish to build has been in my husband's family for several generations and he helps his father farm it and rents a building here that he uses for his own business. His parents live a couple of kilometres away so the nearest family member is his elderly aunt who lives approx 1 km from the site. My OH also is involved in the local sports club (in the nearest town not in that townland).

The problem is we have not lived there for 7 years (Sustainable Rural Housing Guidelines 2005). Has anyone encountered this issue when applying for planning permission ?

I'm a little frustrated because it's not like we've just landed in the area.

Has anyone advice on this ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

29bull wrote: »
    Hi,

We had a pre-planning meeting recently where the planner was dubious about our local ties to the townland where we wish to build.

My husband and I are looking to build on a site belonging to his father that is part of his farm. It is a few kilometers (less than 10 mins) drive from where we are renting now. This area where we wish to build has been in my husband's family for several generations and he helps his father farm it and rents a building here that he uses for his own business. His parents live a couple of kilometres away so the nearest family member is his elderly aunt who lives approx 1 km from the site. My OH also is involved in the local sports club (in the nearest town not in that townland).

The problem is we have not lived there for 7 years (Sustainable Rural Housing Guidelines 2005). Has anyone encountered this issue when applying for planning permission ?

how Long have you got. In my experience unless your a farmer it's a long road with no guarantees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

29bull wrote: »
    Hi,

You need to sit down with a good local agent with a track record and discuss all your options in depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 theoptimist

29bull, listen to the planner. They are the ones who will make the decision and if they are dubious that says it all. I listened to opinions of so many architects, engineers etc when we were going through the process and they were very often wrong, telling me what I wanted to hear and often let me waste time and money when looking back on it I really should have listened to my own instincts, the planning rules in black and white, and if you can get them to talk frankly with you..the planner. No one has a crystal ball
    We are in wicklow and my (unqualified!) opinion is that there are not enough hard and fast rules for anyone to correctly predict/interpret the planning department/planners wishes, a huge amount of it seemed to be at the discretion of the individual planner. It is incredibly frustrating because it is not a case whereby you can tick all the boxes and then be confident of obtaining planning and often the requests of the department seem very illogical. Does anyone know why they like houses to be right on the road? Surely a house set well back with a well planted longer drive is less obtrusive?
    If it seems to you that it isn't going to be a goer then you are probably right! Our neighbours bought land 15 years ago wanting to build and have lived in rented accom and a mobile home up until this year when they finally moved into their house. They were running a business on site and i would have said there was a definite need for them to live where their business is. By the time they got planning they certainly met the guidelines on the length of time living in the area though!
    All that said your case does seem to have room for hope, do as uncle tom say and talk to a local engineer/architect, just don't take everything they say as gospel.

BryanF wrote: »
    how Long have you got. In my experience unless your a farmer it's a long road with no guarantees.

Thanks for the reply. We're learning very quickly that this is the case. I guess it's not enough to be out on the land mending fences and moving lives stock with your father most days because they need proof. The business is surely enriching the local community so we're going to argue that one for sure. We're meeting a professional next week for advice. I do agree the countryside needs to be protected but I was annoyed the land that's in a family for generations could not be used to build a sympathetic, vernacular house to sustain this generation.

You need to sit down with a good local agent with a track record and discuss all your options in depth.

Thanks Poor Uncle Tom. We're meeting a professional this week.

• Advertisement

29bull, listen to the planner. They are the ones who will make the decision and if they are dubious that says it all. I listened to opinions of so many architects, engineers etc when we were going through the process and they were very often wrong, telling me what I wanted to hear and often let me waste time and money when looking back on it I really should have listened to my own instincts, the planning rules in black and white, and if you can get them to talk frankly with you..the planner. No one has a crystal ball
    We are in wicklow and my (unqualified!) opinion is that there are not enough hard and fast rules for anyone to correctly predict/interpret the planning department/planners wishes, a huge amount of it seemed to be at the discretion of the individual planner. It is incredibly frustrating because it is not a case whereby you can tick all the boxes and then be confident of obtaining planning and often the requests of the department seem very illogical. Does anyone know why they like houses to be right on the road? Surely a house set well back with a well planted longer drive is less obtrusive?
    If it seems to you that it isn't going to be a goer then you are probably right! Our neighbours bought land 15 years ago wanting to build and have lived in rented accom and a mobile home up until this year when they finally moved into their house. They were running a business on site and i would have said there was a definite need for them to live where their business is. By the time they got planning they certainly met the guidelines on the length of time living in the area though!
    All that said your case does seem to have room for hope, do as uncle tom say and talk to a local engineer/architect, just don't take everything they say as gospel.

Thanks the optimist. I couldn't agree more with you about planners thinking houses built right on the road are less obtrusive. I have always been critical of this and now I'm even more aware. There is a jarring example very near the site we wish to build on it actually upsets me. It seems to go against the Cork Rural Planning Guide (I love this book). Thanks for telling me about your own experience and your poor neighbours. I definitely can't fathom it. I suppose they had little choice since they had bought the land already.

We're meeting a professional next week on the site to discuss options and we're going to give it a shot because quite frankly we'll regret it if we don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Talk to local councillors

Absolutely 29bull, give it a shot. In the end I was astonished at the design they waved through with no issues at all. They are unpredictable but it does sound like you tick a lot of the boxes. An architect will help you make your case.

Just keep in mind that no one can read the planners mind. I had a lot of conversations with engineer and architect that ran:

me: Are you sure that this issue wont be a problem? because it seems a pretty obvious sticking point to me.

Architect: no no, that shouldnt be any problem at all

me: hurray! thats great, lets get the application in

and guess what..it turned out to be a problem!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

^I think you just contradicted yourself there in saying that architects will help! Not every architect will have experience with making a planning application that demands a local needs assessment.

I'm probably contradicting myself left right and centre!
    but I was trying to say an architect will help, but there's a limit to how much they can help in some areas (even the ones with plenty of experience in trying to bring people through the process), cos a lot of the planning 'rules' are only 'guidelines'.
    When what they are telling 29bull seems to contradict what the planner is telling them, or one of the strictly required rules (there i go again with the contradictions!, but SOME of those rules are definitely rules and not guidelines) its time to be a bit wary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 miseannmarie

Just looked at a site that my partner and I would like to apply for planning permission on and to but if we get pp.
    Just been advise it's an a3 zone in cork county council. Iv tried searching info on this but no look, can anybody offer me advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Just looked at a site that my partner and I would like to apply for planning permission on and to but if we get pp.
    Just been advise it's an a3 zone in cork county council. Iv tried searching info on this but no look, can anybody offer me advice?
    Read the written statement of the development plan and it will indicate the main rules that apply. Further rules will apply generally.

Thread moved form Accommodation & Property.

Victor wrote: »
    Read the written statement of the development plan and it will indicate the main rules that apply. Further rules will apply generally.

Sorry but I really don't have a clue this is all new to me. Could you plead tell me where I would find the development plan? Thank you for your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Sorry but I really don't have a clue this is all new to me. Could you plead tell me where I would find the development plan? Thank you for your help

Google Cork County Council development plan A3 and you'll find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭angelic123

Is there different restrictions in different parishes, towns etc within each county?
    Who makes the rules, how do you figure out what restrictions lie - is there any easy way to find an area that i would be allowed to build in without having to bid on sites and apply for planning each time..

http://www.corkcoco.ie/co/pdf/260558658.pdf

http://www.corkcoco.ie/co/web/Cork%20County%20Council/Departments/Planning/Forms/Forms%20-%20PDF%20Versions/Supplementary%20Application%20Form

More than 7 years residing in the direct area, working in the direct area, family in the direct area, housing need, family farm etc etc May still not be enough in the cork county green belts: it's called planning & sustainable development. If you/family are not in an A3, then it's a long possibly pointless road

May I was to ask how many cars you need if you built on your site? And where the nearest shop,pub,school, your place of work will be? Does much public transport services pass the gate?

get a goggle map and mark the proposed house location on it And send it into the relevant local planner and ask to speak to them. They will suggest meeting at a planning clinic. Ensure you get pre-planning meeting number and take you own detailed notes. They will NOT give you a yes or no answer, however if you bring an architect or planning consultant they may read between the lines or argue your case, BUT when all is said & done the planners will only formally comment on a formal planning submission which takes approx 3 months & 2/5k in professional fees.

Best of luck

It has nothing to do with parishes.

It is down to the city / county development plan and any amending local plans for the site. In the case of former towns (all legal towns abolished June 2014), there may be additional policies to comply with. The legal status of being within a town boundary did not necessarily coincide with urban development.

Determine what council is relevant and using their website check the development plan maps for that area and check for a 'local needs' (name will vary) or similar clause in the text.

Moved from Accommodation & Property

2 A&P forum threads merged with planning thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 emereld

Hi all

I had gotten as far as changing the site entrance and some ground work, footings dug and poured.

Basically my permission for house extension and some site alterations has expired which was down to an economic reason, but am I in a position now to build again.

My question: I take it that it is seen as a new full application again? Could I use the old plans that were previously submitted or would there be a lot of new criteria that would be expected?

Any info and pointers would be greatly appreciated.

emereld wrote: »
    Hi all

I had gotten as far as changing the site entrance and some ground work, footings dug and poured.

Basically my permission for house extension and some site alterations has expired which was down to an economic reason, but am I in a position now to build again.

My question: I take it that it is seen as a new full application again? Could I use the old plans that were previously submitted or would there be a lot of new criteria that would be expected?

Any info and pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Extension Msq ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 emereld

BryanF wrote: »
    Extension Msq ?

The extension would be 175msq

• Registered Users Posts: 24 damianmc

A question about planning in the north.
    Im not sure if this is the right thread, but :

Anyone have any idea of the chances of PPS 21 being relaxed, changed in the newar future.
    I am looking at sites at the minute and alot of these guys seem to think its still 2005 judging by the prices theya re asking for.
    The trouble is due to PPS21 rural site in my area are few and far between.

Thank for all your info!

Do you need to fall under all the criteria?
    More than 7 years residing in the direct area, working in the direct area, family in the direct area, housing need, family farm etc etc May still not be enough in the cork county green belts: it's called planning & sustainable development. If you/family are not in an A3, then it's a long possibly pointless road

May I was to ask how many cars you need if you built on your site? And where the nearest shop,pub,school, your place of work will be? Does much public transport services pass the gate?

get a goggle map and mark the proposed house location on it And send it into the relevant local planner and ask to speak to them. They will suggest meeting at a planning clinic. Ensure you get pre-planning meeting number and take you own detailed notes. They will NOT give you a yes or no answer, however if you bring an architect or planning consultant they may read between the lines or argue your case, BUT when all is said & done the planners will only formally comment on a formal planning submission which takes approx 3 months & 2/5k in professional fees.

Best of luck

You need to talk to an arch or planning consultant in conjunction with the planning authority

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lavenderlady

Hi All
    We attended a pre-planning meeting recently in Westmeath County council, to determine if we were likely to get a favorable outcome for a planning application for a private home, on my dads family land in a rural area. The planner was satisfied with the site, our local need, and in principle our house plan, which is a traditional 2 story farm house plan, with 1 bedroom /bathroom downstairs.
    However she did specify that the front elevation of the main body of the house should be no wider than 10m, and the width of the house no deeper than 8 m. Our planned home was a 4 bed, with 1 lounge, and kitchen/living diner, and only 1 ensuite- so not a monstrosity by any means. Now the initial plan was 13m by 9 metres depth and we definitely have scope to condense the width of the home, but only realistically by a metre or so.
    My query is has anyone come across this stipulation before. The planner said that its part of the rural development plan (although not expressly stated in same) that houses main forms should not be too large. She confirmed if we just break up the house and have 2 2-story parts built onto the main body of the house this would be favourable. However this is not really in keeping with traditional farmhouse houses either. We are a little confused,as to how to proceed. Looking at architect sample plans overnight for similar type homes, and plan-a-home book most houses (2000sq foot) have similar /larger widths.

My feeling is reduce the width of the house by a metre, keep depth the same, and the lay-out ,submit and see what they say......as we love our plan, it suits the site and our budget and I get the feeling that it is the planners who make the ultimate decision.
    Its bewildering as almost all the houses on our local road are huge, town type , massive houses with a frontage of at least 14-15 m but the planner said precedence is not a good way to go with planning .
    Just wondering if anyone has any advice? Or has anyone been granted planning permission recently in this area?
    Thanks

Looking at architect sample plans overnight for similar type homes, and plan-a-home book most houses (2000sq foot) have similar /larger widths.

My feeling is reduce the width of the house by a metre, keep depth the same, and the lay-out ,submit and see what they say......as we love our plan, it suits the site and our budget and I get the feeling that it is the planners who make the ultimate decision.

Sounds like you want a bog standard 4 up 4 down type faux palladian 2 storey house.

most counties now want rural houses designed so as to reduce the mass and form of a house, so a 13 m wide x 8 m deep will create a long high elevation... exactly what they do not want.

if you are completely married to this plan, id suggest reducing down to 8 m wide if not such a big deal.. and reduce the widths by what you think is the max youd be happy with. can i also suggest you do not include any gables or change of finish to the front elevations, leave as simple as possible.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16 zzboardzz

Hi

Im looking for any advice on my idea.

There is a wall which divides my property with my neighbours. It doesnt touch either property but splits our territory. I believe it may be called a party wall. Each of us has a side entrance / gate leading to our gardens. The fence wont affect this.

What the max height I can go to with a wooden fence? (Is it two meters?) I only plan to go approx 6 ft on the front but just wondering.

My garden / land is approx 2 foot higher than theirs, (theirs stepped down 2 foot) so can I measure 2 meters from my side of the wall as the max i.e. on my territory. Just for future ref to know.

Can I attach the fence to my side of the wall with bolts?

Do rules differ from the front garden party wall to the back piece of the party garden wall? In the back garden the wall is higher (approx 6 ft) and I may add a foot piece of wood to the top for privacy.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply Sydthebeat
    Yes it is fairly bog standard, but we were advised by a local architect this rural type of dwelling was the most ideal for getting planning, and is similar to a lot of the existing homes in the area.The elevations are to be very simple, with plain windows and smooth render.

One of the main reasons we like it is its simplicity and also for cost of roof etc.

I think the fact the planner was happy for us to go into a 3rd story and add 2 story bits onto the gables, or at the rear of the house confused us as this doesnt seem to marry with the 'ideal' rural type of home we have been advised to plan. Also the mass of the house would actually be greater, and the roof higher with her suggestions, but I accept that 13m is very wide. We are a bit unsure how to proceed, as the technician/engineer who is helping us with the plans feels that the dimensions she advised are more akin to rural homes from 50 years ago and not in line with current requirements. He thinks tighten the plan a bit and proceed.

I suppose I was just wondering how much of what is actually said at pre-planning is taken into account at the actual planning permission decision stage.

I suppose I was just wondering how much of what is actually said at pre-planning is taken into account at the actual planning permission decision stage.

well, the planner would be advising you of the parameters and guidelines they have to work within, so i think you can take it that, unless you can very strongly argue against a policy... that thats what they will be applying.

to be honest, 4 walled boxes arent what planners want to see submitted because they lack design and are ubiquitous. That being said, if the "4 walled box" falls within allowed parameters... they would be very slow to refuse a plan like that.

Thanks for the reply, we will have a think over the weekend and see where we go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 zzboardzz

zzboardzz wrote: »
    Hi

There is a wall which divides my property with my neighbours. It doesnt touch either property but splits our territory. I believe it may be called a party wall. Each of us has a side entrance / gate leading to our gardens. The fence wont affect this.

What the max height I can go to with a wooden fence? (Is it two meters?) I only plan to go approx 6 ft on the front but just wondering.

My garden / land is approx 2 foot higher than theirs, (theirs stepped down 2 foot) so can I measure 2 meters from my side of the wall as the max i.e. on my territory. Just for future ref to know.

Do rules differ from the front garden party wall to the back piece of the party garden wall? In the back garden the wall is higher (approx 6 ft) and I may add a foot piece of wood to the top for privacy.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, Can anyone advise me on this?

Thanks.

zzboardzz wrote: »
    Hi

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2001/en/si/0600.html#sched2
    The construction, erection, lowering, repair or replacement, other than within or bounding the curtilage of a house, of —

(a) any fence (not being a hoarding or sheet metal fence), or

(b) any wall of brick, stone, blocks with decorative finish, other concrete blocks or mass concrete.

1. The height of any new structure shall not exceed 1.2 metres or the height of the structure being replaced, whichever is the greater, and in any event shall not exceed 2 metres.

2. Every wall, other than a dry or natural stone wall, constructed or erected bounding a road shall be capped and the face of any wall of concrete or concrete blocks (other than blocks of a decorative finish) which will be visible from any road, path or public area, including a public open space, shall be rendered or plastered.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Sarah3

Hi,

I lodged a planning application all of which was granted apart from a balcony at the back of the house.

The county council are looking for revised plans without balcony. Anyone any experience of dealing with issues like this.

Before I go back to discuss with them, I am wondering if anyone might know how much flexibility I might be given to change the design of the back of the house without having to reapply for planning.

• Advertisement

Sarah3 wrote: »
    Hi,

I lodged a planning application all of which was granted apart from a balcony at the back of the house.

The county council are looking for revised plans without balcony. Anyone any experience of dealing with issues like this.

Before I go back to discuss with them, I am wondering if anyone might know how much flexibility I might be given to change the design of the back of the house without having to reapply for planning.

1. i assume the application is at "Further Information" stage?
    2. if so you dont need to "reapply"
    3. They generally will not discuss an open planning application during the duration of the application.
    4. Generally you will have to do what they are requesting, unless you can satisfy them as to how their concerns will be dealt with without the change, or alternative changes.

An architects statement covering the design changes due to the balcony removal would how I've delt with this in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 13 missmoon99

Hi All,

Looking for a bit of help. We are putting in an A3 planning application. I am from the area etc. and can prove all the basic requirements.

I am just wondering - there is a section on the form "Are there any other exceptional circumstances that would support your case for a dwelling at this rural location?"

Should we fill this in? What should we put here? Has anyone written one of these statements before and have any examples?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

Hi,

Our architect has had a meeting with DLRCOCO planning and the issue of parking provision for our new build has come up:

"If separate driveway/parking areas are proposed, vehicles shall be shown to drive in and out of their respective driveway/parking area in a forward gear while the other car spaces within the said driveway/parking area are occupied. The Applicant shall show the above detailed layout drawing by using a Computer Aided Design (CAD) software such as Autoturn "

Does anyone have any experience with parking issues in their plans? Am i correct in saying that even if there is 1 car parked in our drive way, there needs to be room for a second car to drive in, turn around, and then drive out in 1st gear?! This seems a bit mad considering there are single car driveways all over Dublin, and even if they can fit two, you definitely can't do a u-turn! :( Am just afraid we're going to have to cut a huge chunk off our floor plan in order to accommodate 2 cars like this, which we don't have.

The other solution would that we share a carpark with the neighbouring house, but I imagine this will have repercussions if we need to sell in future.

Any info you might have regarding this issue would be much appreciated.

mrsWhippy wrote: »
    ..... DLRCOCO planning..."If separate driveway/parking areas are proposed, vehicles shall be shown to drive in and out of their respective driveway/parking area in a forward gear while the other car spaces within the said driveway/parking area are occupied. The Applicant shall show the above detailed layout drawing by using a Computer Aided Design (CAD) software such as Autoturn "
    is the site urban? is it very tight?
    typically a house provides 2 spaces with a 'hammerhead' turning circle or similar.
    Does anyone have any experience with parking issues in their plans?
    yes you'll find several professionals on here accustomed to such requests
    Am i correct in saying that even if there is 1 car parked in our drive way, there needs to be room for a second car to drive in, turn around, and then drive out in 1st gear?!
    typically yes, tough in an urban environment some allowances can be made depending on the local authorities engineer and the particulars of the road/area
    This seems a bit mad considering there are single car driveways all over Dublin, and even if they can fit two, you definitely can't do a u-turn!
    im afraid generalizing is not the way to deal with this - specific examples of neighboring situations may be an option but thread carefully.
    :( Am just afraid we're going to have to cut a huge chunk off our floor plan in order to accommodate 2 cars like this, which we don't have.
    show us the floor plan? (minus the architects details)
    The other solution would that we share a car park with the neighbouring house, but I imagine this will have repercussions if we need to sell in future.
    ? unless this is a development with shared car parking forget it
    Any info you might have regarding this issue would be much appreciated.
    let your architect discuss with the local authorities engineers department and submit options

• Advertisement
Advertisement