Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deer hunting license

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Heavy handed

I've mine gone in since April and been approved so I could pick up the new rifle but still haven't received the licence. Thought it would have been here by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I've mine gone in since April and been approved so I could pick up the new rifle but still haven't received the licence. Thought it would have been here by now.

I know a lad in the exact same boat. No sign of mine yet either.

Going to miss the 1st week of the season with work anyway but rather have all the paperwork sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Ring them and they will send you an official letter to say your approved by email, i had to use this a couple of years ago to push on my .243 license for a range test.I was in with them a month ago they have over 4000 applications to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Heavy handed

It finally came in the post today. I had planned on ringing them today if it didn't show up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Two licenses (Father and i) arrived this morning. Cutting it close, but it arrived none the less.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Cass wrote: »
    Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Two licenses (Father and i) arrived this morning. Cutting it close, but it arrived none the less.

Fingers crossed it's at home this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭hawlk

Mine arrived yesterday .Happy days ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Rang today to see wazzup.In the post and should be out next week.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Still noting for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭German pointer

was away for a few days got home this evening and it was sitting waiting for me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Any fear that some lads won't have their license by the time the season starts?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭RKMG

Was only able to apply for my license on the 20th Aug and was told they were still processing licenses received on the 9th July. They did say that should reduce over the next couple of weeks but not looking likely for the 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Just submitted mine by email this afternoon and got a reply back within 30 minutes stating that they are currently processing applications received on 14th August so not too much of a backlog.

viper123 wrote: »
    Just submitted mine by email this afternoon and got a reply back within 30 minutes stating that they are currently processing applications received on 14th August so not too much of a backlog.

Oh that's brilliant, I assumed the backlog would start to speed up but didn't think it would be that quick

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

viper123 wrote: »

I was onto them this mornin and they told me they are processing the 13th July today. Are you sure they said august.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

Hi *******.

We are working on a large backlog due to the late submission of renewal applications. We are currently processing applications received on the 13th July. Applications are being dealt with strictly in the order in which they were received.

Regards

George Kitteringham,
    Wildlife Licensing Unit,
    Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht,
    7 Ely Place,
    Dublin 2
    D02 TW98
    t: (01) 888 3289
    e: george.kitteringham@ahg.gov.ie

visit us at www.npws.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

I was onto them this mornin and they told me they are processing the 13th July today. Are you sure they said august.

I wish to acknowledge receipt of your recent Deer Hunting application. Please note that we process applications in the order of the date that they are received and are currently processing applications received on the 14th of August. Your application will be processed in due course.

Kind Regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

All this sending back ones with missing date and info and checking every single folio no must be really slowing down the process.

Cant see how it can take that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Spaniel heaven

Rang again today, they are still on the 14th of july, was told last week id have it for the 1st,no hope now, v v annoyed

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kiltris

I sent in mine in May and I still haven't received it, phoned them today and they said it had been approved and I'd have it before the week was out. Can't understand how it could take this long to get the bloody thing sorted.

• Advertisement

Kiltris wrote: »
    I sent in mine in May and I still haven't received it, phoned them today and they said it had been approved and I'd have it before the week was out. Can't understand how it could take this long to get the bloody thing sorted.
    Because they let them sit in sacks till July then start to issue in August, retarded system.I was in with them on July 30th over a mistake on mine and they where only processing June 4th or 5th bag of applications ,they said they had over 4000,probably 3 or 4 people processing them , should be a 3 year licence anyway.I still have not received my amended one back by the way and I will be going out on Sept 1st if I have it or not, I'm not going to suffer because of their incompetence

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭leica

Rang them today , told me there is a six week backlog , definitely will not have mine on time , told me you have to have it to shoot deer , which is understandable , not really pissed though , I normally wait for the rut anyway , love to hear the Sika whistling, make the hair stand on the back of your neck ,!!

leica wrote: »
    Rang them today , told me there is a six week backlog , definitely will not have mine on time , told me you have to have it to shoot deer , which is understandable , not really pissed though , I normally wait for the rut anyway , love to hear the Sika whistling, make the hair stand on the back of your neck ,!!

Did they give any indication on whether or not they might catch up on the back log in the next few weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭hollowpoint

Arrived Tuesday FINALLY!!! What's with the pink though?

RKMG wrote: »
    Did they give any indication on whether or not they might catch up on the back log in the next few weeks?

No just said that there was a backlog and there trying to deal with it the best they can

• Registered Users Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Sent mine back 14 days after being recived in April.Nothing until last Monday when they kicked it back due to one permission being PP signed,as the landowner was indisposed to sign it.Same permission for the last ten years ,same info ,same everything,just signed on his behalf with his full permission.
    Rang them to ask why the delay to be told they are working on the ones from July.I asked them when did they get mine first time?According to them in July!!
    So from April to July it sat in an IN tray someplace in an NPWS office.Asked them why cant this be issued on a three year basis..Basically "property might change hands or other factors might change that has an effect on the place you are shooting..If you want to put it in writing......." Heres a thought,maybe we would inform NPWS if such happened as responsible gun owning adults?So now we have the NPWS doing what AGS stations had to do every year before the three year liscense...Shut down to get liscenses issued before a deadline of Sept 1st.:rolleyes: Why not just deal with them as they arrive in from the end of a seson to the next and then mass mail them the last two weeks of August?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Sent mine back 14 days after being recived in April.Nothing until last Monday when they kicked it back due to one permission being PP signed,as the landowner was indisposed to sign it.Same permission for the last ten years ,same info ,same everything,just signed on his behalf with his full permission.
    Rang them to ask why the delay to be told they are working on the ones from July.I asked them when did they get mine first time?According to them in July!!
    So from April to July it sat in an IN tray someplace in an NPWS office.Asked them why cant this be issued on a three year basis..Basically "property might change hands or other factors might change that has an effect on the place you are shooting..If you want to put it in writing......." Heres a thought,maybe we would inform NPWS if such happened as responsible gun owning adults?So now we have the NPWS doing what AGS stations had to do every year before the three year liscense...Shut down to get liscenses issued before a deadline of Sept 1st.:rolleyes: Why not just deal with them as they arrive in from the end of a seson to the next and then mass mail them the last two weeks of August?

Grizz, you're making too much sense.

I Would have to agree with tikka hunter and say it is complete incompetence on the npws side , there looking for animals culled and can't supply experienced hunters that can dispatch of animals humanly, professionally and safely with permits ?
    Ps , bear in mind it is still illegal to shoot deer without a valid permit ,
    Unless your a poacher , then you can do what you like , in or out of season , npws, Garda , Rangers , don't seem to bother about them ,

leica wrote: »
    I Would have to agree with tikka hunter and say it is complete incompetence on the npws side , there looking for animals culled and can't supply experienced hunters that can dispatch of animals humanly, professionally and safely with permits ?
    Ps , bear in mind it is still illegal to shoot deer without a valid permit ,
    Unless your a poacher , then you can do what you like , in or out of season , npws, Garda , Rangers , don't seem to bother about them ,
    I should have added I have a section 42 that runs another 2 weeks so I am covered that way,I wouldn't just go out with nothing. Still nothing in the post today despite me going in with the original to get mistakes amended, found them very unhelpful this year . I had to get letters from them in past years saying my license would be granted for gun license etc. But this year they don't want to do anything for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭steyrman

I should have added I have a section 42 that runs another 2 weeks so I am covered that way,I wouldn't just go out with nothing. Still nothing in the post today despite me going in with the original to get mistakes amended, found them very unhelpful this year . I had to get letters from them in past years saying my license would be granted for gun license etc. But this year they don't want to do anything for you.

Hi did you get the section 42 with last seasons licence if so your licence is out of date the section 42 is valid with a current deer hunting licence you do not have a current hunting licence so there for you cannot legally stalk I am open to correction on this last thing you want is someone stopping you and you don't have the proper paperwork to cover you

Advertisement