Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24 - Anyone watching this again?

Options
  • 31-07-2012 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭

I've started watching this again, on Netflix. I watched seasons one and two since June and am now on season three, half way through it. My free subscription runs out tomorrow, so I have just over 24 hours to finish it.

Anyone been watching it lately?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

whirlpool wrote: »
    I've started watching this again, on Netflix. I watched seasons one and two since June and am now on season three, half way through it. My free subscription runs out tomorrow, so I have just over 24 hours to finish it.

Anyone been watching it lately?

Enough time for a season :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭itchy elbows

started watching it on netflix again myself, still a brilliant show even if season 1-3 were the best. seen chloe in an episode of its always sunny in philadelpia the other night she looks totally differnet when not whining.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭pah

I used to regularly go back to it and pick out a season, rewatching it over a week or so, havent done it for a couple of years, bought the 8 series box set in hmv when it was going for 50 quidish and gave my seasons 1-7 to the old man. That was well over a year ago and I havent broken out the boxset yet, getting the itch now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Rihanna7

Yes i've just finished the complete boxset & it was as good as the first time love it!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Jack Bauer wrote:
    With all due respect Madame President, ask around.

I'm watching season 7 at the moment, and i loved this line. Perfectly sums up Jack :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Hell yes. Just finished season 5, my favourite season and possibly the greatest ever season of action TV. Getting myself primed and ready for the new season next year :)

Kiefer is so Hot!!

Just finished season 6 again. Not the strongest season by any means, a few too many weak characters (Nadia Yassir, Daniels) and not the best storyline throughout the season, but the scene at the end between Bauer and James Heller is one of the most powerful of the entire show, absolutely great stuff. Would love to see Audrey Raines appear in the show reboot next year. There's surely unfinished business for her and Jack.

Such a great, great television show. It'll always be in my top 3 shows, absolutely loved it from start to finish.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Would love to see Audrey Raines appear in the show reboot next year. There's surely unfinished business for her and Jack.

If she came back into it, she'd just get killed and we'd all feel horrible about it...all over again :(

I'm re-watching season 8 at the moment, and by christ there is so much crappy filler. Skipping every single scene with Dana and her dirtbag boyfriend, and will probably skip anything with Omar's daughter and the bodyguard.

The rest of it is great though.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm re-watching season 8 at the moment, and by christ there is so much crappy filler. Skipping every single scene with Dana and her dirtbag boyfriend, and will probably skip anything with Omar's daughter and the bodyguard.

The rest of it is great though.

I never understood that Dana Walsh storyline at all, was completely pointless. The rest of that season is pretty great though. Especially when Logan arrives into it. What a legend!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I caught the end of season 1. Watched 2-5, a few episodes of 6 and then ditched it. Might go back to season 1 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I rewatched six recently. It's still by far the weakest season they did but having not watched any 24 for about 18 months or so I did find myself still massively enjoying it.

I'll do a complete re-watch ahead of the new season coming next year.

Season 4 isnt great either. But you generally find with 24 that each season has some excellent sections, even the weaker seasons such as 4 and 6. Season 5 is still the best, absolutely brilliant.

Just watched the back to back silent clocks in season 8.

:(

It was so sad but Brilliant! i can't wait for the new series although i thought they should have just done a movie instead of a series, never the less something to look forward too

Rihanna7 wrote: »
    It was so sad but Brilliant! i can't wait for the new series although i thought they should have just done a movie instead of a series, never the less something to look forward too

I disagree, I reckon a film would probably have ended up being just another action movie, whereas the mini series will hopefully allow them to do what they do best. Really looking forward to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Rewatched the show's first episode. I'd forgotten a good deal of it, including Jack being in charge from the off. A rather good pilot. The setting, key relationships and Bauer's antics are all there. Plus the CTU ring tone, and the idea of the mole. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

DAMMIT !!

Though it was a thread about the new season.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I love the way in season one
    they tell you Nena is a mole from the off

• Advertisement

We don't find out she's the mole till the 3rd or 4th last episode. We think she is early on, but she clears her name. We don't know for sure till she calls Drazen at the end of the episode (iirc).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

I'm watching this for the first time. So sorry that I didn't watch it first time around. Great show. I'm confused tho, halfway thru S3 and it seems Nina is back on the scene. Did I misss something? The last i saw of her, she was being taken away in cuffs buy CTU after trying to get pre-emptive immunity for the murder of Jack Bauer. How did she get back out? Or is this explained later on?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

In S2
    President gives her a pardon and chooses to honour it when the info provided is valid.

Jernal wrote: »
    In S2
    President gives her a pardon and chooses to honour it when the info provided is valid.

Oh right. I just assumed that it was gonna be reneged upon.

pajopearl wrote: »
    Oh right. I just assumed that it was gonna be reneged upon.
    She was given a pardon and deported to a specific country, and was meant to be under watch - but somehow slipped back into the states, which is how she turns up in season 3 as part of the virus deal. Thats my recollection of it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    She was given a pardon and deported to a specific country, and was meant to be under watch - but somehow slipped back into the states, which is how she turns up in season 3 as part of the virus deal. Thats my recollection of it anyway.

Almost. In S3 she isn't
    back in the States though. She turns up south of the border until CTU bring her back with them.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Almost. In S3 she isn't
    back in the States though. She turns up south of the border until CTU bring her back with them.

Correct, my bad. Not seen season 3 for a few years. Great stuff though!

Eh, I just spent the last 2 days watchin season 8 and I must have missed this one!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Eh, I just spent the last 2 days watchin season 8 and I must have missed this one!?

Its when
    The President is killed then the 2nd for Renees' death

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The President death and then Renee death

Edit beaten to it :P

Advertisement