Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to bring my Kenyan friend to Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

0verblood wrote: »
    Not sure where to post this, but anyways, does anyone know how much hassle it is for a Kenyan national to get into Ireland? I was able to walk into Kenya not a bother but I'm sure it's not as easy vice-versa...

How did you meet her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

super-rush wrote: »
    How did you meet her?

Her uncle works in fast food restaurant with his mate who looks suspiciously like Arsenio Hall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

help him hop the fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Its easy to do anything but you must ask yourself.....

"Kenya do it?"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

galwayrush wrote: »
    Ryanair are probably the cheapest but they don't do direct flights to Kenya.:pac:
    www.fly540.com

I've heard of a Ugandan who wasn't allowed into the UK because she didn't have land in Uganda. She bought land and reapplied, but because her first application had failed they didn't consider her second one. Make sure you check all the options because she might not get a second chance at a visa.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

How hot is she?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

How hot is she?

Very hot I'd say. It's fierce warm in Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

wyndham wrote: »
    Very hot I'd say. It's fierce warm in Africa.

Thats racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭faral

Oranage2 wrote: »
    A better question is 'how to get a Nigerian back to Nigeria'

Only if they're illeagally here, ofcourse
    i DO agree with u mate;)i know may people of different origins but common opinion on nigerians are really bad.it has to be a reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Grimes wrote: »
    Get him to walk through passport control backwards. That way they will think hes leaving.

Swore i seen that joke before :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Freight containers are one way to go. hiding in the back of a lorry another.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TheRealPONeil

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Leave the aborigines out of this, you racist thug.

:pac:

Leave the Public Sector workers out of this, you ... you IBEC card carrier you !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

nuxxx wrote: »
    Swore i seen that joke before :rolleyes:

Yeah Im a funny guy, probably stumbled on the same joke Jesus would have made when he was trying to escape from the Romans.

Also this thread is inherently racist as it involves keeping anyone out of anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Creampie

Could she not gain entrance for a holiday and just never go back? Maybe it would be difficult to get in just for a holiday. I don't know.

Good luck to your friend. I hope she gets what she wants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭0verblood

Grimes wrote: »
    Dont want to tie the knot? I bet she dosnt like that. If you dont want to get married are you sure you want to be in this relationship. Especially considering its long distance. Perhaps you should seriously reconsider your commitment to the future of this relationship.

I'm only 24, I'm not going to get married when I'm this young with no job. I just want to bring my girlfriend back to Ireland and start from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I'm only 24, I'm not going to get married when I'm this young with no job. I just want to bring my girlfriend back to Ireland and start from there.

When I go on holidays I usually bring back a stick of rock. Its easier getting it through customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Your ignorance is bliss, if i said Australian back to australia would you have asked how i slept then?

Black person playing the race card - I'm shocked

You seemed hellbent into making this an immigration debate, when it really didn't need to be. Any excuse for a good old keyboard rage about the immigrints though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

You seemed hellbent into making this an immigration debate, when it really didn't need to be. Any excuse for a good old keyboard rage about the immigrints though.

I know it was the emigrants even when it was the bears i knew it was the emigrants...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Your ignorance is bliss, if i said Australian back to australia would you have asked how i slept then?

That's not possible is it?

No Aussie in his right mind would leave Australia to move to Ireland.

old_aussie looks up at post above.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

old_aussie wrote: »
    That's not possible is it?

No Aussie in his right mind would leave Australia to move to Ireland.

old_aussie looks up at post above.

There are Aussies in their right minds?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭Tow

Very simply as posted before, she needs to apply for a visa. eg a holiday visa, or work visa etc..

Even if you marry her she still not get a visa, as you have no job, you must be able to prove you can support her. There are various income thresholds for wife and wife + child(s) 1/2/3 etc. Her passport/visa will have "No recourse to public funds" stamped on it. Once here, all that seems to go out the door!

To qualify for a holiday visa, she will have to prove she has the means to support her self here (bank statements, investments, property, business etc) and provide proof of ties back to her own country (that she will return home.) eg job, property, own business etc Also providing proof of pervious foreign travel on work/holidays will help.

To qualify for a work permit she will have a skill in demand and a company to apply for her etc.

All of this requires proper paperwork.

BTW, With many cultures marriage is everything, if she though you had no intension of ever marrying her she would be gone!

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Get her a job in the Red Cross or Oxfam. She can come over and say she's doing her bit to help the poor souls who can't afford food(from Donnybrook Fair) and have to feed their family low grade muck(Superquinn bought food)....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

E-mail her to yourself as an attachment.

Have her deliver a crate of Kenco coffee to your house.

Move to Kenya, start a new fun-filled adventure with hilarious consequences.

Dye her hair ginger, slap on an Irish jersey circa 1994 (With OPEL written on the front of it) and maybe pass her off as an Irish citizen.

Or, better yet, don't listen to my advice. My track record of smuggling immigrants hasn't been the greatest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The minute I saw this thread appearing in After Hours, I knew it was going to be full of win. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Black person playing the race card - I'm shocked

What an atrousious statement! You honestly believe that I am playing the race card when I picked up on you making the following statement:

'how to get a Nigerian back to Nigeria' to the clearly written question- How to bring my Kenyan friend to Ireland?

In response to your question, I am Nigerian and damn proud to be one as well (if you dont like it- bite me!!) . You have obviously formed your opinion about Nigeria/Nigerians based on the ones you have come in contact with ( assumedly) what you have read, or possibly for some unknown reason. You are entitled to your opinion and so am I.

I did not play the race card , I stood up for my country, maybe you should start doing the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

KINGVictor wrote: »
    I did not play the race card , I stood up for my country

That's a fair point King Victor, but it does not apply here.

This is a country where people who live in caravans are classified as an ethnic minority, as are people of the same race as Irish people but with a different accent.

Also, any form of national pride other than Irish republicanism is regarded as deeply suspect.

Those are the rules. You should have been given a leaflet explaining this on the way in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Why don't you do the country a favour and move to Kenya and claim their Welfare?
    KINGVictor wrote: »
    What an atrousious statement! You honestly believe that I am playing the race card when I picked up on you making the following statement:

'how to get a Nigerian back to Nigeria' to the clearly written question- How to bring my Kenyan friend to Ireland?

In response to your question, I am Nigerian and damn proud to be one as well (if you dont like it- bite me!!) . You have obviously formed your opinion about Nigeria/Nigerians based on the ones you have come in contact with ( assumedly) what you have read, or possibly for some unknown reason. You are entitled to your opinion and so am I.

I did not play the race card , I stood up for my country, maybe you should start doing the same.

The Nigerian joke was just a little bit of social satire on Nigerians and deportation - I have no problem with either to be honest - the reason I chose Nigerians was because the guy asked about his Kenyan girlfriend and Kenya is in Africa and Ireland has a lot of Nigerians probably more than any other african country so nigeria was more fitting for the Joke - I hope this clears everything up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Why don't you do the country a favour and move to Kenya and claim their Welfare?

The Nigerian joke was just a little bit of social satire on Nigerians and deportation - I have no problem with either to be honest - the reason I chose Nigerians was because the guy asked about his Kenyan girlfriend and Kenya is in Africa and Ireland has a lot of Nigerians probably more than any other african country so nigeria was more fitting for the Joke - I hope this clears everything up?

No hassle at all!...and I apologise if I came across as confrontational in my last post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Cobbe354

Would you possibly consider moving over to Kenya to live there with your girlfriend? It would be a change i'd say, but when love comes into situations, alls fair.

Just a thought.

Advertisement