Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Promotion Code - Irish Ferries / Stena Line

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

Maybe ask IF if they'll extend it for you? If they won't ask if you can transfer it to someone else?

I'd be reluctant to offer much for it in case it was rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭rothai

Hi all. Does Irish ferries usually do a sale in January?

To my knowledge, there haven't been any sales as such since the pandemic started, with either IF or Stena. In other years, you might get reductions of up to 30% for summer sailings purchased in January.

I'd be surprised if you don't see some attractive offers from IF / Stena over the coming weeks as they attempt to fill their ships with passengers now that the restrictions have been significantly reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭rgfuller

I think you can forget this for Stena, most of the summer sailings, to France at least, are almost full already (cabin wise at least - from trying to book).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭kenn0

Hi All any codes for P+O or Stenna

Northern Ireland to Scotland

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

If you anyone with an AXA insurance policy you can get 10% off.

AXA PLUS CUSTOMER DISCOUNT

AXA PLUS CUSTOMERS GET 10% DISCOUNT OFF BOTH STENA LINE FERRIES & HOLIDAYS!

10% OFF FERRY TRAVEL TO BRITAIN & FRANCE

When you travel with your car on Stena Line, enjoy 10% OFF publicly available Economy, Flexi and Premium (port to port) single or return fares on our 4 Irish Sea routes to Britain and our year round direct route to France, Rosslare – Cherbourg. Please book using the Book online and save panel on your left – no offer code required.

10% OFF SELF-DRIVE HOLIDAYS BY FERRY TO BRITAIN & FRANCE

Stena Line offer you 10% off an exciting range of self-drive holidays to Britain and France. Enjoy a luxury hotel or theme park break in Britain, a family friendly holiday park in France or a bustling Haven holidays park in Britain – we have accommodation for all tastes and budgets.  CLICK HERE to search. Simply enter offer code AXAPLUS at the end of your booking on the check-out page.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Hi, Anyone have updated codes for either Stena or IF. Traveling in a few weeks and the prices are crazy (Ireland-UK). Last traveled in 2019 and managed to get a 25% promo code online but there is nothing online this year.

I haven't seen any codes for a long time either. Both IF and Stena are doing about 25% off if you are booking a short trip (under 5 days) and Stena are doing reduced foot passenger day trips, but that's about it. Even Tesco clubcard vouchers are worth less now than last year. I'm not sure I'd hope for any codes materialising until 2023.

Might be of use to someone on here.

Irish Sailing > Membership Benefits > Irish Ferries

• Advertisement

A family member with AXA and have the discount but they are not traveling. Only concern is the T&Cs they might.

• As part of the Terms & Conditions of this offer which has been specially arranged for AXA Plus customers, it is advisable to have your AXA Plus membership card or documentary proof with you as evidence that the driver or passenger in the car are an AXA policy holder Failure to do so will result in excess charges being raised at the port of departure

What's the worse that can happen? They won't honour the discount? My guess whoever is checking you in will only be interested in matching your paperwork with their list in terms of lead passenger name. Previously I used to show the car insurance disc in Halfords as proof of AXA insurance and never had an issue. In this case the insurance had been arranged through a broker and technically I shouldn't of been considered for the discounts. Also AXA can take up to 3 months to issue the card. I have never traveled with Stena but when traveling with IF they seemed more interested in getting people boarded than examining every detail with deep scrutiny.

Good luck on your travels and let us know how you get on.

Yeah I was thinking the same, I can't see any infomation on excess fees on the website that they would change. No issues if they just charge the 50 quid discount. I have the card and can take it with use. The child traveling is the same namer as the policy holder!

BTW anyone who knows an Irish Farmers Association member can get 15% discount if they give you the membership number.

IFA membership is €90 I'm not sure my couple of raised beds in the garden would qualify me as a farmer.....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I booked Stena online, input my Axa policy number, and it generated a code.

The Axa policy relates to another vehicle I own but this isn't an issue apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭daesal

Thanks. At which point in the booking dod you put your axa no in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Was it on the stena website itself? Thanks

Fares seem very high for this time of year. I was looking at taking the car over before Christmas but it seems like it's cheaper and possibly quicker to fly and car hire.

Thanks. I've tried a few codes on other things. The code goes through but no discount applied to prices.

• Advertisement

Fares are high irrespective of time of year unfortunately but it tally's with their results.

Revenues in its Irish Ferries division came to €338m, a 133.9% increase on the previous year and an 83.4% increase on 2019.

Yes. It's unfortunate as an island we are held to ransom by lack of competition. The IF treatment of customers during covid was a disgrace.

Anyway rant over. Unfortunately a relative needs to travel on IF soon and we have credit to use up. 22ISA is accepted in the discount box but does not give a real life discount.

Before we were advised to email IF with a code and they would "get back to you". Guess when they got back to us?

So close to the crossing that the fare had gone up more than the discount coveted!

It would be funny if the feeling of being taken for a ride wasn't so high :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Don't waste your time emailing IF they take months to reply. I was owed a refund and they took 2 months to get back to me by email.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Or ringing! I was owed a refund. Due to a bereavement. They refused to give it to me. Eventually I got a credit note...for a company I never want to use again. Its disgraceful behaviour. And feel so helpless that these people can be so unaccountable. If I behaved like that at my work I would rightly be fired!

Anyway...sorry. rant over. Discount codes at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Roxxers

reckon any coming in January ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Discount codes at the moment are rarer than rocking horse crap

There are a few 'workaround' that will save you money

We went to visit family in Wales last week, 4 night trip with a car on Stena, i paid 267Euro for myself and our 18month old to go on the car

Wife and 6yr old were booked on same ferry as a 'Duty Free day trip' at a cost of 16 for her, 8 for little one, they just didnt use the return leg of the same day, save maybe 80euro

Now that 267 Euro was a short stay special, under 5 nights, they dont seem to be doing them after January

My eldest daughter is expecting her first child in March, i've priced up a 3 night trip, midweek, M-F , 2 adults, a 6yr old, a toddler and car and it's coming in at 520Euro, complete mad money, i've never EVER known it this expensive

Pre-pandemic you'd see fares advertised from €89 car plus driver. It's now €139 or €149 for the same.

Surprised you didn't get surcharged on the day returns - they always used to put that in the smallprint if you didn't come back.

Hotel + ferry option with Stena might be the cheapest. You only need to stay for 1 night in a hotel and can move the ferry travel dates out much further apart. Probably a good bit cheaper than just the ferry. Kids used to travel free. Have done that a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭9935452

Out of curiosity , when you booked in your wife and child as a duty free day shopper , did they stay in the car witb you when you checked in or did they have to check themselves into the terminal.

We were over last week 2 of us in the car with stena 500 euro return , with hotel for 4 nights. Hotel on its own would have cost 200. Ferries on their own were around 370 both daytime .

I remember years ago i was able to get day returns for the car and driver for 175. But was able to adjust the days out so i could travel out friday night and back sunday night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I pulled up outside port, wife and child went inside and checked in and boarded as foot passengers, in Dublin they could have just walked out into smoking area and rejoined me in car but little one wanted tk get bus onto the boat so they met me on board.

Same at Holyhead but no option there for them to join me, they have to meet me on board

Advertisement