Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Irish and Proud

jd wrote: »
    Farmers aren't happy with value being put on land by the NRA-they aren't being offered Bubble-era amounts

http://www.enniscorthyecho.ie/news/eyausneyau/

Yes, would they cop themselves on! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭spadesaspade

Does anyone know when this road is ment to be starting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Does anyone know when this road is ment to be starting?

Has been put on the back burner till at least 2016.

The NRA have already handed out €100 million of taxpayers money in CPOs despite it not starting until at least 2016.

Oh and they have another €50 million to dole out to landowners yet !

Hospitals closing down and they have money to burn on this it seems.:mad::mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

vicwatson wrote: »
    Hospitals closing down and they have money to burn on this it seems.:mad::mad:
    Harly since they've just suspended 45 schemes at a time when the construction industry is crying out for work. Also land prices are low now and will rise in future - so the time to buy the land is during the recession. The price the NRA pays for the land is ultimately born by you and I, the taxpayers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,709 ✭✭✭jd

From
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0622/ireland-to-benefit-from-eib-collateral-rule-change.html
    Minister for Finance Michael Noonan has said the European Investment Bank had agreed to relax the collateral rules allowing the Government and the private sector to access fresh funding.

Projects which could be earmarked for funding could include the Dublin-Wexford road, the Tuam-Gort road, new schools and community health centres, Mr Noonan said.

I think the CPOs have been quietly proceeding..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

By Dublin - Wexford they'll probably mean the M11 gap, not Enniscorthy I'm afraid.

By Dublin - Wexford they'll probably mean the M11 gap, not Enniscorthy I'm afraid.

Yes, the Rathnew/Arklow scheme was the one mentioned in the Sunday Times today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Projects which could be earmarked for funding could include the Dublin-Wexford road, the Tuam-Gort road, new schools and community health centres, Mr Noonan said.
    How can the M11 Wicklow-Arklow be "earmarked for funding" when it is starting in a few months?

spacetweek wrote: »
    How can the M11 Wicklow-Arklow be "earmarked for funding" when it is starting in a few months?
    I wondered about that, but it was explicitly mentioned in the ST.

I wondered about that, but it was explicitly mentioned in the ST.
    Fair enough. It's just that I'm sick of the weasel words from the Gov and lack of commitment to ANYTHING. A project supposed to start in July is pushed back and now it is "earmarked for funding." When it's in the bag, it should be in the bag. You can't keep endlessly dithering like this, it's unprofessional!

• Advertisement

Well, well, well, it looks like this scheme will be given the green light today. It'll be a busy few years between Wexford and Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Much needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0717/breaking2.html

N25 New Ross by-pass

N11 Enniscorthy by-pass

Are the projects to begin. To be announced this afternoon. Could just be more promises though.

Yep, will be interesting to see what dates they announce. Probably they'll stick to the existing program:
    2012 Wicklow/Newlands
    2013 M17/18
    2014 N25/Enniscorthy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Yep, will be interesting to see what dates they announce. Probably they'll still to the existing program:
    2012 Wicklow/Newlands
    2013 M17/18
    2014 N25/Enniscorthy

http://per.gov.ie/2012/07/17/speech-by-minister-brendan-howlin-td-government-infrastructure-stimulus/

The only mention of the NX scheme I can see is this:
    While we have achieved recent success in the advancement of two PPP projects, Schools Bundle 3 and the N11 and the Newlands Cross Interchange

So presumably it's fully funded and they're waiting on BAM to get started.

The other dates look like they have been confirmed as well, but as I've said in the N17/18 thread, I'll see it when I see the fences go up (no idea if they are already up or what site prep has been done).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Saw some guys taking levels in the area near where the link road between the East & West bypasses of Enniscorthy is planned to go.I wonder if they are starting sooner than expected or if they are just doing something that's related to the town's flood defence programme?? They were gone before I got a chance to ask them.

zerks wrote: »
    Saw some guys taking levels in the area near where the link road between the East & West bypasses of Enniscorthy is planned to go.I wonder if they are starting sooner than expected or if they are just doing something that's related to the town's flood defence programme?? They were gone before I got a chance to ask them.
    Not expected until 2014 but there's no time like the present to be getting prepared.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

This scheme has been decoupled from the N25 New Ross scheme and is pushed down the list ( or maybe even off the PPP list, nobody is saying.) . The N25 New Ross scheme proceeds alone and is next after the M17/M18 and Newlands/Arklow schemes ( in reverse order)

I would not consider it as important as Cork-Buttevant M20 or the N22 Mallow Bypass scheme in the national scheme of things. They are busier and substantially more dangerous roads. If any scheme should drop off the PPP list into the shovel ready pool it is this one.

If the planning restarts on the N11 Oylgate - Rosslare scheme this year then it seems the intention will be to couple the 2 N11 Schemes into 1.

Unlike the 2 Cork schemes there is an acceptable alternative Gorey Wexford road,the R741.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    This scheme has been decoupled from the N25 New Ross scheme and is pushed down the list ( or maybe even off the PPP list, nobody is saying.) . The N25 New Ross scheme proceeds alone and is next after the M17/M18 and Newlands/Arklow schemes ( in reverse order)

The tender process is due to start later this year:
    The Authority is now planning to commence the tender process for the N25 New Ross Bypass (estimated capital value of c. E215m) with the tender process for the M11 Gorey-Enniscorthy planned to commence later this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 5HCC

From transport.ie website updated 30-4-2013

'Contracts signed for €282M N7 Newlands Cross fly-over & N11 Arklow-Rathnew upgrade - Varadkar'

'Additional Public Private Partnerships (PPP) which are pending:'

'N11 Gorey to Enniscorthy PPP Scheme'

http://www.transport.ie/pressRelease.aspx?Id=763

• Registered Users Posts: 7 5HCC

Technical Advisory Services M11 Gorey to Enniscorthy PPP Scheme
    dated 10-6-2013

http://www.competitionline.com/de/wettbewerbe/139063

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭annfield1978

Employers Representative for the scheme's specimen design, contract document, procurement and administration has been awarded subject to alcatel period

• Registered Users Posts: 41 350125GO!

Employers Representative for the scheme's specimen design, contract document, procurement and administration has been awarded subject to alcatel period

Eh?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭veryangryman

350125GO! wrote: »
    Eh?:confused:

Indeed. Government speak seems to an in a language detached from English

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Cleahaigh

Indeed. Government speak seems to an in a language detached from English

That's not government speak. It's contract and highway design speak.
    Employer's Rep = Consulting Engineer

Specimen Design = Sample Design that the PPP Co will develop their Tender Design from

Alcatel Period = A standstill period of 2 weeks after the preferred bidder is selected. It's named after a courtcase involving the telephone manufacturer Alcatel and allows a period for another tenderer to challenge the decision if they fell they have a case. If there isn't a challenge during the period you can then proceed to contract award.

• Advertisement

Cleahaigh wrote: »
    That's not government speak. It's contract and highway design speak.
    Employer's Rep = Consulting Engineer

Specimen Design = Sample Design that the PPP Co will develop their Tender Design from

Alcatel Period = A standstill period of 2 weeks after the preferred bidder is selected. It's named after a courtcase involving the telephone manufacturer Alcatel and allows a period for another tenderer to challenge the decision if they fell they have a case. If there isn't a challenge during the period you can then proceed to contract award.

This man knows!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

What is the process from there, i.e. steps and timeline before construction actually begins? Thx.

PoolDude wrote: »
    What is the process from there, i.e. steps and timeline before construction actually begins? Thx.

Stage (ii) Advanced Works Contracts (i.e.Site clearance, Fencing, Archaeolology, Ecology, Demolition, Utility Diverisons) - Performance Period 3 Months

Stage (iiia) Tender Document Preparation and Tender Competition

Prepare Specimen Design and Contract Documents to define the works and constraints. The scheme will be a design and build so say 5 Contractors will be invited to tender for the construction of the scheme, the all appoint separately a design who review the specimen design and prepare a number of value engineered tender designs for the purposes of pricing the job. This is an iterative process following a series of consultation meetings with the Employer to provide feedback on their submissions.

Performance Period 12 Months

Stage (iiib) Tender Evaluation and Award

Review the tenders recieved an determine who is the most economically advantageous tender (MEAT) - Performance Period 3 Months

Stage (iv) Construction

Say 2-3 yrs

Anybody here anything new on this lately - I'm sure local elections will spur updates to come out over the next few months

From the Wexford People (no link yet). From Wexford County Council report

WORK ON the New Ross Bypass is to begin in early 2015, while work on the Enniscorthy Bypass is to start in mid 2015.

Responding to a question from Cllr Paddy Kavanagh, Director of Services for Roads, Eamonn Hore told the meeting that both projects remain on track, adding that they will be finished by the end of 2018.

• Advertisement

From The Wexford People

DETAILS of the work to be done to extend the M11 motorway from Gorey to Oylegate were last week provided to councillors in the Enniscorthy district.

It is expected that all tenders from consortia keen to carry out the work will be submitted by the end of November.

The contract is due to be awarded in June of next year, with construction to get under way in September.

The budget for the long-awaited project is €341 million and the road should be open to motorists before the end of 2018.

From The Wexford People
    Can't find that on their site...

Can't find that on their site...

Not available on the website yet!

Not available on the website yet!
    Ah I get it now. You typed it in from the hardcopy of the newspaper! Oldskool...

Works on roads near Ferns to cater for construction traffic

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/goreyguardian/news/enniscorthy-bypass-work-begins-on-ferns-roads-30483657.html
    Contractors and council crews were busy in recent weeks at improving the road from the village to The Harrow, as well as the end section of the Clone Road towards Monageer.

The €700,000 programme of widening, re-surfacing and strengthening has also included the laying of some new footpath.

Though the work is of immediate benefit to local motorists, the spending was not carried out with them in mind, as the National Roads Authority stumped up the cash so that the road in question will be ready to take motorway construction traffic.

It is expected that installing the M11 extension from Clough to Oylegate will begin sometime next year.

Vehicles coming from Ferns will have no direct access to the motorway once it is opened. However, the improvements on the Harrow road – over a five kilometre stretch – underline that the area will be close to the action.

From Wexford People (not yet on line)
    Bypasses set to be ready in 2018

THE target date for finishing the long awaited Enniscorthy and New Ross bypasses is some time in the year 2018..four tenders have been received from consortia looking to tackle the New Ross N25 scheme...hoped that the selection will be made shortly.. expected that the contract for the Enniscorthy N11 bypass will be signed a few months later than the New Ross contract.

Does it give a start date for either - I'm always more comfortable when construction has actually started knowing it is actually happening :)

PoolDude wrote: »
    Does it give a start date for either - I'm always more comfortable when construction has actually started knowing it is actually happening :)
    I think they said September 2015 to start for Enniscorthy and spring 2015 for New Ross.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭badgerbroc11

Land owners in the Camolin area have received notice that work well begin in Spring 2015 which would be the Enniscorthy bypass

Land owners in the Camolin area have received notice that work well begin in Spring 2015 which would be the Enniscorthy bypass

At this rate the Enniscorthy bypass could start before the M17/M18 :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 flat 2 the.....

What company is doing the construction

I think it is being awarded in the next month or so but we don't know yet

The submission of tenders is due in the middle of december

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭VR6

The submission of tenders is due in the middle of december

With probably the best part of a year of dawdling over a decision and assignment of an interim list of preferred contractors etc etc etc, - easily 2016 before even a hint of a chance that work will start.

VR6 wrote: »
    With probably the best part of a year of dawdling over a decision and assignment of an interim list of preferred contractors etc etc etc, - easily 2016 before even a hint of a chance that work will start.
    They had expected it would be September '15 before work would commence (if contract awardded by June), so work could still start next year.

I'd say Howlin and Keogh will be pushing for it.

They will want it started before an election

Plus if it is awarded to the same contractor as Rathnew - Arklow finishing in August, it moves their work down the road which you might surmise could make their bid better/cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Moving Plant is a tiny cost of the job, sher loads of plant went from here to Arabia at the start of the recession...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Middle Man

Word filtering out that BAM will pick this up

Would make complete sense since their machinery is literally just up the road - a similar situation occurred on the M6 Kinnegead to Kilbeggan and Kilbeggan to Athlone sections - both sections approximately 28km in length. AFAIK, Bam got the former and tendered for the latter - IIRC, the latter was constructed by BAM at half the cost of the former - that IMO was down to the direct continuation of work from one section to another. Mind you, those sections were directly adjacent. Was on those sections once and the quality of work was very good!

Apolgies, my post regaridng BAM related to the N25 New Ross PPP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

Where can I find map of the planned Enniscorthy bypass?
    Ideally showing layout of the junctions and other details not just the route.
    But even just the route map would be good for the beginning.

Advertisement